How to keep strangers away from the baby.

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree14Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 26th, 2013, 04:36 PM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Stacey
I babywear and most people won't touch the baby since he/she is so close to mom. Just another perk.
Oliver (5) VBA2C, 7lbs 3oz, 19.5" ~ Grayson (10/16/13) 2VBA2C, 9lbs 12oz, 22"
born sleeping at 39w pg; Protein C def, FVL, PAI-1 , & MTHFR
Lavender Kate (5/20/14) 2.5oz, 6" Lost at 16w

August 26th, 2013, 05:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'd never heard the thing about Hispanic culture...weird. And my DH is hispanic.

I babywear quite a bit and my babies aren't the "pass 'em around" type. They stick with mama.
The Purple Butterfly and gRod like this.

[IMG]h ttp://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc187/kellybabe05/natural2.gif[/IMG]
August 26th, 2013, 08:17 PM
slmehaffey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wore my first all the time, and only had one person try touching him, it was weird, they said they thought I had a dog in my sling.... WHAT? so you decided to touch my dog that was closely bound to my chest... did you think that it wouldn't bite you?
Other than that one crazy person touching my son when he was only like 2 days old I didn't have anyone else touch him...
with my daughter we didn't go out much until she was a lot older since I was recovering from her birth, but when we did go out she was always in my arms, I rarely put her down or handed her to anyone else, and no one ever tried to touch her without my permission so long as I was holding her.
I only worry about church here now, cause it is mostly filled with senior citizens and I know they don't know all the social rules that are newly showing up and will most likely want to touch the baby and a lot of them don't seem to understand personal boundaries... I'll probably wear the baby to church and cover it as much as possible in the sling so that if they want to see it they will have to ask me... let alone touch it.

August 27th, 2013, 07:24 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
Having the baby in a moby wrap keeps hands away.

or in the infant seat with a blanket over the top.

I straight up just tell people don't touch when they try.

I cannot stand it when my little ones are still babies and sitting in the stroller and kids come up to them and touch. I am like no don't touch, go find your mom. LOL

August 27th, 2013, 07:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlimama05 View Post
I'd never heard the thing about Hispanic culture...weird. And my DH is hispanic.

I babywear quite a bit and my babies aren't the "pass 'em around" type. They stick with mama.
I guess I should have said Spanish or Mexican culture...I dont know if it is in others....I know some Asain cultures believe in the superstition. We know it as "Mal de Ojo" There are lots of crazy over the top so untrue old wives taled things in my cluture. I know it is crazy and then late at night when something weird is happening or I get scared, I go all crazy Mexican woman and pull out raw eggs and start praying. So much for reason and research based practices! LOL

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search