Nursery progress... (several photos)

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree18Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 5th, 2013, 11:00 AM
"Shay-see"
My heritage is Scottish, and I've been there twice now - my first trip was a solo backpacking adventure - I felt such a strong connection to the rural parts I visited. Everything about it - the climate, the food, the people - felt familiar and ... fitting. Some of my best memories come from that experience, and I sometimes (often) find myself longing for it like a second home.

I took 2 days in Dublin on my way back home from that trip, and it was a pretty cool city, even from the very little of it I saw. I didn't get to see much more of Ireland, but based on that experience alone, I'd have to say you're gonna love it when you go! I went at the end of May and it was perfect - things were gearing up for the tourist season but the crowds weren't there yet and prices for travel were still reasonably low. European travel is costly because of the value difference in currency, so I stayed mostly at hostels and did a lot of camping. It worked!

Anyway, this is one of those subjects I could go on about all day, so I'll spare you. I hope you don't have to wait too long before you go. I feel like visiting the lands of one's ancestors is one of those life experiences that makes a person feel more... complete.
FishermansWife4 likes this.

September 11th, 2013, 11:05 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
That mint green blanket, where did you find it?? I love it! Would be awesome for newborn portraits!

As for our "nursery" we wont have one, so no progress here.

September 11th, 2013, 12:32 PM
slmehaffey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wren View Post
How old do you think is old enough to share? I think he'll be in our room for at least 6 months. That is about when we put our daughter in her nursery. However, he is going to be sharing with our 3-year-old daughter, and 6 months seems a little early if he is not sleeping through the night at all yet.
they probably wont share until after baby is a year old, I have a spot cleared out in my sewing room for the crib that once we move baby out of our room they will stay there until ready to share.

September 11th, 2013, 12:44 PM
"Shay-see"
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewbears View Post
That mint green blanket, where did you find it?? I love it! Would be awesome for newborn portraits!
It was crocheted for baby A by one of my friends - she does it as a hobby.

September 11th, 2013, 02:07 PM
Super Mommy
Very pretty! We aren't doing a nursery as the baby will be in with me, but I am a bit jealous of those of you that are.

As far as books go, if you have an Ollie's near you they have a ton of books really cheap!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search