Belly binder thing

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Rosiegirl7
  • 1 Post By slmehaffey

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 5th, 2013, 03:27 PM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Some of you have mentioned belly binders things you have bought for after the birth.

I'm not sure it's worth it for kid 3, I've never used one before. But I'm intrigued, so link me to what you've got!
September 5th, 2013, 04:27 PM
Rosiegirl7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I read Jessica Alba just goes to Fredriks of Hollywood and straps on a corset and wears it day and night. That's the strategy I'm going with.
soul_donut likes this.
September 5th, 2013, 04:42 PM
happywife's Avatar Super Mommy
Not sure if its the same thing or not, but I got this amazing elastic belt after my C-section with my twins. I really hope I get another. It was the only way I could stand up straight afterwards. Other than that, I've already got a drawer full of "fat hiders", all kinds for any kind of outfit. I bought some at Wal-Mart and my mother in law gave me some ( I love being the same size as her )

Married to my bestfriend Graham and proud mommy to Codi - 15, Kevin - 13, DJ - 11, Mylyn & McKynlee - 3 & Graham Jr. ~born on Earth, living in Heaven ~ May 9, 2012
September 5th, 2013, 05:39 PM
Julie
I've never used one. Haha, I couldn't imagine wearing a corset at this point, but more power to those who rock one this pregnant

September 5th, 2013, 06:04 PM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
I was going to ask my MW if they're worth it...I'm mostly worried about my hips getting back to normal! I've always had "baby bearing hips" and I would like to be able to keep fitting in jeans...
September 5th, 2013, 06:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
ILoveStorm, I'm the same way, so I bought the Shrinkx Hips, don't know it it will work, but I guess we'll see. Shrinkx Hips: Shrink Your Hips After Baby Quickly and Easily

I feel like getting one for my belly too is excessive...but still thinking about it. Would be nice to avoid loose skin around my belly button. Don't know how common this is though?
September 5th, 2013, 07:01 PM
slmehaffey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have always used those things that look like a tank top that hide the fact that you can't button your pants while in early pregnancy, or hide your belly when your shirts no longer cover you... they are tight but not too tight, and sort of hold it all together you know... I have a horrible ugly white belt that I could use this time if I feel the need, got it from the doctor when my belly button hernia was acting up.. I feel like an overweight man with a bad back in it though, probably wont use it.
jamieshalon2 likes this.

September 5th, 2013, 08:00 PM
Laurenj915's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Belly bandit worked great for me. I am posting pictures because I scoured the internet for before and after pictures during my first pregnancy. I really wanted to know if belly binding worked before buying one. I never found much of anything.

Here is my before picture. This is at the birthing center while I am in labor.

Here is my belly bandit

Here I am 3 days after Sawyer was born.

Last edited by Laurenj915; September 5th, 2013 at 11:20 PM.
September 5th, 2013, 10:11 PM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm trying out the belly bandit. A couple of my midwives other patients have recommended it and I got a really good deal on it.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

September 6th, 2013, 05:24 AM
Wanta.number2's Avatar Hi, I'm Tiffani!
Any suggestions on which one to buy for after c/s?? I was never given one with my first and didnt know they even existed! Anything to help -me walk or stand up straight would be AMAZING.
September 6th, 2013, 06:12 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
I got one that was used by a friend after her C/S - it seems very sturdy! Though I admit - I kind of want to go the Jessica Alba route too Maybe I'll pick a sexier one up once the weather cools down, and 6 weeks after the baby just in case DH likes it too. Between the C/S girdle and the insane looking no-hands pumping bra thing I'm going to want something that makes me feel like a sexy human being again!!

I don't anticipate wearing anything on my hips because they've always been a little wide anyway. I like my regular waist to hip ratio so as long as I can firm up top I think I'll be all set. That is, unless things go haywire hip-wise between now and labor day..
September 6th, 2013, 06:36 AM
"Shay-see"
Lauren, that's pretty amazingly effective. I wonder if it's safe to use after surgery?
September 6th, 2013, 08:09 AM
Rosiegirl7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yea Lauren you should be a spokesperson for that Belly Bandit thingie!
September 10th, 2013, 01:59 PM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I got this for my hips (since it is my last child and it supposedly only works after you have a baby and have relaxin in your system):
Amazon.com: HipSlimmer Corset - - M: Clothing

And I got this for my belly. I got a medium and will probably have to get a small after a couple months. it was expensive, but I think it will be worth it...I hope!
Bellefit Postpartum Girdle with Zipper | Childbirth Recovery | Abdominal Binder
I had a coupon for $10 or $15 off as well so I saved a little money. They also have some that are supposed to be a better fit for c-section mamas.

Anyways, I hope they both work. It was really hard to find before and after pics of any products out there, but Bellefit had a few.

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
September 11th, 2013, 02:37 PM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
never had one. But with as fluffy as I am, there is likely not one to fit me, and I doubt it would work LOL

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search