SHOCKING discovery at my appointment today

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree25Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 6th, 2013, 05:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was worried about lack of fetal movement, so I called my midwife today and they decided to do an ultrasound to make sure that everything was ok. The great news is that everything is fine, baby passed with flying colours, so no need to worry any longer.

The shocking news is that my little girl, who we've been calling Clara since 19 weeks is actually a boy!! I can't believe it. It is definitely a boy though, I made her show me multiple times, to the point where she got exasperated with me! Lol.

So, now I need to get used to the fact that I'm having a BOY and not a GIRL!

We've already got so much girl stuff, I guess I'll have to get to exchanging ASAP.

Still over the moon that the baby is happy and healthy, and I cannot wait to meet my little boy, who we are now calling Henry.

Hope I'm the only one here with a shocking discovery about baby's gender!! xx
September 6th, 2013, 05:05 PM
MrsHoot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well atleast you have some time to adjust now, instead of being surprised at the birth!! Glad your little one is healthy, though I can imagine being quite shocked! Our friends had a girl in March after being told they had a boy... so we were totally cool with being team green this time. Just in case...

September 6th, 2013, 05:23 PM
"Shay-see"
Yay! I was wondering just today how many of us would end up gettng surprises!!

That's so funny. When they call out "girl" you can never be too sure!! Every time they've seen mine on the screen since 19w they've said "oh, it's definitely a boy". I think it makes my husband feel proud. hehehe.
QL1516 and mizza411 like this.

September 6th, 2013, 05:30 PM
Wanta.number2's Avatar Hi, I'm Tiffani!
Glad you got your surprise now instead of at birth! Now you have time to get to exchanging!
September 6th, 2013, 05:41 PM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
Oh wow! Good thing you found out That would've been a shock!
September 6th, 2013, 05:44 PM
mama2ladybugs's Avatar Super Mommy
lol i'm sorry, i had to laugh at that because it made me think of my mom with my little brother. fortunately, you found out now...she bought girl stuff to decorate the room and then found out when he was born that she would have to be taking it back!

Thank you Babydoll213 for my beautiful siggy

WTTC #3 Fall 2017
September 6th, 2013, 05:51 PM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
That's crazy congrats on the healthy baby boy!!!!!!

I make the ultrasound check thoroughly every ultrasound and she still has girly bits!!!
Karrara 9 1/2 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 07/1/06, Kayda 6 1/2 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 1 10/10/13

September 6th, 2013, 05:54 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I got a 3-D confirmation mine is still a girl. lol I'm glad the surprise is now and not when you delivered! Now he won't go home in pink.
mizza411 likes this.

3 on Earth and 7 in Heaven Hoping to get knocked up in 2016...sometimes.
http://arwenart.com
September 6th, 2013, 06:01 PM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh wow! Congrats on your little BOY!! I'm glad you got that surprise u/s! We've had 2 u/s that was quite obvious it was a boy, but I'm not gonna mind taking one last peek in 2 weeks! lol!
mizza411 likes this.

September 6th, 2013, 06:30 PM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow thats crazy!!! Congrats on your boy!! lol

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

September 6th, 2013, 06:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks everyone! I am still in shock, and have to catch myself when I want to say "she", and I fix it to "he". At least I have 4 weeks before my due date, so plenty of time to get used to it.

Will have to go through all of my clothes now and take out the stuff he can't wear (onesies with tutus ,etc) I won't be too picky, a little bit of pink never hurt anyone!

Still getting through my list though. Lots of people to tell!!
Anitha, Rosiegirl7 and Seasaidh like this.
September 6th, 2013, 07:36 PM
1fabulousfem's Avatar Mommy to Finn + 1!
Oh my! Congrats on your little boy!

September 6th, 2013, 08:27 PM
Leah
Wow! At least there's a little time to adjust - I'd definitely need it. Makes me glad my lil homeboy here has never been shy showing off those goods. Congrats on your healthy boy!

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump
September 6th, 2013, 08:37 PM
SierraWinter's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on your little boy! That's crazy! I would be in a little shock. Least you've got a few weeks to adjust lol
September 6th, 2013, 08:37 PM
MrsPea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Holy crap that's some surprise! I'd be in shock for days that's for sure. It's a wonderful thing to find out now instead of the delivery room!

September 6th, 2013, 08:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes, I'm SO happy we found out now!

Feel like I lost my little girl, but I know that's silly because she never really existed. 4 weeks will be plenty of time to change mind sets, or at least I hope so. Can't even imagine finding out that "she" was a he upon delivery. For once FTM worries actually helped, otherwise I wouldn't have had the u/s and wouldn't have known.

Thanks for your support and congrats, I'm sure the total and utter shock I'm feeling now will wear off in a few days. Henry Henry Henry...just got to keep reminding myself!
Anitha likes this.
September 6th, 2013, 08:45 PM
JeCaLe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow!! Congrats on your little boy!

September 6th, 2013, 08:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes, I'm SO happy we found out now!

Feel like I lost my little girl, but I know that's silly because she never really existed. 4 weeks will be plenty of time to change mind sets, or at least I hope so. Can't even imagine finding out that "she" was a he upon delivery. For once FTM worries actually helped, otherwise I wouldn't have had the u/s and wouldn't have known.

Thanks for your support and congrats, I'm sure the total and utter shock I'm feeling now will wear off in a few days. Henry Henry Henry...just got to keep reminding myself!
Anitha likes this.
September 6th, 2013, 08:59 PM
Leah
Quote:
Feel like I lost my little girl, but I know that's silly because she never really existed.
I think it makes total sense to mourn your little girl. I'd certainly feel a bit tipsy turvy and all, definitely like I lost my boy if he suddenly became a little girl. Even trying not to assign a personality to him yet, I still see him as my little boy. I visualize my baby boy.
mizza411 likes this.

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump
September 6th, 2013, 09:11 PM
Cccbb61013's Avatar Veteran
With my first I knew he was a girl. It wasnt even that I wanted a girl. I just knew that baby was a girl. Every thought, every dream, every hope for the future, my child was a girl. So when she turned out to be a she I was in shock & I mourned my girl. It was strange to me b/c I actually wanted a boy t begin with but had such a strong "mother's instinct" that it was a girl, I planned my life with this girl. It took a little bit but I got over it & I wouldn't change my boy (soon to be 2 boys) for anything. Little boys are amazing, you are going to love it. But you already fell in love with your girl, so take the time you need to mourn that loss. Once you meet your baby boy, he'll make you forget all about it!
mizza411 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search