Working?

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 8th, 2013, 05:19 PM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
Who all is still working? If so, how's it going? If not, how is maternity leave treating you?

I've been not working for 3 weeks now? Blech. So bored I would probably be working part time for fun if my car would finally get fixed, but I also have nothing to do at home other than clean (which I dont do ) so that's probably adding to my boredom.
September 8th, 2013, 05:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I stopped working in May

But not by choice. We moved and DH got a new job and we only have one car. I commend anyone still working at this point in pregnancy! It's hard to be a SAHM too but I cannot imagine having to get up and look presentable every morning.
& Henry Joseph- born 10/15/13
8 lbs 10 oz and 22" long

September 8th, 2013, 05:35 PM
JeCaLe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think my last day will have been Friday. I told my boss not to expect me back in, unless I was feeling much better over the weekend. My BP was 156/94 on Tues, and its just not worth it. So I think Monday I start, luckily I will get 12 weeks of paid leave, otherwise it wouldn't be possible.

September 8th, 2013, 05:37 PM
Rosiegirl7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Been on maternity leave for 2 weeks now and loving it! Getting a lot done, get to lounge around finally, but get bored on occasion. I'm just enjoying this time to relax and be lazy before baby gets here.
Anitha and MrsPea like this.
September 8th, 2013, 06:07 PM
Regular
I am working until I pop. I'm due October 20 and October 18 is my last day unless little Landen decides to come early! I hope he won't. I am a kindergarten teacher and it's still going great! The only difference is it's harder to tie shoes! haha
September 8th, 2013, 06:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so jealous of all you people, except Jackie, wow! I am due Oct 6 and was going to work until the 4th, but changed my mind a month ago to Sept 27. I have three weeks to go and I'm DYING. I want to have as much time with my son as possible, when he gets here, but going to work every day and doing as much as I do there is hard and getting harder. It's a desk job, but still. Tuesday I have a 10 am meeting with a very important client, then I have to spend all day doing something I've never done before (so have to be fully engaged ALL day) and then I have a big work party in the evening. It's a semi-black tie affair, so I have no idea what I can even wear that's fancy at this point, and heels, well, I don't know how Kate Middleton did it until her son was born!! I wish I was off now, but probably wouldn't know what to do with myself if I was...
September 8th, 2013, 07:11 PM
Leah
I'm still working. I don't have a date I'm stopping set in stone. Figure I'll go as long as possible. My boss did say she figures I'll want off beforehand due to discomfort, but I'm hoping to stash as much money as possible. We're a pretty laid back office, so I don't get any flack for peeing every fifteen minutes, or extra snack breaks. It would suck having to be dressy everyday - my yoga pants see the office at least once a week now.

My hospital and doctor are less than ten minutes away, one aspect of the company is medical supplies, and a coworker is a first responder who recently underwent emergency childbirth training so we joke that I'm set if I want to work through labor and delivery.

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump
September 8th, 2013, 07:21 PM
Cccbb61013's Avatar Veteran
I'm working one or two days a week. Either one 13 hour + day & one 7 hour day. Or just one 13+. It's not bad. I worked today & then don't work again till next tues. yay! I work with 2 other pregnant gals. One is like 27 weeks & she works three 13+ days & the other is 38 weeks & she is supposed to work the three 13+'s but is picking up all the OT she can b/c she really needs the $. She has a 2 yr old, a 4 yr old & another part time job. As of today she had been working 6 straight days of 13+'s. I feel so bad for her!

September 8th, 2013, 08:17 PM
mama2ladybugs's Avatar Super Mommy
d***! i wish i had a desk job!!! i work in the pizza business and i'm on my feet for 9 hrs 5 days a week. i have 3 weeks left of that. on top of that, i'm pretty much the one who works the hardest there because half of the employees are too lazy to even so much as come in for their scheduled shifts. i'm pretty good at my job, but it equals up to a s*** load of stress!

Thank you Babydoll213 for my beautiful siggy

WTTC #3 Fall 2017
September 8th, 2013, 09:51 PM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by babygreenes.mommy View Post
i work in the pizza business
Great, now I want pizza.

I am still working, and am scheduled to work until I deliver. Hopefully that is sooner, rather than later I have a desk job, and am literally 3 blocks away from the hospital, so I'm not overly concerned with it...well, with the exception of the fact that tonight is my first night on 11pm-7am shift for a month, so I'm not too thrilled about rearranging my sleep schedule.
September 9th, 2013, 12:23 AM
Druslady96's Avatar Veteran
Last day in office is Sept 16th so I have 6 more business days and I can't wait to be off! Job is so stressful and I have so much to do that I haven't been able to and lately I've been so tired. Can't fall asleep at night and have to get up early in the AM... also commuting a hour in traffic when I can barely reach the pedal because of my belly, seat leaning back... It is NOT comfortable. I'm stressed and miserable by the time I get to the office.

September 9th, 2013, 04:32 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
I still work 9 hours a day and I plan to keep on working until I pop. I am really hoping that I can make it to either October 5th or 12th. I want another saturday baby
My job is semi desk work. I do get to sit when needed, but I also have to walk across the facility quite a bit.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
September 9th, 2013, 05:36 AM
mama2ladybugs's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyrae03 View Post
Great, now I want pizza.

I am still working, and am scheduled to work until I deliver. Hopefully that is sooner, rather than later I have a desk job, and am literally 3 blocks away from the hospital, so I'm not overly concerned with it...well, with the exception of the fact that tonight is my first night on 11pm-7am shift for a month, so I'm not too thrilled about rearranging my sleep schedule.
i crave pepperonis,but i swear its more of a mind thing then an actual craving lol.

Thank you Babydoll213 for my beautiful siggy

WTTC #3 Fall 2017
September 9th, 2013, 05:48 AM
MrsPea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I finished work for good at the beginning of August! I had about 2 weeks of being productive, then 2 weeks of pelvic pain and sitting on the couch. I'm feeling better this week so I hope I can start being more productive. Before baby comes I need to: make his mobile, finish washing his clothes, write my thank you cards, and clean the house.

September 9th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am still working. I just told my boss I will be taking the next 3 Fridays off (4 if Baby still hasn't come by then) My due date is Sep 29th and I hope I have only 12 more working days. Its a desk job and not too bad, but I would really like to relax, sleep in and lounge around for some time before baby gets here!

September 9th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Wren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm planning on working until the day before I am induced, but I think if I were planning on making it to 40 weeks I might stop a week before my due date. I want as much time after the baby comes as possible. I mostly work from home though, so I don't have to be presentable and I don't have an uncomfortable commute. Mentally I am already a bit checked out from work.
September 9th, 2013, 10:44 AM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm still working. I sit at a desk all day so it's not too bad, BUT the commute kills me in the evenings. I work from home on Friday's so that is nice. I only have two more weeks left, so I might try to work from home part of the day an extra day each week so I can avoid sitting in traffic for 1-1.5 hours on my ride home.

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
September 9th, 2013, 12:26 PM
~Momma*2011~'s Avatar I love my little girl!!
Like with DD, I will work until I have this baby. I only take 6 weeks maternity leave and it's all unpaid so I work until then. I would love to take 12 weeks but DH just switched jobs and took a substantial pay cut and we had to use up most of my maternity leave savings towards a water heater so I'm working as long as possible to save that back up. No worries, I have a fairly laid back job and I do a lot of sitting.
jackie13h likes this.

September 9th, 2013, 01:46 PM
Super Mommy
I am due on the 18th and my last day is the 4th. I have a desk job but am starting to feel pretty miserable. They just changed our office to allow jeans everyday, but my dresses are more comfy so that's what I wear most days. I've been working past my scheduled time too, trying to get as much done as possible before leave, but it's been nuts.
September 9th, 2013, 02:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am set for a c-section on the 1st and planned on working until the 27th. HOWEVER, even sitting is making me cry. Im in so much pain. I emailed the doctor this morning and told him that Im seriously going to hurt someone...so Im going in Friday and we are going to assess where I should spend the last two work weeks. My boss sees me in pain so Im working from home as much as I can. This week I will work from home half day tomorrow and all of Wed. I leave a detailed work plan every evening hoping my water will break at night....still nothing

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search