OT Online shopping Rant & Warning

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By soul_donut

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 10th, 2013, 07:23 AM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I ordered my car seat and stroller from sears.com in August. They ended up double charging my account. Once in August and then again in September, which over drafted my account badly. I put a stop payment on the second charge, THEN Sears.com credited my account for the item price which made my account have money that didn't belong to me in it, a decent amount too. So, I did the responsible, karma fearing thing and told them about it. I'm just sick and tired of them screwing with my bank account. I've got money going in and out for the new house, Susan's last minute baby items, bills that I have to pay and due to all this, I can't deposit or withdraw money from my account due to fear of over drafting and royally screwing money up....I'm ready to scream or cry. It's so frustrating and on top of all that, I have to spend literally hours on the phone with people who don't understand what the problem is and have such thick accents that I can't understand them and they can't understand me. Needless to say, I'll NEVER order from Sears.com again. They can go ahead with themselves...or something. Thanks for listening. I'm just really, really frustrated at this point.

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
September 10th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Veteran
Oh wow, that would make me so mad. This is why I try to avoid paying with CC if I possibly can. It makes me very happy when online shops accept PayPal- then even if I pay with my card, they can't just rip the money in and out without having consequences. Is there something the bank can do to stop any authorizations at all from coming in from Sears?
Team Green turned Team Blue, October 25th 2013
September 10th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oy! That would frustrate me to no end as well!! Did they finally sort it out for you?? I hope any future online purchases are not as problematic...do you shop on Amazon? They are great with refunds, returns etc.

September 10th, 2013, 08:19 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
OH that really sucks. I am sorry you are having such a crummy time with them. I ordered some clothes a while back from there, but it was a good experience. Maybe because I paid with a gift card, lol.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
September 10th, 2013, 08:20 AM
Thank you ladies. I have to wait 5-7 business days to see if they do everything right. Until then, my account is unusable which is driving me bonkers. I'll never shop anywhere but Amazon.com again. I love Amazon, they just didn't have the stroller or car seat I wanted there so I decided to try elsewhere. Lesson learned, I guess.

Lol Jamie next time I have to go somewhere other than Amazon, I think I'll use a gift card. Maybe it'll be less stressful.

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
September 10th, 2013, 08:21 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
Quote:
Originally Posted by walelia2 View Post
Oh wow, that would make me so mad. This is why I try to avoid paying with CC if I possibly can. It makes me very happy when online shops accept PayPal- then even if I pay with my card, they can't just rip the money in and out without having consequences. Is there something the bank can do to stop any authorizations at all from coming in from Sears?
The opposite - this is why I USE a CC. Debit cards use up your actual cash - so for example, if you have a hotel room, they'll put a big chunk on your card for a deposit. That's a big deal with debit / actual cash that goes out to paying bills. But when it's an actual credit card, you have until the next billing cycle so unless you trash the hotel room, that deposit will have come and gone without you really even knowing or being effected by it. Same with online purchasing - if there is a goof, like what happened with Sears, you aren't directly taking the hit. Plus it's a lot easier to deal with a credit card company than a bank when you're talking about "cash" vs cash.

I hope that things get figured out soon for you. If at all possible, maybe consider getting a CC to use for online purchases or something that has rewards that will work for your family - if you have monthly expenses that you always spend on it'd be great to see something back for it!
FishermansWife4 and Seasaidh like this.
September 10th, 2013, 08:22 AM
JeCaLe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ugh that sucks. I hope it finally gets straightened out correctly.

September 10th, 2013, 08:27 AM
MrsPea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I only pay with a credit card when online shopping, never my bank card! It's a lot easier to call AmEx or Visa where they can spot a double payment charge right away without going through the online company. Plus if that account number gets stolen it's there problem not our life savings problem!

Hope you can get the overdraft fees returned to you and this sorted out quickly!

September 10th, 2013, 08:41 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So annoying.
September 10th, 2013, 09:34 AM
"Shay-see"
Make sure Sears at least compensates you for any overdraft charges you incurred as a result of their mistake. I hate that kinda stuff, but what Melissa said totally makes sense - perhaps consider going that route in the future.

September 10th, 2013, 09:48 AM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That would make me so mad too! I am not good with stores when they royally mess up something like that!

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
September 10th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Julie
That would annoy me to no end as well. I hope it gets cleared up soon.

September 10th, 2013, 01:29 PM
Thanks ladies. I appreciate your advice and commiserating with me.

Melissa, I'm going to have to look into getting a credit card. I've never had one, believe it or not but now I definitely see the use for it.

2013 Mommy
September 10th, 2013, 03:02 PM
Wren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Credit cards have their own dangers with getting into debt, but they are good sometimes with dealing with companies you are having disputes with on your behalf. You can have the vendor fight it out with the CC company instead of dealing directly with your bank account.
September 10th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That would annoy me too! Hope they straighten it out quick!
& Henry Joseph- born 10/15/13
8 lbs 10 oz and 22" long

September 11th, 2013, 02:40 PM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
That sucks! I would be on the phone with them making sure they cover all the extra fees and such that you got charged since it was THEIR fault.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search