Baby Head Down and very low and already dialated at 35 weeks!!!! Shocked me!

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 10th, 2013, 11:14 AM
SouthernBelle86's Avatar Rachelle
I had my fetal medicine doctor appointment first this morning and they didn't know if they could get a really good weight on baby because his head was very very low, they laid me down and got a good idea that he is at least 4 pounds 11 ounce-5 pounds.

Than directly after I had appointment with the OB doctor and I explained to them my new recent symptoms and that I am not feeling the best the past few days. The Doctor did the Strep B test and went ahead and checked my cervix and how low the baby is.

Next thing I hear from the doctor is "whoa wow" the head is right there and he barely had his finger there than he checked my cervix and said I am already 3 centimeters dilated.

My husband and I are very nervous to say the least but the doctor was very very happy with the news even though the baby is only 5 pounds and I'm only 35 weeks along. I started crying in the exam room because I wasn't expecting hearing that the baby may becoming alot sooner than later and I haven't felt well at all with intense back pain and my stomach being messed up the past few days.

They said to go to triage if I start to feel worse, I know women try everything to start labor but I want to prevent it for at least a little longer so the baby can gain some weight. The doctor said my body is just getting ready to deliver the baby and that's why i am feeling bad and just be ready that it could happen anytime now.

He said they won't stop labor at this point if I go into active labor and that babies born at 35 weeks and after do very well. I knew I wasn't going to make it to 40 weeks due to being small and high risk with my MTHFR blood blotting disorder but was just so shocked and surprised this morning. We may very well be looking at a September baby instead of October now!

10 Weeks-9/12/12

5 Weeks-12/12/12
September 10th, 2013, 11:18 AM
Wren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can't believe people are starting to go already! My daughter was born at 36 weeks at 5 lbs 16 oz and was perfectly healthy and porked up quickly. I hope he stays in there for at least another week or two, but I'm sure he will be in good shape whatever happens.
September 10th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Julie
Wow, I would have been shocked too. It will be ok though, like your doctor said. It's very important your baby's lungs are mature, and at this stage they are so don't worry. five pounds and change is still within normal range for a baby. Good luck, and get some rest while you can

September 10th, 2013, 11:39 AM
~Momma*2011~'s Avatar I love my little girl!!
I'm glad baby is looking good. Baby does sound low and you can be dilated for weeks before baby is born. So although it could be soon, I'm praying you keep baking your little boy for a few more weeks.

September 10th, 2013, 12:12 PM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Stacey
Just prepare yourself that you very well could still go passed your EDD. While all these things are great signs (I also have them, so I'm talking to myself here, too.), it's quite common to have them for weeks before labor actually begins. On the plus side, you'd be starting labor already 3+cm which is awesome!!
Wren and jamieshalon2 like this.
Oliver (5) VBA2C, 7lbs 3oz, 19.5"
Grayson (10/16/13)2VBA2C, 9lbs 12oz, 22"
born sleeping at 39w pg; Protein C def, FVL, PAI-1 , & MTHFR
Lavender Kate (5/20/14) 2.5oz, 6" Lost at 16w

EDD May 12th with identical twins!!!

September 10th, 2013, 01:20 PM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 Peas In A Pod View Post
Just prepare yourself that you very well could still go passed your EDD. While all these things are great signs (I also have them, so I'm talking to myself here, too.), it's quite common to have them for weeks before labor actually begins. On the plus side, you'd be starting labor already 3+cm which is awesome!!
Yep yep!

Exciting stuff though.
September 10th, 2013, 01:32 PM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
WOW! Good luck! I hope you have a quick and easy labor when it's time. I've had a 2lb 15oz baby, a 5lb 8 oz baby and a 5 lb 10 oz baby. Only my oldest, my little micro preemie, 2lber was in the nicu. Hope that gives you some hope, lady

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
September 10th, 2013, 01:38 PM
east to west coast's Avatar ~Melissa~
Wow! That's amazing; especially considering that it's your first!

In the interest of letting that LO bake a little longer, sit down with your feet up, drink lots of water, and take warm baths.

Thank you, MommaDucks, for my lovely siggy
September 10th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Ditto to Stacey. 3 cm down, only 7 to go! I know a few ladies that gave birth between 35 and 36 weeks. Their babies did great. Itty bitty babies, but they were perfectly healthy. With DD1 I was dilated for a couple weeks with no signs of labor, and the only reason I delivered in the 37th was because of pre-e.

Three on Earth and seven in Heaven.

http://arwenart.com
September 10th, 2013, 01:52 PM
MrsPea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's awesome! Although I had a friend that walked around at 4cm for 6 weeks before delivering. Hope babe stays to bake a little longer for you!

September 10th, 2013, 01:55 PM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Stacey
My last 2 babies were born in the 35th week and both were full sized! 8lbs 12oz and 7lbs 3oz... Perfectly healthy!! On the other hand, I have friends who had babies at 39/40w and baby needed NICU time. You just never know. Better to let them bake as long as possible. This time is very short lived, ladies!!
Oliver (5) VBA2C, 7lbs 3oz, 19.5"
Grayson (10/16/13)2VBA2C, 9lbs 12oz, 22"
born sleeping at 39w pg; Protein C def, FVL, PAI-1 , & MTHFR
Lavender Kate (5/20/14) 2.5oz, 6" Lost at 16w

EDD May 12th with identical twins!!!

September 10th, 2013, 02:03 PM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You might go soon or you might not go til after your EDD. I have seen women told they will go into preterm labor and they end up being late, so you just never know. It is great that you are already 3 though! That is 3 less CMs you have to go in order to meet your lil baby! FX he bakes for a couple more weeks.

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
September 10th, 2013, 02:05 PM
SouthernBelle86's Avatar Rachelle
Thank you Ladies, I would like my boy to bake in there as long as possible but from my symptoms and what several doctors said it seems like they are not expecting me to make it to 40 weeks. They already said they won't let me go past my due date due to my MTHFR blood clotting disorder.

So I guess we shall see, was just a complete and kinda scary surprise this morning. I think all the medical staff was taken aback from the reaction and I am so shocked at how low this baby is already and that I am dilated to 3 already.

It still hasn't sunk in quite yet that we could go into labor on our own early so mu husband said he is coming home tonight and we are packing the bags and they will be sitting by the front door ready to go when needed. I am just hoping and praying that my boy will gain some more weight before he decides to come but I know that the medical staff will take good care of us and they don't seem nearly as concerned as I am.

10 Weeks-9/12/12

5 Weeks-12/12/12
September 10th, 2013, 02:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That is great that your body is getting ready to do it's job! I agree with the other ladies though- you could go early or you could go the full 40. It is not terribly uncommon for women to stay a few cm dilated. If you do go early though, it will all be okay. Try and breathe! 35 weekers really do extremely well for the most part. Everything will be fine In the mean time, plenty of water and rest...and yes, packing the bags just in case is probably a good idea.
& Henry Joseph- born 10/15/13
8 lbs 10 oz and 22" long

September 10th, 2013, 04:16 PM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad to hear you had a good appointment!! Get those bags packed, but keep in mind it still could be some time I'm another one with my first I that was dilated at a 3 at 36 weeks and stayed that way until she was born on her due date. It was very discouraging to say the least to go in every week and the doctor kept saying "you won't make it to the next appointment". But I'm sure baby will be fine, whether tonight or in 5 weeks Exciting for sure though!

September 10th, 2013, 05:03 PM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
you can be dilated for weeks before baby is born.
This.

We had a lady on one of my due boards once that was walking around at 5cms. Dr's told her she would go at 'any second.'
They ended up inducing her 4 weeks later because they were nervous about her having a baby suddenly at home.

So look after yourself & try not to stress too much about baby coming early. They may, but they also may not

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3, DD November 2013
September 10th, 2013, 07:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Try to rest and relax, hopefully baby will bake longer and gain some weight
September 10th, 2013, 08:37 PM
1fabulousfem's Avatar Mommy to Finn + 1!
Omg! Good luck! I hope he stays put for you.

September 10th, 2013, 09:32 PM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
So exciting!!!!

I am about 2 1/2 cm now so we will see how long it takes lol
Karrara 9 1/2 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 07/1/06, Kayda 6 1/2 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 1 10/10/13

September 11th, 2013, 02:46 PM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
Hoping you go soon. with my first I was walking around at 4-5 for weeks, finally after my due date they broke my water to induce.

Even stripped my membranes several times. That little guy just wanted to stay in I guess. LOL

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search