Guess how dilated I am?!

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree14Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 11th, 2013, 03:43 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Zero! Zilch! Nada! But I am spilling protein in my urine so the ob is thinking about getting things started early next week. I feel so weird today. Just dizzy and headachy. Been contracting off and on, getting some sharp pains in my back. Hopefully a nap will help. Tomorrow I am buckling down on sterilizing my floors and walls. My kids need to be able to lick them.

Three on Earth and seven in Heaven. Hoping to get knocked up in 2016. Sometimes.

http://arwenart.com
September 11th, 2013, 03:50 PM
"Shay-see"
LOL if your kids are going to be licking the walls, better leave them germy so they get lots of good practice being immune to things!

Are they talking induction or what? Eek about protein urine.
Spyctre, MrsPea and jackie13h like this.

September 11th, 2013, 04:48 PM
Leah
Boo protein. Yay next week because I know you're beyond ready.

Every time I tell SO about another baby he's like, "I thought y'all were the October DDC, not September. What the hell..."

BTW, the visual of kids just standing there licking walls is amazing.
Spyctre and jennyrae03 like this.

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump
September 11th, 2013, 04:51 PM
Julie
Protein but no high bp? Looks like you may get your wish to avoid waiting until you're past due, even if it's not totally in your control. KUP!

September 11th, 2013, 05:26 PM
slmehaffey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
no good on the protein level, but other things sound good, sounds like you are nesty, and actually getting ready for labor... don't worry much about dilation, that can happen quick or slow, and some women go from 0 to 5 in an hour or less of contracting, although I'd be weary of being induced at a 0...
I'll be praying everything is okey dokey for you!
Spyctre likes this.

September 11th, 2013, 05:47 PM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
That sucks. And it stinks you aren't feeling great.

I'm all about the clean floors and walls! Maybe that will stir things up for ya.
Spyctre likes this.

September 11th, 2013, 06:31 PM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Eek!

Sounds like your preggo days are numbered!
Spyctre and ~Momma*2011~ like this.
September 11th, 2013, 06:46 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I do have the high blood pressure, but it's been that way for weeks. I'm normally 110/60ish, and now I'm regularly 140/80ish. That is sooooo much higher than before, but they keep saying it's not bad. I have always worked to keep low BP because heart disease/high bp runs on my dad's side. I am pitting from my boobies down. I didn't know your stomach could get indents!

Three on Earth and seven in Heaven. Hoping to get knocked up in 2016. Sometimes.

September 11th, 2013, 06:50 PM
"Shay-see"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyctre View Post
I do have the high blood pressure, but it's been that way for weeks. I'm normally 110/60ish, and now I'm regularly 140/80ish. That is sooooo much higher than before, but they keep saying it's not bad. I have always worked to keep low BP because heart disease/high bp runs on my dad's side. I am pitting from my boobies down. I didn't know your stomach could get indents!
Um... eek. I hope they're watching you fairly closely!
Spyctre likes this.

September 11th, 2013, 07:02 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Yeah, close enough to get tired of it and get rid of me sooner. lol
ILoveStorm2011 and MrsPea like this.

September 11th, 2013, 07:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Boo for not being dilated! I'm surprised, after all the contractions you've been having. That would be great if they could get things started next week, right? Sorry you feel lousy.
& Henry Joseph- born 10/15/13
8 lbs 10 oz and 22" long

September 11th, 2013, 07:44 PM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
Awww I'm sorry but at least your nesting. That's always fun! For me at least since I regularly dont clean...
We're due so close to each other, but looks like you'll be beating me in the birthing races
September 11th, 2013, 08:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Aww, hope you feel better soon! Sounds like you're being well taken care of. lol at the licking the floors and walls thing!
September 11th, 2013, 09:11 PM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like you won't be preg for much longer! Perhaps you'll be one of those women that go from 0-10 in no time flat? I wouldn't worry too much about not being dilated, my doctor always said as long as you were soft that you were on the right track. Almost there!

September 11th, 2013, 09:24 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveStorm2011 View Post
Awww I'm sorry but at least your nesting. That's always fun! For me at least since I regularly dont clean...
We're due so close to each other, but looks like you'll be beating me in the birthing races
I just hate it, pregnancy. I hate it so much. There isn't one part of this process that I like. All of you ladies seem to be so excited about meeting the baby. I just don't want to be pregnant. Meeting the baby is second. I don't mean to be so selfish. I try so hard to just think of the baby, but I have the hardest time bonding before birth. I'm not even into the newborn stage. I'm ready for birth to be over and baby to be 3-4 months old!

I love having my house ready for visitors. I used to vacuum and mop daily, things were organized, and I was a drawing/crafting machine. My girls got regular trips to playgrounds and the zoo. We visited family all the time and went to church regularly. I can't do anything while pregnant so everything is so nasty and boring. I have the house ready for the most part, the tidied, organized-ish part, but starting tomorrow things will be getting the spring cleaning treatment. I will be so swollen! But I'm really looking forward to everything smelling Fantastik or Pinesoly or Kaboomy. My mom is hiding out here while my dad is working so she will be helping a bunch.

September 11th, 2013, 10:50 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by anothermother View Post
Sounds like you won't be preg for much longer! Perhaps you'll be one of those women that go from 0-10 in no time flat? I wouldn't worry too much about not being dilated, my doctor always said as long as you were soft that you were on the right track. Almost there!
She did say I was soft! I tried to check my own cervix last week and yesterday. I did notice it was softer than before, like I might O in a few days. lol So hopefully it'll just suddenly pop open.

September 12th, 2013, 06:26 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
boo for no dialation, and protein....but it does sound like things may be coming to a close for you with all the nesting. I get like that too sometimes.

I wish my bp would be as low as 140/80, lol. I have never had a reading that good.

Jamie age 37-Single mommy and loving life
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
September 12th, 2013, 07:03 AM
MrsPea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like you will get your wish of not being pregnant sooner rather then later! Sorry you are feeling so crummy, but glad you will be getting the earlier birth you wanted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QL1516 View Post
Every time I tell SO about another baby he's like, "I thought y'all were the October DDC, not September. What the hell..."
I can only imagine what the poor lady from Aug. DDC still waiting for hers was thinking when she saw that the Oct. DDC has started to go. Hopefully, she had it already I can't imagine they would let her go beyond this week.
Spyctre and QL1516 like this.

September 12th, 2013, 08:13 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Last night I checked for an update from her, and I didn't see anything. I'm hoping it's because she's in the hospital recovering and snuggling her baby.

September 12th, 2013, 03:00 PM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Okay the protein in your urine thing and the high blood pressure sucks but WOOHOO for things starting for you next week!!! I'm sticking by my opinion of you being term, Miss Lily being healthy according to the docs, and them letting the suffering you're going through stop by inducing you. I hope you pop before then on your own Keep us posted.

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search