Amnion transitional - have to wait a few more days.

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 1st, 2013, 11:30 AM
Wren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I went in for the amnio this morning and I really thought I was going to be induced tonight. They just called to say the results were "transitional" and they have to send it off to Boston for some additional analysis. The induction will probably be on Thursday or Friday. I am so miserable now. I know it is better for a lot of reasons to wait longer, but the whole reason they are inducing early is because my cholestasis is so bad.
October 1st, 2013, 12:52 PM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
Oh well boo, I know that sucks to have your hopes up and then not be able to do it.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
October 1st, 2013, 12:56 PM
~Momma*2011~'s Avatar I love my little girl!!
Hoping that everything comes back ok. I know it's a waiting game now but I hope the next few days fly by so that you can be holding your sweet baby!! Hugs!

October 1st, 2013, 01:00 PM
MrsPea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sending you anti-itch vibes now! Hope everything turns out ok and you'll be holding your baby soon!

October 1st, 2013, 01:02 PM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
Aw, yeah.. it's crummy when things don't work out at the right time, but it'll happen soon! Try some meditating and deep breathing - you may forget about the itch for a while.
October 1st, 2013, 01:05 PM
I totally cried when I got off the phone, but I'm fine now. It is easy to deal with suffering when the end is in sight, and also just psyching myself up for labor and having it not happen. I can do 2 days.
October 1st, 2013, 01:10 PM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry, I can imagine how miserable you must be. I am sending anti-itch vibes your way and hope this week goes by fast!

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

October 1st, 2013, 01:11 PM
Druslady96's Avatar Veteran
Ugh, that is so frustrating. What were they doing with an amnio? I ask because I had some blood tests for possible Cholastasis... although my liver panel results were funky they told me that it was normal for pregnant woman. My bile tests, one came back just slightly high but that they look at the total and it was fine. I've been sooo darn itchy it sometimes drives me mad... Most was just everywhere but over the weekend and yesterday it was my feet and palms too. Have a call in to the Dr. to see if I should re-do the tests or not... the itching seems to be worse in the evening for me. I've gotten some Sarna lotion and it's helped some... did they give you anything to take for the itching? Praying for you.

October 1st, 2013, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Druslady96 View Post
Ugh, that is so frustrating. What were they doing with an amnio? I ask because I had some blood tests for possible Cholastasis... although my liver panel results were funky they told me that it was normal for pregnant woman. My bile tests, one came back just slightly high but that they look at the total and it was fine. I've been sooo darn itchy it sometimes drives me mad... Most was just everywhere but over the weekend and yesterday it was my feet and palms too. Have a call in to the Dr. to see if I should re-do the tests or not... the itching seems to be worse in the evening for me. I've gotten some Sarna lotion and it's helped some... did they give you anything to take for the itching? Praying for you.
That sounds like cholestasis to me. Which bile acid was high, if you remember? I knew when mine started kicking in around 24 weeks since I had it last time, but it took a while for it to show up clearly in the test results. It can really spike after 37 weeks though. My total bile acids are high now (about 35 as of a few weeks ago) but they started out the total being the high side of normal but the cholic acid being high, which can be a diagnostic sign even if the total is normal. The protocol is to induce at 37 weeks, but they still like to do an amnio to demonstrate lung maturity before they will induce, since it is a trade-off between small risk of stillbirth from cholestasis and higher risk of breathing problems from inducing too early.

How many weeks are you? The bile acid tests take about 10 days to come back here, so it is probably too late to repeat, but maybe they could repeat the liver function tests to see if those are going up.

Nothing topical really helps with me, but soaking my hands in feet in buckets of really cold water. I am on ursodiol, which helps protect the fetus and sometimes helps reduce itching but for me doesn't seem to. I also take Unisom at night which is a combo sleep aid/antihistamine, but I am still up about 4 times a night to soak my feet.

Feel free to PM me
October 1st, 2013, 05:24 PM
Laurenj915's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry. I have had chronic hives for years so I know that being itchy can make you miserable. I hope you can just get through that next few days and this wil be a distant memory.

October 1st, 2013, 05:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I know nothing about your condition but I'm sorry you are dealing with it and that you have to wait a couple more days I know you are so ready to have your LO and be more comfortable!
& Henry Joseph- born 10/15/13
8 lbs 10 oz and 22" long

October 2nd, 2013, 04:39 AM
Julie
I can't imagine how uncomfortable you are, so I'm glad there are only two days left for you.

October 2nd, 2013, 05:03 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

Two more days!!
October 2nd, 2013, 10:07 AM
Druslady96's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wren View Post
That sounds like cholestasis to me. Which bile acid was high, if you remember?
That's what I was thinking too... but I got a return call from the Dr. that said I did not need to repeat the tests... It took about 5-6 days for my Bile results last time:

Component Standard Range Your Value Flag
Cholic Acid 3.1 OR LESS umol/L 3.4 H
Deoxycholic Acid 7.3 OR LESS umol/L 1.5
ChenodeoxycholicAcid 9.9 OR LESS umol/L 2.7
BILE ACIDS, TOTAL 4.5 - 19.2 umol/L 7.6

So as you can see the others were relatively low... maybe that's why she is not concerned? I'm 38 weeks, 2 days today and scheduled to check in to be induced in 10 days (39 wks, 5 days) ... so I guess there would be use to repeat when we'd barely get the results back.

My liver panel has always had some flags but I've always been told that the overall picture is fine? I don't get how they read them :

Component Standard Range Your Value Flag
Total Protein 6.4 - 8.2 g/dL 6.2 L
Albumin 3.2 - 4.7 g/dL 2.7 L
Bilirubin Total <1.1 mg/dL 0.3
Bilirubin Direct 0.0 - 0.30 mg/dL <0.1
Alkaline Phosphatase 26 - 137 U/L 169 H
AST 0 - 37 U/L 20
ALT 0 - 60 U/L 18

She said it was the AST and ALT that they were looking at more and those are within normal...

Praying that all goes well for the both of us! I have an appt with her tomorrow so will bring it up and see what she says... my last appt with her (she is on vacation next week) I love my Dr... but that timing stinks for me. She had said I can wait until after she is back but I said it's ok... whoever is on call can deliver for me. I just don't want the spontaneous labor... too far from the hospital (with traffic) for that for my comfort.

Thanks for your info.

October 2nd, 2013, 10:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Aww, you're so close! You can do it, you're almost there!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search