Thought I dodged it!

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 3rd, 2013, 05:13 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
One of us mentioned profuse PP sweating. I have gotten chills during my last PP's, and I thought I dodged the worst of it this time. NOPE! DH was sleeping by me with half a sheet and sweating while I am in a double layered velvet blanket freezing my butt off. I was literally getting the shakes I was so cold!

Didn't help that I was up worried about Lily half the night. She's been slightly wheezy for a couple days now, and for the exact same reason DD2 was right after birth. I let a friend come over to visit, a friend that SMOKED, and even though she only smoked outside one time, the third hand smoke on her clothes has my child all funky sounding now. That is 2 out of 3 kids that looks to have inherited a mild case of asthma. We have a humidifier going, and that helped DD2 last time to clear up. Helped me a bit last night. I have been a little short of breath since she was over as well. Lily's doctor wants to see her soon because of it. Ticks me off. Couldn't she just not smoke? Or maybe use that electronic cigarette she has?? How do people think that 2nd or 3rd hand smoke don't affect others? I don't hate smokers, but I hate smokers!

3 on Earth and 7 in Heaven Hoping to get knocked up in 2016...sometimes.
http://arwenart.com
October 3rd, 2013, 05:19 AM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh no!

A)being cold is seriously the worst feeling ever! I hate it! Hope you get past that soon!

B)poor baby Lily! My mom is a smoker and "claims" that she is going to quit as soon as little dude comes...well guess what, mom? If you don't quit, you're not holding my child unless you are in freshly laundered clothing and haven't touched a single cigarette since putting those clothes on. I'm not a fan of people holding babies or small children after having smoked, regardless of whether or not the child has breathing issues. Yucky!
October 3rd, 2013, 05:56 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ugh sucky!! I've had the SWEATS big time!! First few days I was always asking everyone if it was hot here or just me! It was literally soaking me everyday!!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

October 3rd, 2013, 06:08 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
awe, I am sorry to hear about that. I guess I am lucky that none of my kids have asthma. My dh is a pretty avid smoker, although he smokes outside.

Jamie age 37-Single mommy and loving life
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
October 3rd, 2013, 07:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry about the sweats and the asthma- poor baby! I hate the smell of smoke as well.
& Henry Joseph- born 10/15/13
8 lbs 10 oz and 22" long

October 3rd, 2013, 08:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Poor babies! I didn't think about the third hand smoke! I have one close friend who is a smoker, will have to be careful around her...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search