In labor or not.....

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 4th, 2013, 07:35 AM
allysmomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Been up since about 3:30am and had consistent contractions that started at:
0327, 0334, 0340 when I got up to use the restroom, 0345 pain w/no tightening, 0357, 0415 pain w/no tightening, 0425 pain w/no tightening, 0430, 0448, 0457, 0508, 0526, 0537 and then all throughout the rest of the morning off and on, but haven't had a chance to time them since I'm at work.

I did eat breakfast about 1.5 hrs ago and have been feeling nauseous for about the past half hour and tummy just kinda hurts, but it doesn't feel like upset tummy, feels more like just pain. During my contractions this morning, baby was moving like crazy in between and that has slowed considerably.

Idk what to think.

October 4th, 2013, 07:44 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
??!

Wishing you good luck! I have no idea but that sounds a little labory to me.
October 4th, 2013, 07:59 AM
~Momma*2011~'s Avatar I love my little girl!!
If some of them hurt and some of them don't I would just watch them closely. It does sound like the start of labor. Try and time them throughout the day and see what happens.
allysmomma likes this.

October 4th, 2013, 08:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hmm, I'm not sure. Even though you're at work try to feel what is happening. I'm sure if it's labour it will make itself known sooner or later though, whether you're focusing on it or not.
allysmomma likes this.
October 4th, 2013, 08:15 AM
Wanta.number2's Avatar Hi, I'm Tiffani!
That does sound like the start of labor...but stay in there til Thursday!! Can you just hold it in? lol
allysmomma likes this.
October 4th, 2013, 08:18 AM
1fabulousfem's Avatar Mommy to Finn + 1!
Hmmmm, sounds like the start of labor to me. Start timing those contractions and if they get more painful and consistent I would consider calling it a day at the office!
Sounds like it's baby time!
allysmomma likes this.

October 4th, 2013, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanta.number2 View Post
That does sound like the start of labor...but stay in there til Thursday!! Can you just hold it in? lol
Man I sure hope so....I've got to wait this out lol!!! I'm finally at a place where I can sit and not be too distracted to time these contractions, so I'll be keeping everyone posted. Hubby is working, but he is on high alert and been checking on me. His fellow trooper's wife went to the dr this morning and they are breaking her water, so he took off and they will be having their 3rd today!!

I hope I'm not tho!! I mean it is kinda cool to think that 2 troopers in the same zone, have wives going into labor on the same day, but I need this baby to hold on!!!

mamarazzi40 likes this.

October 4th, 2013, 10:03 AM
MrsPea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Certainly sounds like the start of things. Good luck!
allysmomma likes this.

October 4th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Rosiegirl7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Woohoo any updates? How are the contractions now?
October 4th, 2013, 12:45 PM
Only a handful of contractions this afternoon, so baby must be playing games, however, I still don't feel the best.

October 4th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like the start of something to me but I guess you just never know. Maybe they will pick up tonight, KUP!
allysmomma likes this.
& Henry Joseph- born 10/15/13
8 lbs 10 oz and 22" long

October 4th, 2013, 03:12 PM
have had about a contraction an hour since noonish, but I've had one at 4:35, 4:54, and just now at 5:08 that was kinda painful, but not back pain...and why is baby been chill most of the day, but after a contraction, moving around like crazy?????

October 4th, 2013, 03:29 PM
slmehaffey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
babies do what they want to do..lol.. some chill out during labor, some get bonkers cause they don't like the squeezing...

good luck!
allysmomma likes this.

October 5th, 2013, 07:47 AM
Ok, so most of last night was uneventful, I still had contractions off and on, nothing really consistent, but I usually get up to pee about 1-2 times a night. Last night I got up about 4-5 times, then this morning (TMI warning) when I wiped there was a spot of blood. I called L&D, they wanted me to come in to check me out, but I said, I will get ahold of my Dr. first. So talked to Dr. and she said that since my contractions weren't consistent and I only spotted the one time, she said, I would just need to keep an eye on things and if i started spotting more or my contractions got stronger and more painful, I would need to go in for monitoring. I will tell you that I felt like I was leaking when I was sitting in the shower this morning, but I have a pad on and there's nothing coming out, but I've pee'd twice at work and that's a rarity for me this early in the day.

October 5th, 2013, 08:19 AM
Laurenj915's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by allysmomma View Post
Ok, so most of last night was uneventful, I still had contractions off and on, nothing really consistent, but I usually get up to pee about 1-2 times a night. Last night I got up about 4-5 times, then this morning (TMI warning) when I wiped there was a spot of blood. I called L&D, they wanted me to come in to check me out, but I said, I will get ahold of my Dr. first. So talked to Dr. and she said that since my contractions weren't consistent and I only spotted the one time, she said, I would just need to keep an eye on things and if i started spotting more or my contractions got stronger and more painful, I would need to go in for monitoring. I will tell you that I felt like I was leaking when I was sitting in the shower this morning, but I have a pad on and there's nothing coming out, but I've pee'd twice at work and that's a rarity for me this early in the day.
All that and you still went to work???? Crazy woman!

I hope you start getting consistant contractions soon.

October 5th, 2013, 08:37 AM
Wanta.number2's Avatar Hi, I'm Tiffani!
Geez, this baby is such a tease, lol.

Just sayin, but you know what? We got our BFPs on the same day, and if baby actually waits til Thursday we will be having babies on the same day! lol
October 5th, 2013, 08:41 AM
I'm riding this one out as long as I can. I won't take any risks, but the guys at work are taking pretty good care of me and know that if I need to go, I'm out!! lol I'm not really worried at this point, I'll keep ya'll posted tho!

October 5th, 2013, 09:01 AM
I hope this baby holds out til Thursday Tiffani!!!! I really am not prepared for labor right now....I'm having mixed feelings, but I'll be lucky if I make it that long!!!

October 5th, 2013, 11:00 AM
slmehaffey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
good luck! I hope it will wait till the 10th, only 5 more days...lol.. though that doesn't look real likely at this point.
allysmomma likes this.

October 5th, 2013, 11:38 AM
I'm afraid your right^^^^

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search