Sulcus or sidewall tear?

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By fancypants27

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 5th, 2013, 02:38 AM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
So I managed to get both of these during labor (Score! ).
Dr. Google has just managed to tell me that these are both not super common and my doctors/midwives/nurses told me jack poo about them, just use the peri bottle (or whatever its called) and a sitz bath. They didnt even say what would happen to my stitches so I'm assuming they dissolve.
Did anyone have either of these or both? Did it allll heal okay? I am not about to take a mirror and look because I'm worried it's all going to look like Frankenstein's monster up in there.

Just so other FTMs aren't scared - it hurts like hell to pee, but with some ibuprofin and the magic water bottle it really isn't that bad
October 5th, 2013, 04:47 AM
1fabulousfem's Avatar Mommy to Finn + 1!
Poor you! I had a c-section with Finn so I'm of no help but I hope the pain eases up soon.
I wouldn't take a peek just yet. You have been through enough the past few days. Just make sure to stay very clean and dry as much as possible when you aren't cleaning yourself obviously.
Just curious, do you have a diaper sprayer?

October 5th, 2013, 05:18 AM
slmehaffey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
it all heals up nice from my experience, but yes that peri bottle is a wonderful thing! Also the stitches should dissolve as well.

October 5th, 2013, 05:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have no idea what kind of tear I had but it was painful for sure. The peri bottle is amazing. And yeah the stitches will dissolve. I wouldn't take a look yet either, it's not going to be pretty at the moment but it WILL heal and go back to normal pretty soon.
& Henry Joseph- born 10/15/13
8 lbs 10 oz and 22" long

October 5th, 2013, 09:01 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I think I might have had that last time. If by sidewall, you mean the left or right side of the vagina. Not numb and did not get numb for the stitches so I felt where the tears were. I had one on the left inside, one going to my thigh on the right, and one in and around my urethra. I had the bottle. I hate the hassle of that thing.

They gave me no special instructions for mine save, "Put this iodine on it!" I took a bath an hour after birth so it was all submerged. The stitches dissolved. My tear was pretty long, and there ended up being scar tissue inside. I asked my newest OB to check it out because I thought it was some kind of cancer at first. DH never mentioned he noticed anything different, though.
October 5th, 2013, 09:13 AM
allysmomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had a 3rd degree tear with DD, I used the peri bottle, still use it for that time of the month, cuz it works wonderful to clean, but it does hurt initially and it did finally heal up, but seemed like it took forever and now it looks like a tree branch!!! lol

My dr gave me, what is called, fish sticks, which are big pads, cut in half long ways then in half again, so they were strips and soaked in water and froze....did amazing wonders for the pain.

October 5th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Super Mommy
I don't know what sort of tear I had, but the bottle really helped as well as the sitz bath and the Tucks pads helped too.
October 5th, 2013, 05:05 PM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
I was lucky and didn't read this time. My doc I think helped my stretching me while waiting for contractions and Hunter was small.

I did tear with some of my others. I never had burning or anything while peeing. I felt swollen there though. The peri bottle was awesome and I used demaplast spray.

October 5th, 2013, 05:11 PM
fancypants27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had a sulcus tear with 1st and 2nd baby. The dr that delivered my 2nd actually mentioned that it was so rare. Hemmroid ointment on the outside, sitz bath (as hot as you can handle), ice packs and spray bottle help with the healing.

October 5th, 2013, 08:08 PM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
really? my doc ,kept just saying oh they arent big, just the positioning is why you need so many stitches...she seemed so nonchalant, but they seemed so serious about my swelling i got seriously confused.
October 6th, 2013, 09:30 AM
fancypants27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im not sure ghow serious they are... with my 1st I tore real bad on theinside and outside 3+ tear. With the 2nd I had the sulcus tear but was told it was a 2nd degree tear. The tear was bleeding enough that after the stitches the dr put gauze inside me (then left the hospital and forgot to remove it lol)... with lexi I tore but not much... my aftercare by nurses after all 3 deliveries were the same, so I dont think its a serious issue.
ILoveStorm2011 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search