TMI question

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By SierraWinter
  • 1 Post By ILoveStorm2011
  • 1 Post By jennyrae03
  • 1 Post By MrsHoot
  • 2 Post By Rosiegirl7

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 5th, 2013, 11:58 PM
Rosiegirl7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well tonight we DTD and I noticed I'm spotting a little bit. I don't want to get my hopes up too much but do you think it's the "show" or just irritated cervix? I'm not contracting or anything yet. Seriously any symptom at this point gets my hopes up "My eye is twitching!! I think it's an early labor sign!" LOL geeze I'm driving myself crazy. This little guy really knows how to keep people in suspense!
October 6th, 2013, 12:07 AM
SierraWinter's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It could be either at this point. I know the cervix becomes super sensative with all the extra blood flow down there right before you deliver, I spotted a tad after getting checked by my doc right before. But I say keep DTD, you're so close it has gotta help!
Rosiegirl7 likes this.
October 6th, 2013, 12:07 AM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
When i spotted i also saw the bloody mucus (ew.) when i wiped so i would be checking
hope it started something for you!!! i started contracting asap when i lost mine (i had been loosing mucus for weeks though)
Rosiegirl7 likes this.
October 6th, 2013, 12:09 AM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hmm...I have heard that in late pregnancy (or in your case, the latest pregnancy!!) sex can cause your cervix to be irritated and can cause spotting, just like when you have your cervix checked at the doctor's office. So that being said, I would try not to get your hopes up too much. However, I hope for your sake that it's a sign of something else, and not just irritation!
Rosiegirl7 likes this.
October 6th, 2013, 02:12 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
I hate to be a downer but I would say its most likely from sex and irritating your cervix.

BUT sex can be a good way to stir things up too.

October 6th, 2013, 06:16 AM
MrsHoot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Agree with the others about it probably just being irritation of the cervix. But yes, keep DTD! Can only help matters! TMI but apparently the sperm can help soften things up so make sure that sperm gets in there, lol.
slmehaffey likes this.

October 6th, 2013, 06:37 AM
Wanta.number2's Avatar Hi, I'm Tiffani!
Yes, keep DTD! The other ladies are probably right, its just cervical irritation, but sex can really get things moving!
October 6th, 2013, 07:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I hope it's the start of something but if its not...sex is a great way to get things started! It HAS to be soon now, girl.
& Henry Joseph- born 10/15/13
8 lbs 10 oz and 22" long

October 6th, 2013, 07:25 AM
slmehaffey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
sperm naturally has the componants that induction drugs that are put on the cervix contain, so yes keep DTD, it will help... even if that spotting isn't the beginning of labor it could be the start of some other changes that ready you for labor.

October 6th, 2013, 07:29 AM
allysmomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'd agree with the majority unfortunately, but of course Keep getn it on!!! You'll be in labor before you know it!!!

October 6th, 2013, 07:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I would say irritated cervix too. I'm 40 weeks today and have bled a couple of times after DTD, so far no baby...sending you my labour vibes though and hoping it'll happen for you soon
October 6th, 2013, 08:02 AM
Rosiegirl7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ok thanks girls!! I'll keep DTD and pray for some contractions! I've never been so anxious to be in pain in my life! Lol
soul_donut and QL1516 like this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search