Weekend cha cha cha

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree19Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 12th, 2013, 05:50 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Morning girls!

I know there are a few of us still waiting to meet our babies! Check in!

How are the mamas and babies doing?
October 12th, 2013, 06:00 AM
1fabulousfem's Avatar Mommy to Finn + 1!
Sitting at home with contractions but apparently I need to go into full blown labor before they will touch me or I wait until 10/18 for my scheduled date.
So darn pissed!

October 12th, 2013, 06:15 AM
Leah
Waking up too **** early for a Saturday. My dog is acting weird and has been a little anxious for a bit and, now that I'm awake, has finally settled in by my feet. SO is loading up for the start of a big job that is fortunately close by. I feel like a headache is coming on, but I also might be hungry. I don't even know what I am any more - other than ready to meet this kid. I've started taking the EPO, though quite a bit late.
jennyrae03 likes this.

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump
October 12th, 2013, 06:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, it's my due date. I can't believe it is October 12th and I am still very much pregnant! Never thought this would happen. I am 99% sure this baby is going to be late so I am going to try and distract myself today, so glad it is the weekend.

We are going grocery shopping this morning and then going to a pumpkin patch with DS with hayrides, etc. Then maybe a nice long walk? Then drinking a bottle of castor oil. Haha, jk on the last one. But this baby needs OUT!
& Henry Joseph- born 10/15/13
8 lbs 10 oz and 22" long

October 12th, 2013, 06:59 AM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
Ahh...we're doing good today actually!!! Phe and I slept alllll day yesterday and most of the night! Now I'm going to try to keep her as active as I can for a newborn and see if we can start on a somewhat schedule...
also going to try to actually get stuff done today
October 12th, 2013, 07:06 AM
slmehaffey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've got soccer this morning with my son, and then a long lazy day for the kids and a sewing marathon for myself. My plan is to finish the projects I have so I can start packing up this room asap...
My mom is coming on Monday, I'll be so glad to have the extra adult in the house!

I dreamed about the baby last night... this should tell you how I feel about life right now... I dreamed that the baby was born and I wanted to hold it, but sitting up in my bed with her arms wrapped around my baby was the midwives assistant (the new one I hadn't met yet) and I was the on looker... I had to cut through the room to take my DD to the bathroom (still stinking potty training) and I wanted so badly to just hold my baby but my responsibilities were keeping me from being able to. I just wanted to stop and rest and do some cuddly skin to skin time and every time I thought about it something else would grab me and I'd have to do that... and it was all stuff that I actually have to do in real life.
Dream totally sucked.

October 12th, 2013, 07:22 AM
Can't believe I'm still pregnant either!

Just worked on some homework with DS.
We are going to a Greek Food Festival and then the Pumpkin Patch.
All of that walking sounds like it will be painful, but maybe it will trigger this giant baby to make his exit.
I had fresh pineapple last night and again this morning with my breakfast. Ho hum.
October 12th, 2013, 07:52 AM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Still pregs.... I woke up in the middle of the night with some leaking, just cm. ugh. Same thing this morning. I had a ton of contractions last night too so I was really hoping it would be it.

Aside from waking up to use the bathroom I got awesome sleep though. And it's almost 9 and I'm still in bed next to Dh, so that's a plus. Just gonna try to enjoy these last 2 days I guess...

October 12th, 2013, 08:49 AM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Leah, I bet your dog is acting weird because you're about to go into labor! They can sense those things you know! I bet you're next

I'm just hanging out by myself (well with my dog as well, who is all about tummy-rubs this morning - don't you know I can't bend over that far anymore?!). Just poured a cup of coffee, and started the dishwasher.

DH is out finishing up the last bean field - woo hoo, that means I have permission to give birth now! But only for a week or so, because then he'll have to start applying anhydrous, and then I'm on a schedule again. *smh*
QL1516 and MrsPea like this.
October 12th, 2013, 08:57 AM
Laurenj915's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Still pregnant here too.

I did not sleep for one second last night. Today DH is teaching CPR classes (a side job) so we are on our own again. Just went to Costco and got wild salmon and a huge bag of almonds. I think I will do my regular grocery shopping after Sawyer wakes up. I also ate pineapple last night. No contractions but I guess it did not agree with me because I have been in the bathroom all morning.

October 12th, 2013, 09:36 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
Captains Log:

40+1

I was totally cool on Thursday, a little excited on Friday's EDD, and then woke up today in a huff. Totally didn't help that I woke up today (and yesterday) with a charlie horse - and I can't exactly spring out of bed to walk it off. Grr

Just had a nice breakfast though - went to a new breakfast spot nearby, a short walk, and had some pumpkin pancakes and bacon. DH's meal was so good, too! He had me eat some potatoes with hot sauce on them. DH wants to meet up with two groups of friends today - I am in a pissy mood though and while I want to distract myself from my ticking time bomb situation I don't also feel like talking to people. I don't want to acknowledge the baby is late, I don't want to be with people that will absolutely freak out if I start going into labor. I love my friends but I have been getting countdown texts (Ben has to get here in four hours! etc) and stuff and I finally had to say Enough - I can't take it any more! They also want to insulate and protect me when we go places which is a nice thought but I hated them bringing the pregnancy up to any person we pass, like, move out of the way there is a pregnant person. Ugh. Try to explain not wanting that nicely. I want to be alone or just with DH when labor starts b/c I don't want anyone really in the know with my labor timeline because I don't want to have to field any texts or inquiries or well meaning but intrusive questions.

I had a complete stranger ask me if I was dilated yesterday. Yes I am pregnant and now public property I guess.
October 12th, 2013, 09:54 AM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_donut View Post
I had a complete stranger ask me if I was dilated yesterday. Yes I am pregnant and now public property I guess.
Umm..say what? Not cool.

I love how you started your post, by the way. It made me giggle! But anyway, what I was going to say is...since DH would probably take crabbiness better than your friends might, I would turn to DH and say "F no we are not going out with friends today. Do you see this giant belly? Not interested dude." And then I would promptly return to my recliner and prop my feet up and expect him to feed me grapes/bon-bons/hot wings/pineapple for the rest of the day. Shame on him for wanting you to socialize! He obviously doesn't understand how dire this situation is.
October 12th, 2013, 10:03 AM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
I want to add that trying to get her on a schedule has totally backfired...now shes well rested but im exhausted. i seriously think she can stay up longer than i can right now. just one nappppp
October 12th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Laurenj915's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyrae03 View Post
And then I would promptly return to my recliner and prop my feet up and expect him to feed me grapes/bon-bons/hot wings/pineapple for the rest of the day.
Hehe, i like this. We should all get this treatment. I just want DH to massage my feet as I sip ice cold Sprite through a straw and eat saltines (I'm totally sick to my stomach).

Quote:
Captains Log:

40+1

I was totally cool on Thursday, a little excited on Friday's EDD, and then woke up today in a huff. Totally didn't help that I woke up today (and yesterday) with a charlie horse - and I can't exactly spring out of bed to walk it off. Grr

Just had a nice breakfast though - went to a new breakfast spot nearby, a short walk, and had some pumpkin pancakes and bacon. DH's meal was so good, too! He had me eat some potatoes with hot sauce on them. DH wants to meet up with two groups of friends today - I am in a pissy mood though and while I want to distract myself from my ticking time bomb situation I don't also feel like talking to people. I don't want to acknowledge the baby is late, I don't want to be with people that will absolutely freak out if I start going into labor. I love my friends but I have been getting countdown texts (Ben has to get here in four hours! etc) and stuff and I finally had to say Enough - I can't take it any more! They also want to insulate and protect me when we go places which is a nice thought but I hated them bringing the pregnancy up to any person we pass, like, move out of the way there is a pregnant person. Ugh. Try to explain not wanting that nicely. I want to be alone or just with DH when labor starts b/c I don't want anyone really in the know with my labor timeline because I don't want to have to field any texts or inquiries or well meaning but intrusive questions.

You are a bigger person than me. I am done with people. I also have turned my phone off.

October 12th, 2013, 11:21 AM
Leah
Quote:
Leah, I bet your dog is acting weird because you're about to go into labor! They can sense those things you know! I bet you're next
I wish, but this little mutt is so weird anyway it's hard to tell. She was an extra strange girl the other day too and I got hopeful. I think that was even the day I was having regular contractions... And then everything stopped. My uterus is such a tease.

Quote:
But only for a week or so, because then he'll have to start applying anhydrous, and then I'm on a schedule again. *smh*
This sounds like my SO. He starts reading me his schedule and is like it's cool if you go on this date. Ummmm, no it'll be cool if I go on any date my sweet little butter cup. Men. He's certain I'll go on the 24th because he had a dream. Now I'm determined to not go on the 24th. I get the joy of pregnancy and childbirth - you don't get to dictate when I go into labor homeboy. I don't think I'm very rational any more.

Quote:
I had a complete stranger ask me if I was dilated yesterday.
Usually I'm totally polite, but right now I'd have been tempted to respond with something smart@as and/or rude. Exception being for little old ladies.
slmehaffey and jennyrae03 like this.

October 12th, 2013, 11:57 AM
There were no less than 5 newborns at the pumpkin patch.
I got some cute pictures of the kids, but was super cranky looking at the newborns in their pumpkin outfits. Wah!!!

DH has the kids outside washing the cars. I'm going to eat more pineapple and drink some tea I guess.
October 12th, 2013, 12:08 PM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon View Post
There were no less than 5 newborns at the pumpkin patch.
I got some cute pictures of the kids, but was super cranky looking at the newborns in their pumpkin outfits. Wah!!!

DH has the kids outside washing the cars. I'm going to eat more pineapple and drink some tea I guess.
This is exactly what I'm doing. I saw a pumpkin sale earlier with babies and just ignored it and now I'm at home, having finished some pineapple, about to go make some tea. I still don't feel like socializing with people! Yarrrrgg
October 12th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Quote:
This is exactly what I'm doing. I saw a pumpkin sale earlier with babies and just ignored it and now I'm at home, having finished some pineapple, about to go make some tea. I still don't feel like socializing with people! Yarrrrgg
I'm going to drink quite a few cups this afternoon I think. lol.

I'm pretty over talking to other people also.
I've been doing car pickup at DS' school all week so I don't have to chat with the other moms.
I'd be totally fine staying home until I go into labor. rawr.

Hopefully another baby boom is about to go down around here.
soul_donut likes this.
October 12th, 2013, 12:50 PM
slmehaffey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I finished minnie mouse! (I was sewing a costume for my daughter) technically the sewing is done, but because no material store on the planet has red material with white polka dots I have to paint the dots on, and I've got the front done and the back still has to be done once the front dries.

I have no clue why I'm making costumes for my kids, I'm due the 26th, if I'm still pregnant I'm not going to be in the mood to go take the kids out, and if I'm not I don't think I'll want to take them our with a new baby... what ever.. not going to ruin it for the kids.

Being pregnant at this point isn't bothering me (not this second anyway) but I seriously need to get some stuff in order, I had this grand plan and executed it perfectly last week, my house was AWESOMELY clean... this week... umm what? I tore apart two bedrooms for painting and didn't think about the fact that I can't move the furniture back to where it belongs cause I'm pregnant. My DH forbid me to paint the small remaining portion of my daughters room because I've spent too much time in paint fumes by now... (his words) so I have to wait until my mom gets here on monday and ask her if she would be willing, and though I'm sure she will be, if she isn't I'll have to wait until Friday when DH gets home and he'll do it. So in the mean time I have her furniture (and my sons) in the center of their bedrooms, and the things that were hanging on the walls (including the blinds for the windows) sitting on the floor in the hallway and sewing room... a room I'm supposed to be packing as soon as minnie mouse's spots have dried.
I feel like I'm so far behind... I have people coming on monday, leaving on friday, my hubby coming on friday and more people coming on saturday, and instead of preparing the space that they all will be staying I have to pack my stinking messy house..
Ok.. so maybe I'm not in such a great mood. I can't wait till my mom gets here... I'll be eating something other than hotdogs and having a real live grown up in the house to talk to!

October 12th, 2013, 03:01 PM
Leah
ARRRGH! My poor SO. He starts an important job today and his first on site accident in twenty years of business. Going up on a lift, the lift nudges a bit of pipe. Little dribbles. Everything is calm, goes to turn off the valve and it fails, shoots off the pipe, hits him in the back and water everywhere. It takes 20 minutes to track down the regular maintenance man (who was out having a puff puff pass break) to get access to turn the water off elsewhere. Everybody on the job was super cool, the company he works for is OK thus far, everyone has insurance just for reasons like this, but the poor guy is freaking. He's so stressed never having had this happen before, and worried he'd been seen as a liability now.

He's so stressed that he didn't even like that I pointed out that he broke water before I did.

Anyway, if Murphy's Law is in play I imagine I'll go into labor as soon as he's back on site. He's out taking his kids for ice cream now, so I'm thinking I'll treat him to a meal afterwards. Maybe somewhere on the beach. Hopefully a few cocktails will help him relax. And as much as I'm never in the mood anymore, maybe he'll get lucky tonight too.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search