Birth marks/stork bites

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By slmehaffey

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 12th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Rosiegirl7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lolo has a few red marks on his face, mostly forehead and nose. Sometimes they are really faint and other times they are dark/almost purple. The pediatrician said they could be just bruising from birth or birth marks (permanent) and it's hard to tell. They could be stork bites too.

I know it's pretty common to have but does any BTDT moms have a baby with this and how long until it resolved itself? Or didn't?
October 12th, 2013, 03:32 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
DD1 had the strawberry mark on her forehead that went away, but the angel kisses on the back of her neck are still there. DD2 has a birthmark on her thigh that looks like a light brown bruise. I thought it was a bruise for the longest and finally realized it wasn't going away. lol None on DD3.

Three on Earth and seven in Heaven.

http://arwenart.com
October 12th, 2013, 03:33 PM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
My 6 year old has a red tornado on the back of his neck right at the hairline. It is barely noticable now. It went from dark red when angry to light red when he was chillin.

Jamie age 37-Married to Widget age 33 for 14 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
October 12th, 2013, 03:51 PM
mama2ladybugs's Avatar Super Mommy
athena has a strawberry mark on her head which is slowly going away. both of my girls have the "chicken" on their foreheads between the eyes like me and my mom do...lol that's what we call it because they look like chicken shapes. haha. they mostly show up if we are upset, but any other time they fade for the most part.

vivian has a mark on her neck. we thought it was from the car seat straps rubbing against it, but it hasn't faded or anything and it's been a couple weeks since we noticed it. i really hope that one goes away because i'm so afraid she will be picked on when she goes to school if she still has it.

Thank you Babydoll213 for my beautiful siggy

WTTC #3 Fall 2017
October 12th, 2013, 04:53 PM
Laurenj915's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sawyer had a raised strawberry mark on the top of his ear. It went away after about 4-6 months.

October 12th, 2013, 05:20 PM
fancypants27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Zoey has a coffee stain birthmark on her thigh. When I first noticed it, I thought it was poop. Noah has the same thing on his buttcheek (size of a dime and very light). I havent noticed any birthmarks on lexi.

October 12th, 2013, 05:31 PM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
Phe has Mongolian birth marks on her back/butt.
I actually have a large birthmark on my inside knee. Its huge but I've gotten over it as I grew up
October 12th, 2013, 06:51 PM
JeCaLe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lily has really bad bruising from birth. The most noticeable being right between her eyebrows. Both the hospital ped and her ped said it would go away with time. Her ped counted over 5 different bruises from coming down the birth canal so fast.

Edited to add: DS1 had one on his eyelid pretty bad, it went away pretty quickly.

October 12th, 2013, 07:38 PM
slmehaffey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My daughter had them on her face, and she is nearly three now and if she is really upset you can see a faint outline of them, but mostly they have been gone since she was about 7-8 months old... I mean they are there, but no one has commented on them since then, and I can hardly see them myself.

She has about 20+ of the light brown birth marks all over her thighs, and those will likely never go away... but on in particular I just love, it is right over a very ticklish part of her belly and is about the size of my finger tip... we call it her 'tickle button' and if I just barely touch it she goes nuts laughing.. I love it.
Rosiegirl7 likes this.

October 12th, 2013, 07:51 PM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Dd1 didn't have any marks. Dd2 had the lightest stork bite between her eyes and still has the smallest little strawberry mark on her nose. She also has the weirdest mark about 2 inches up from her forehead. It feels/looks like a burn of sorts and no hair grows from it. She had that coming out too and it's still very much there.

October 14th, 2013, 09:31 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
Never had personal experience with them other than it seems when they are so new their skin can be so blotchy at first.

Hunter had a straight up bruise on his arm, about the size of my thumb print, but it was a very noticeable purple bruise. They are guessing it was from turning him.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search