Thursday chat!

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree44Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 17th, 2013, 04:29 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
Since Angela's hands are full with her baby boy, I thought I'd start the thread the donut way.

How you doin today?

I woke up a couple times in the night with cramps... like when you see a thunderstorm rolling in kind of cramps. Not major, but enough to notice. I used to get pretty wicked PMS cramps so on that scale they barely registered, but I'm hopeful.

I made the last of the planned meals last night - stuffed shells w/ spinach - and now I'm stumped and have to go back out to the store. I have boxes of pasta and all kinds of quick things, but I don't want to tap into those until the kid's here. I just didn't think I'd get this far w/ no baby, so I only planned so many meals in advance. Oh well! Maybe walking around Publix/Target will get this baby movin' I officially don't fit in my maternity clothes and my belly is poking out. I wish I could go to the store incognito!
October 17th, 2013, 04:36 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hope its a sign something is happening! Mine started out barely AF cramps as well, SO you just never know!

I'm good here, can't believe my little man is 3 weeks old, wow where did that 3 weeks go!! lol
soul_donut likes this.

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

October 17th, 2013, 05:27 AM
Leah
I'm planning a trip to Publix as well. I realized yesterday that while dinners aren't such a big deal because SO likes to cook, insists on it, there aren't many lazy meals. I figure I'll probably want quick to make stuff once I'm home alone with the baby. I'm going to wait on lunch meat in case it's another week till Kuato gets here, but I'll probably grab some simple frozen microwavable stuff. All in the name of laziness.

SO is working a freaking job that's an hour and forty five minutes away. We'd agreed he wouldn't take any jobs far away while I was this close, but it's a good job. I think he accepted it without listening to where it was. Good thing it wasn't Miami or somewhere as far.

My acid is the worst it's been. I've had some cramping but no contractions. If I'm feeling the same by the afternoon, I think I'm buying some concert tickets for tonight. SO likely won't be able to go, but my sister wanted to. If I go into labor at the show I fully plan to parlay that into some backstage time.

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump

Last edited by QL1516; October 17th, 2013 at 05:30 AM. Reason: **** typos
October 17th, 2013, 05:30 AM
mama2ladybugs's Avatar Super Mommy
omg stuffed shells with spinach sounds so good right now and i dont normally like spinach lol. i've been up for an hour and a half. woke up to eric complaining about being up with the baby all night. he's passed out, vivian is half asleep, and i just feed athena. i didn't get a chance to take a shower yesterday or last night given eric worked a double and then p***** me off last night and i went straight to bed. lol. so if i can make it through another half hr, that will be athena's nap time, and hopefully i will be able to get a shower then.

and i definitely need to make a trip to the store today as well.

Thank you Babydoll213 for my beautiful siggy

WTTC #3 Fall 2017
October 17th, 2013, 05:57 AM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh heyyyyy (that was me in ghetto-girl talk).

I'm being lazy and I'm still laying in bed As you read in my other post, I've been up half the night with some confusing contractions...needless to say, I just don't feel like getting out of bed.

Today I have an appointment at 11. If my doctor doesn't tell me anything that I want to hear, I think I will treat myself to a Starbucks. Seems appropriate lol
October 17th, 2013, 06:30 AM
MrsPea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh Melissa I hope walking around jump starts your labor! It is a full moon this weekend, so maybe little B has been waiting for that. OH I know, he was probably nervous about the gov.t shutdown and wanted to see how that would play out before entering the world. Either way, it's safe to come out now little guy.

I would really love to go this weekend or early next week! Now that he's dropped I really want him out!!! Last night, DH sent me up the stairs before him saying take your time. He went and got us our waters came back and I was not even half way up. He literally put the waters down and pulled out his iPhone to read while I finished climbing the stairs. Ugh, having a head in your pelvis is intense.
soul_donut likes this.

October 17th, 2013, 06:38 AM
Leah
Quote:
... having a head in your pelvis is intense.
I concur. In fact, that very thing may have helped start this whole process.

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump
October 17th, 2013, 06:48 AM
LOL Leah, you crack me up! Perv

Melissa, I am begging you, PLEASE have your baby today. Come on, what do we have to do to make this happen? I've been labor-vibing you all week!
October 17th, 2013, 07:17 AM
Laurenj915's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by QL1516 View Post
Lol! Thank you for that. I needed a good laugh after being up for the past 48 hours.

October 17th, 2013, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QL1516 View Post
I'm going to be laughing about that all day!

October 17th, 2013, 07:20 AM
Laurenj915's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyrae03 View Post

Melissa, I am begging you, PLEASE have your baby today. Come on, what do we have to do to make this happen? I've been labor-vibing you all week!
No kidding! It is only fair that she have a baby today.

I hope you are in labor today too but I have to send my labor vibes to overdue people. I know it must be just miserable.

October 17th, 2013, 07:36 AM
Fine with me Lauren. I'm 100% positive that this is just some hoax and that I'm not actually going to go into labor until somewhere closer to Thanksgiving. No worries lol
October 17th, 2013, 07:48 AM
Rosiegirl7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope some of you ladies have your babies soon!! Also, definitely get to the store while you still can because once baby is here you won't be doing much leaving from the house. It's crazy how much and often babies eat! Lol
October 17th, 2013, 08:18 AM
LOL you ladies are pretty funny.

I stopped cramping! I walked Target for two hours! I'm laughing now because the situation is ridiculous. I was talking to my friend last night via text - she has a house "guest" that has been there 3 weeks and plans on being there two more, but hasn't necessarily said for sure that he found an apartment so it could be longer. She's going crazy b/c it's a one bedroom place and is just too small for 3 people. We were just complaining back and forth about that and my little late baby boy and she was like "We are just too good at hosting - we need to kick out our overdue tenants!!"

TRUE STORY. My womb must be all cushy from all the "treat yo self" moments I have indulged in. After a brief rest on the sofa here and maybe some lunch I'm going to start cleaning and doing other heinous things that are opposite of treat yo self and give this boy a tired sweaty house to live in and maybe he'll decide to come out!
mizza411 and MrsPea like this.
October 17th, 2013, 08:25 AM
Melissa, did you try jumping jacks yet? They HAVE to work! Surely that will jostle him right out of there! Or maybe if you put on some Pitbull and do some booty-shakin? Like so:

October 17th, 2013, 08:29 AM
hahahahaha cat butts are hilarious!

I could put on the ol' Jillian Michaels 30 minute DVD - that would probably do it they have jumping jacks in there!

Saw this on FB today hahaha:

QL1516, SierraWinter and mizza411 like this.
October 17th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Melissa you and your hubby need to have a serious chat with your little boy:

October 17th, 2013, 09:01 AM
Love my hubby but wouldn't it be novel if Ron Burgundy was my baby daddy? LOLOL
MrsPea likes this.
October 17th, 2013, 09:38 AM
Julie
Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_donut View Post
Love my hubby but wouldn't it be novel if Ron Burgundy was my baby daddy? LOLOL
I love Anchorman! Have you seen that SUV commercial he does? It is hilarious!! I am looking forward to the next anchoran movie, just hope it's not a disappointment.
soul_donut likes this.

October 17th, 2013, 10:53 AM
I have! hehehe. I can't wait for the new movie. I already told my inlaws that when they visit for the holidays they are babysitting for 3 hours for us to go get a beer and see that movie

I'm still pregnant at 40 weeks, 6 days. What's it mean?

Guess what everybody - my DH's team went and got him a Magic 8 Ball for Boss's Day. LOL. The question on everybody's mind: Will Mel go into labor today? The answer: Most Likely!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search