Fussy Time?

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 21st, 2013, 06:48 AM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do any of your LO's have a specific time they always seem to be upset or fussy? (ha, I typed in 'fuzzy' first! lol!)

Jude, for the last 3 nights, has been just unbearable starting almost exactly at 8pm and going until 11pm. During the days he is a complete gem, barely crying at all, it's seriously amazing. But at night he turns into this baby that is the complete opposite. Both my girls were the same way, though I'm wondering if his formula has something to do with it? He is on Gentlease right now. He is so gassy during these times, so would the gas, like, store up throughout the day and affect him only at night?

I have a weight check today for him so I'll ask the doctor. But since I remember it happening with both my girls (one was EBF the other was FF) I figured I'd ask here too.

One good thing about it? It wears him out so that he sleeps *awesome* at night-- 6 hours last night!

October 21st, 2013, 07:31 AM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
4:30-11 am lol
Its not constant, but its often enough that i consider the whole block her fussy/gassy/poopy/i going to stay wide awake then get super upset that im overtired time.
Sometime at 6-9 she'll do it too. Again, not constant, but often enough that I notice.
Pacis, making sure shes extra warm, and keeping her vertical are the only things that make her stop sometimes. And cuddles. lotsa cuddles.
October 21st, 2013, 09:26 AM
Wanta.number2's Avatar Hi, I'm Tiffani!
I would say between 3 and 7 a.m. Its been hard to get used to, Austin, my oldest, was an amazing baby.. slept through the night from day one, barely fussy. Gage is up about every 3 to 4 hours.

Gage is on Gentlease too, Similac Advance made him SUPER gassy. Have you tried gas drops? Its really been helping us.
October 21st, 2013, 09:41 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Christian gets a little more gassy around 6pm-9pm after that hes fine. He's on Goodstart.

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

October 21st, 2013, 10:26 AM
"Shay-see"
Alasdair has a wakeful period between about 8 and 11 or so in the evening? and again in the morning maybe between 6 and 9. These coincide with periods when he was active in utero, too, so it's not unexpected. He fusses if I try to hold him while sitting or lying down or if i try to put him to bed. He really wants to be ambulatory - he's totally chill if he's being carried around and given a pacifier. He stares at the lights and just hangs out. Husband will stuff him in the ergobaby and go for a walk around the neighborhood. We've tried every other method to calm him down - he doesn't want food, his diaper is fine, etc etc. He just really needs to go for a walk
October 21st, 2013, 10:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Henry is fussiest whatever time we wake up and I hand him off to DH or my best friend who has come to help for three weeks. He loves being on me and with me constantly, so when I pass him off it's usually 9-11 am. Could be worse!

p.s. Christine I love your new siggy, what a great photo!
October 21st, 2013, 02:52 PM
Laurenj915's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Whenever I am most tired. Tessa does not seem to have a fussy time of the day. She is most fussy when she is too hungry and will not give me milk the 30 seconds to let down. She will scream for 30 minutes which, I try to explain to her, does not help with the whole letdown process!

Jealous of you girls that have babies who sleep. I thought maybe this time around I would have a sleeper but it seems I have another night owl.

October 22nd, 2013, 08:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Henry's seems to be at night between 9 and midnight-ish. I can feed him as much as he wants but he still seems to stay awake and grunty/fussy no matter what. Of course that is the time I am ready to crash But its to be expected.
& Henry Joseph- born 10/15/13
8 lbs 10 oz and 22" long

October 22nd, 2013, 09:36 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
At night from about dinner time to 8ish, but then he sleeps for 3 and 4 our stretches at night.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

October 22nd, 2013, 10:51 AM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I talked to the doctor and he said it was just that general colic. Fun. But good news? He was perfectly fine last night! At about 9pm he was still sleeping peacefully and Dh and I looked at each other and said "we are so gonna pay for this tonight". Nope. He slept like a charm! Only woke up about 3am for a feeding and was barely awake for that! After our 2 super high maintenance girls this whole easy baby thing is a little foreign. But I love it!!

October 23rd, 2013, 02:02 PM
SierraWinter's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Natania has a fussy time every day but it's different every day. Generally it's evenings but sometimes she picks random mornings to be upset. Oh and she likes to stay up till midnight or 1am. Last night she was up every 2-3 hours. Now that week she was sick she was screaming 24/7 till she passed out exhausted, thankfully that is past us at the moment.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search