Mice in storage unit help?

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ILoveStorm2011

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 28th, 2013, 08:21 AM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
Man I cannot catch a break!
When we moved we had to put our stuff in storage..we just threw everything in there and didn't think about it We're dumb.
Now Dh tells me he saw rat poo in there on the mattress and on the ground.
All the clothes should be packed in space bags so Im not too worried and I can clean all the pots/pans/whatnot.
We only had a couch and our mattress....
Neither cost a lot (like 900$ total for both - clearance items) and we have insurance...would ya'll just throw those out? I just dont feel like dealing with possibly having a future rat infestation or bugs because of 2 items. Does anyone see any more issues? I don't want to bug bomb/call pest control if I don't have to because of baby
October 28th, 2013, 04:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
You can buy a mattress cover that zips all around the mattress,and you could steam clean both, no? If insurance would cover it though maybe go that route?
October 29th, 2013, 02:01 AM
Leah
If insurance would cover it, I'd replace the mattress for sure, possibly the couch. My concern would be if the rats/mice peed on the cushions or mattress. Their urine isn't healthy. Droppings can be cleaned and bugs could be handled, but I'm not so sure about whether getting the urine out would be worth it.

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump
October 29th, 2013, 03:50 AM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
Our insurance is amazing and they are going to cover both items. Were going to take a second look ay the mattress but our couch is going its a reclining couch so plenty of places for them to have made a home
MrsPea likes this.
October 29th, 2013, 06:55 AM
MrsPea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awesome your insurance is going to cover the items for you guys! I would be creeped out just knowing rats and mice were all over my couch and mattress.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search