I could use some prayers

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 31st, 2013, 07:48 PM
slmehaffey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Everything is going fantastically with little Micah, but every other part of my life is in a total uproar right now.
DH called this morning, I knew it was bad news considering he should have been working then and the earliest I usually hear from him is around lunch time if then... They laid him off. We are almost totally packed in this house and ready to move to Oklahoma, and he now has no job.
We are not completely out of options, he has the chance to come back to his old job, which wouldn't be horrible, but wouldn't be great either. He is currently looking for another job in OK, but we don't know how long it would take for him to get one, or find out that he didn't get one which ever the case may be. He could switch career paths now, considering there isn't anything holding him to that particular path, but then what he would switch to is the question. He is looking at diesel mechanic work, but the window of pay for that position doesn't leave much room for growth...
In the mean time I'm living with half of our things packed, trying to maintain peace in my home with two children and an infant, I'm tired, and lonely (my last house guest left on tuesday) and stressed out. My DD broke her glasses and I had to call three different places to order a new pair and she is without them for two weeks and needs them pretty badly. Micah has to be enrolled with insurance before I can schedule his circ. and the only place around here that does it is an hour away.. and it took making 7 phone calls to figure that out. I've been on the phone with every person imaginable today, including my DH, my parents, a few friends, multiple doctors and insurance reps.
Tried to take the kids out trick-or-treating but my van battery died, got it going and went to put Micah in his car seat only to find out that though it is rated for a 5lb baby it cant safely seat a baby less than approx. 24-25inches tall.... so we pretended to trick-or-treat in the living room and ordered a pizza.
Talk about an exhausting day... Oh and my 4 and 2 year olds are insane right now from all the coming and going of their father and friends...

October 31st, 2013, 09:55 PM
SierraWinter's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry, that's rough. At least you have a few options but its terrible timing with a newborn. Hope you guys figure something out
October 31st, 2013, 10:09 PM
Rosiegirl7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Definitely praying that things get better for you and your DH. Sometimes change is a good thing and I hope he finds a job soon that he enjoys. I can't imagine going through all that with a newborn, but things will get easier and we are here for support. Hugs!
October 31st, 2013, 11:23 PM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Prayers mama!! That's way too much for one mama and one family to deal with. You are a strong woman. I
November 1st, 2013, 02:22 AM
Cccbb61013's Avatar Veteran
Praying for you. I've so been there & found that when it rains, it pours. But also found out there's always sunshine after the rain. It'll come for you.

November 1st, 2013, 09:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry to hear about all of this! I'm sending you positive thoughts and I hope everything works out soon!!
November 1st, 2013, 10:17 AM
MrsHoot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Praying for you. That is a tough situation. Hoping the clouds part and DH finds an amazing job in OK!

November 1st, 2013, 10:20 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thinking of you!!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

November 1st, 2013, 10:37 AM
Laurenj915's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lots of thoughts and prayers for you. I hope you DH finds something soon.

November 1st, 2013, 11:18 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
First of all, your baby is beautiful. I have been away from the computer for a while so I missed a lot of posts - you have one handsome boy there! I can't wait to read your birth story. Congratulations mama!

I'm so sorry to hear about your DH's job. That is just such bad timing and a bad situation. You are so strong to have just had a baby and keep things together like you are doing. Try to breathe and know that you will get through it. I hope that things turn around for you and that you can get the support you need. I wish we could all help you in person - it's hard to juggle a lot of that stuff on their own, let alone with everything piling up. I'm thinking about you and wishing you all the best. Sometimes when things get crazy for me it helps to know that no matter what, time passes and you get through, one way or another. I just hope that everyone stays healthy and you feel the love - the rest will fall into place. Good luck to you and your fam!!
November 1st, 2013, 11:46 AM
slmehaffey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank you all so much. I got some ok sleep last night and spent a lot of time in prayer and quoting verses at God, and I feel ok today. This situation sucks no doubt about it, but we are all healthy, and we have each other.. so the rest is just going to have to work itself out one way or another.
DH is going to be at my parents house Sunday evening drop off an application at my dads work place and head up here on Monday. I'd like to go down there to meet him, but I don't really want to drive that far with Micah and the other two this early, and I have an appointment on Monday morning, so we will wait at home for him to get here.
He called his old job and is still waiting to hear back from them, if they will take him back he plans on staying here another year and work on getting his license for the work he does, if not who knows what we will do.

November 1st, 2013, 03:54 PM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
((Hugs)) I hope everything gets sorted out!!!!!
Karrara 10 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 1/2 07/01/06, Kayda 7 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 1 10/10/13

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search