Lauren's birth story *pics added*

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 1st, 2013, 11:49 AM
~*Nicole*~'s Avatar Nicole
Lauren's birth story
I'll skip all the boring early labor stuff, except to say that I dealt with it for a LONG time. I went in for my 39 week appt on Monday the 21st more pregnant than I had ever been. My longest pregnancy was 38 weeks 5 days, so I was wondering why she still wasn't here and pretty ready to be done being pregnant. Lauren had dropped weeks earlier and was SO low that I was having trouble sleeping, walking, sitting, pretty much doing anything. I was 4cm and 75% effaced at my appt (less than I was at my last appt lol) and my midwife confirmed that Lauren was really low, so low that she had a hard time getting to my cervix behind her head. With my permission, she did a membrane sweep. Because she was also posterior my midwife and a nurse tried to rock her into place, which worked surprisingly well! After my appt I took my other kids to the park for a couple hours. While there I noticed that she had moved and my contractions were starting to become more regularly.

That night I spent hours on my yoga ball and my contractions were coming every 4-5 minutes. I knew that it probably wouldn't be that night, but I was sure it would be very soon at that point. The next morning I woke up to find that I had lost my bloody show. I had never seen it in my other pregnancies, so it was exciting lol. My contractions were still coming regularly every 4 minutes and we're getting stronger throughout the morning. Around 11, I decided we'd probably be going in before long. We got the kids' stuff ready and picked up our preschooler to take her to lunch before we went in.

We got to the hospital and in a room around 1 pm. I was 5 cm and almost completely effaced at that time. Whether they knew it or not, I was not planning on leaving there without my baby! My midwife came to check on me, I was still at a 5 At 6:15 pm she came back and broke my water. I was STILL at a 5 and really irritated because I was doing everything I could to dilate lol.

After my water was broken, things picked up VERY quickly. Within minutes my contractions were coming faster and harder. Probably about 20 minutes later I got in the tub, turned on some music, and tried to breathe through painful contractions coming a minute apart. I was having to vocalize through them and wanted out of the tub. Back in the bed, I just wanted to be checked. I was really sure she'd be coming out any minute. At 6:55, after 40 minutes of horrible contractions I was still at a 5. I cried a little bit after that and told them that if it was going to hurt like that without progress I wanted an epidural. I think my midwife knew that I would be having her soon because she agreed to the epidural but never actually called for the anesthesiologist. After she checked me, the contractions came even harder and faster. I knew things were starting to progress very quickly when I felt lauren shift down further into the birth canal. By 7:00 I was already a 7-8 and, despite my desperate pleas, was told I would not be getting my epidural

Transition is a blur. All I know is that I got on all fours to start pushing, which was much more comfortable than lying on my back. I pushed for maybe 2 contractions and she was out. I was a little concerned because her fluid had a little meconium in it, but she cried almost instantly and I got to hold her after a short exam by a respiratory therapist and a nicu nurse. It went by so fast that I don't really remember the last hour very well. All the above details are accurate to the best of my recollection

Lauren Olivia (announced on Facebook as Lauren Everleigh, but we changed it back to our original choice at the last minute) was born at 7:12 on October 22nd, weighing 7 lbs 6 oz and measuring 21" long. She is the perfect final addition to our family

siggy made by Meredithh90!!!

Last edited by ~*Nicole*~; November 1st, 2013 at 11:54 AM.
November 1st, 2013, 01:26 PM
Leah
Awww, she's so cute. And the pic of her with the other kids is adorable.

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump
November 2nd, 2013, 10:56 AM
Proud mommy!
Awww she is adorable! Congrats!

November 2nd, 2013, 01:01 PM
1fabulousfem's Avatar Mommy to Finn + 1!
Absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations!

November 3rd, 2013, 10:55 AM
slmehaffey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
adorable, and I love her name.
I have to agree being on hands and knees felt way better than on my back too. I did have to get over my embarrassment though, in the hospital with my first I was self conscious and couldnt handle having my butt exposed, this time I actually left my undies on (too long) and they had to cut them off my because there was no way I was moving out of my hands and knees position.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search