One month

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 3rd, 2013, 08:30 PM
Maenfayne's Avatar Veteran
Colton is one month old today! It's been such a crazy journey, and does NOT feel like it has been that long. Even though it seems like he has always been here, it also feels as though we just brought him home yesterday.

BIG milestone yesterday! Auntie Jen was holding him, and I came over and said "Hi Colton!" He turned his head over to me and gave the biggest smile. Open mouth happy eyes smile! He kept eye contact with me for a bit and then went back to looking around the room. No burps or toots afterwards so I'm pretty sure that was a legitimate smile

We're still breastfeeding, and still working on his latch. He has an upper lip tie which is impairing his ability to keep suction, so he breaks off quite a bit - taking in lots of air. So he's quite the gassy and spitty baby. Poor guy... Although we have an appointment with a craniosacral therapist so hopefully she cant help him out some.

He's also not pooping. His doctor isn't concerned since he is breastfed, and breastmilk is so efficiently digested. Some babies poop after every feeding, some a few times a day, some once a day, some every couple days, and some once a week. Well he's in the once a week category. We're told not to worry unless he gets a hard tummy, develops a fever, or seems incredibly fussy. His dr also said to give him 2 ounces of apple juice to try to get things moving. Jake just gave him his first bottle of it, so we'll see if that does anything.

Little man is up to 9lbs 13oz and 22.5 inches Growing like a champ!

10.03.13 8lbs 11oz 21 inches
Excuse my typos, there is either a baby on my boob or sleeping in my arms

Thank you *sharon* for my adorable siggy

November 3rd, 2013, 08:34 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Daww! What a big boy!

Lily went a week without poop, week before last. She wasn't fussy at all, but when she did go, it went everywhere! Lol Now she's going once every day or two.

Three on Earth and seven in Heaven. Hoping to get knocked up in 2016. Sometimes.

http://arwenart.com
November 4th, 2013, 04:32 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay for a month old!!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

November 4th, 2013, 06:22 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
Awe how sweet. I Love those big smiles. Sophie is one month old today. This is a great age.

Jamie age 37-Single mommy and loving life
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
November 4th, 2013, 07:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yay for one month! Glad he is doing well and I hope he poops for you soon.
& Henry Joseph- born 10/15/13
8 lbs 10 oz and 22" long

November 4th, 2013, 07:48 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aww, a smile! Can't wait for that.
November 4th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Wanta.number2's Avatar Hi, I'm Tiffani!
I can't wait for smiles!!!! Beware though, you may get a blowout poop with the apple juice.. it doesn't seem like much but wow can it make 'em go!
November 4th, 2013, 11:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow, my lo poops with each feed, without fail! Great Colton is growing and smiling!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search