The Paleo Diet?

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 4th, 2013, 08:13 PM
Wanta.number2's Avatar Hi, I'm Tiffani!
I've been looking for a healthier way of eating and I'm pretty interested in the Paleo diet. Does anyone eat Paleo? We could definitely stand to eat healthier, and I want to start to lose the rest of this baby weight. Any info?
November 4th, 2013, 08:24 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I have off an on, but only because my preacher was on it, and he would make those dishes for Fellowship. lol But I saw him drop 50+ lbs in a seemingly short amount of time. He managed to keep it off as well. I'm not sure how you'd like deer and cabbage, but his was pretty good!

I lose best eating salads, fruits, and meats with some dairy while getting a ton of cardio. I have aced losing 30 lbs in 30 days that way!

Three on Earth and seven in Heaven.

http://arwenart.com
November 4th, 2013, 10:27 PM
Rosiegirl7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I did that diet for a year and loved it! There's also no limit on how much you can eat as long as it's "paleo". There's also a ton of recipes you can find online which is helpful because sometimes it can be hard to constantly come up with new ideas.

I'm going to get back on as soon as I go grocery shopping again it's just that right now I'm eating anything already in the house which is mostly crap (hot pockets, popcorn, etcetera.) But I definitely recommend it! I lost 8lbs in 2 weeks when I started it about a year ago.
November 5th, 2013, 12:35 AM
"Shay-see"
I did a variant wherein I still ate beans and occasional dairy - I felt fantastic and the weight came off pretty readily. It takes a while to get in the habit though.
November 5th, 2013, 05:59 AM
Wanta.number2's Avatar Hi, I'm Tiffani!
Ooo.. thanks ladies! I am really encouraged now! Off to hunt for recipes...
November 5th, 2013, 03:01 PM
"Shay-see"
If you stick to it for two weeks the cravings go away and you start feeling like a million bucks. Up until then, though, it can be kinda rough - just a fair warning. Good luck - it's pretty awesome when it works out!
November 5th, 2013, 04:02 PM
Laurenj915's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasaidh View Post
If you stick to it for two weeks the cravings go away and you start feeling like a million bucks. Up until then, though, it can be kinda rough - just a fair warning. Good luck - it's pretty awesome when it works out!
I do the Whole 30. It's a even stricter version of paleo that you do for just 30 days and then continue with a regular paleo diet. Your post reminds me of this sign on the Whole 30 website

I don't lose weight on paleo btw. I usually put on 3-5 pounds but I do feel good on it.

Last edited by Laurenj915; November 6th, 2013 at 12:52 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search