As soon as I put her in the bassinet...

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 27th, 2013, 10:47 AM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
She gets gas!! I don't know what to do! Is it the harder area maybe?? Even when she is dead asleep it never fails. We bought a bouncer/rocker/vibrating thing for her to lie in and that seemed a little better, but lo and behold an hour later she was up with gas.
Does she get gas in my bed? Absolutely not. Is it too early to have a faker? lol
Does anyone know of any tricks maybe? I burp and whatnot and she seems fine..then I lay her in the bassinet and its explosion time.
November 27th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Jackie1122's Avatar Veteran
My first son had horrible colic yet slept in his bassinet fine. My new baby is so laid back but hates the bassinet. He does the same thing that you mentioned. About 10 minutes after laying him down he starts tucking up his legs and passing gas. Someone told us to lay a heating pad down and remove it right before laying baby down so that he isn't going from warm arms to a cold bed. This seems to help some and occasionally he won't wake up for awhile. I have noticed he sleeps better in the pack and play bassinet that has vibration and white noise. During the night when I really need some sleep, he stays in his bouncer and does much better though. Good luck and I hope you figure out something that helps!
November 27th, 2013, 03:01 PM
"Shay-see"
when i'm trying to help A get rid of gas, one of my tricks is to lay him on the floor and nurse him. Something about the flat, firm surface helps him get it out, and a nipple distracts him from the pain pretty reliably. ... so maybe try getting her flat before she goes to sleep to see if that helps her get it out and then it won't wake her up when she's in the bassinet?
November 27th, 2013, 03:46 PM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
Are you sure it's gas and not just that she wants to be with her mama? Totally normal, a some babies are just higher needs than others.
Just roll with it... do you have a baby carrier she can sleep in during the day etc? That way she won't wake up crying and you can go about your day?

I know it's hard. So hard. She sounds A LOT like my first born. It gets easier, I promise!
Have you been giving her ovol or anything when she eats? We had to give my first born ovol 4x per day per the dr and it really helped.

Probiotic would help as well with tummy issues. I am sorry, you sound very frustrated
I hope it gets better soon, I can so relate.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
November 27th, 2013, 08:08 PM
She's always done it so it's not too frustrating anymore. Just old. lol.
Dh says that he did an experiment today He laid her down next to me when she was sleeping about a foot away and she actually turned her head to try and make sure that someone was near her. I think she is needy so I might take my shirt tonight and put it next to her in the bassinet...see if that helps.
I have the ergo which she stays in all day She loves it and I love my hands lol
November 27th, 2013, 09:18 PM
Cccbb61013's Avatar Veteran
Any reflux issues? Both of my boys had some reflux & neither would/will sleep on their backs. My first would not at all & he had the more mild case. This one has it worse, but he'll lie on his back for a little while. No way he'd sleep on it though. So again, I have a baby who sleeps in his swing! This little one also seems to want mama to hold him a lot but to be fair, I was constantly holding my first & it's impossible to do that with baby # 2 unfortunately

November 27th, 2013, 09:27 PM
I don't know? How can you tell? I never thought it might be I guess. She gets gassy in her swing too.
November 28th, 2013, 06:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have the same thing. Although Henry won't sleep for 10 mins on his own in the bassinet or anywhere without me, I've now cut out dairy and am getting probiotics. I've heard good things too.
November 28th, 2013, 09:26 AM
yeah I've cut back on dairy a lot and am cutting back on grains too. Today will probably be a crack in my diet though
December 2nd, 2013, 09:39 AM
~Momma*2011~'s Avatar I love my little girl!!
I hope the restricted diet helps. My daughter always cried the instant we set her down. We found out later that she had silent reflux and at times it caused her to stop breathing (we witnessed it ourselves, scariest thing ever). She slept in a bouncer until 4 months then a elevated bassinet until 6 and finally was able to transition her to her crib.

Carter is a different baby his fussiness is a combination between wanting to be held and gassiness. I tried giving him some gripe water last week and it seemed to help. I let him fall asleep either in my arms or in the bouncer and then move him to his bassinet where he sleeps the rest of the night. I hope you find a solution but maybe she just loves her momma. I know frustrating but they don't stay little forever. I promise it does get easier, just go with what works for you now.

December 2nd, 2013, 01:01 PM
I think it helped....i had just a little bit one day and she was fine, bur I had a giant mocha on sat night and come Sunday all hell broke loose.
December 2nd, 2013, 01:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm going to wait two full weeks but it's been tough. There is dairy in so much you don't even realize. Then I'll slowly start introducing milk again (like in dark chocolate or something where it's way down on the ingredient list. I have noticed he's less congested and his rash has gone away. Oh man I miss cheese so much though!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search