No appt. til 4 months....what????

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By jamieshalon2
  • 1 Post By allysmomma
  • 1 Post By jennyrae03
  • 1 Post By allysmomma

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 6th, 2014, 10:16 AM
allysmomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ok, it's kinda weird, but my doc saw Amberly at 6 wks and said we don't have to come back til 4 months. I've been thinking about this and it doesn't seem right. With DD1 and DS, I know I remember being seen before 4 months, so I called the doc office this morning and sure enough, no appt til 4 months. I'd sure like to know how long she is or how much she weighs. I think I'll take her to the local dr office this week and get her weighed and length checked, just for my own sanity. I know she's growing, but still. I see all of your updates and I'm like feeling left out over here...lol!!! I'll get that done this week and KUP!!!

January 6th, 2014, 10:42 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
that is strange to me too. I thought they were seen every month in the beginning of life. Maybe they are changing the standards or something. I thought 2 month shots were pretty common everywhere though.
allysmomma likes this.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
January 6th, 2014, 10:52 AM
Thats what I was thinking, but the secretary said today, that since she got all of her shots, she wouldn't need to be seen til 4 months. It may be the "new change" you know how that goes, it's been different with every kid. Not that, but seems like something is always changing. She could be like, well this is your 3rd kid, the others haven't starved to death and are in good health, so no need to check on this one, since you know what your doing!!! lmbo!!!
jamieshalon2 likes this.

January 6th, 2014, 11:20 AM
Wanta.number2's Avatar Hi, I'm Tiffani!
Gage was seen twice after he was born for his inital Newborn checkup at about 7 days old, then another at 1 month for a second Newborn Screen, 2 months for 1st vaxs and then again at 4 months.

That would be strange to only be seen twice in 4 months... I would have to agree!
January 6th, 2014, 02:58 PM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Logan had a visit from a nurse at home at 5 days, then had a 2 week well baby check, a 2 month well baby check w/vaccines, and won't be seen again until 4 months. I do find it annoying that I can't get my baby weighed whenever I want to! I seriously considered putting him on my food scale...
allysmomma likes this.
January 6th, 2014, 03:03 PM
Well, I should have said that she was seen at 1 wk and 2 wks(to make sure she was gaining weight), but other than her 6 wk, nothing. But, she's healthy as far as I know.
jennyrae03 likes this.

January 6th, 2014, 03:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We did a few visits up to 6 weeks with the midwife, then we did a 2 months appointment at the Dr and now no other appointment until 4 months. I think it is strange they're not doing a 2 months, but if all the shots have been done then maybe it's not necessary?
January 6th, 2014, 05:22 PM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We do 2 months and then 4 months.
January 6th, 2014, 08:29 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
They are changing things here, too. It used to be at 6 weeks, 2 months, and then 4 months. Now it's at 1 week, 6 weeks, 2 months, and 4 months. However, I never bother coming when they say. This go I went at 2 weeks, skipped the 6, was unable to schedule the 2, and hopefully will get her first vaccinations at 4.
January 7th, 2014, 01:03 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We did 1 week, 2 months here as well. Next visit is 4 months.

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

January 7th, 2014, 05:43 AM
Ok then, must be a change in the "norm" now.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search