Whats the plan for the weekend ladies?

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By ILoveStorm2011
  • 1 Post By Spyctre
  • 1 Post By QL1516

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 18th, 2014, 08:44 AM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
anyone have a long weekend?

dh is going snowboarding in Indiana with some guys while phoebe. And I explore the town. 8th state she's been to now!
soul_donut likes this.
January 18th, 2014, 10:11 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No plans here, just hang out at home like always! LOL

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

January 18th, 2014, 10:37 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
8th state! She is well traveled

We are going out to an early dinner with friends, and maybe to costco. But last night we went out for dinner with the baby, who was asleep when we left and up until the moment when we ordered a lot of food and an expensive wine.. sigh So he really, really needs a nap. I'm desperate b/c if he doesn't, he'll be really upset at dinner and I don't want to deal with that in public. Home is ok.

Tomorrow is likely a foodie day since we get our fresh veggies from the CSA, and football of course! Ben loves watching it with us.
January 18th, 2014, 11:14 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I am organizing the girls' things today. I had all the toys in the closet a few months ago, and I decided to be nice right before Lily got here and take them out of the closet. All at once instead of rotating a handful every day. They're getting to the point where toys are everywhere again. Just all over the place.

When I woke up this morning, I served breakfast and started cleaning up their closets. Now I am going around trying to find any stray toys because they are going back up. No sense in this mess. Maybe they are just too young to teach that slovenliness is a bad thing.

Last weekend I reorganized the kitchen. I need to tackle the washroom soon. We have our outside tools in there, and that's a big jumble.
soul_donut likes this.

Three on Earth and seven in Heaven. Hoping to get knocked up in 2016. Sometimes.

http://arwenart.com
January 18th, 2014, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyctre View Post
I am organizing the girls' things today. I had all the toys in the closet a few months ago, and I decided to be nice right before Lily got here and take them out of the closet. All at once instead of rotating a handful every day. They're getting to the point where toys are everywhere again. Just all over the place.

When I woke up this morning, I served breakfast and started cleaning up their closets. Now I am going around trying to find any stray toys because they are going back up. No sense in this mess. Maybe they are just too young to teach that slovenliness is a bad thing.

Last weekend I reorganized the kitchen. I need to tackle the washroom soon. We have our outside tools in there, and that's a big jumble.
I love these kind of days (or nights when you can't sleep!) - big black trash bag, big box for donations, and getting things all cleared out really is a pick me up! I started doing that this week since I'm doing spring cleaning (slow and steady with this baby who hates the carrier so far) and it feels awesome to see less clutter around the house. Baby stuff is plentiful enough without more stuff laying around! Good luck to you and your organizational day.
January 18th, 2014, 02:11 PM
SierraWinter's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
8th state babies been to? That's impressive! I'm attempting to clean house today in between a screaming unhappy baby (bad reflux day) because the in-laws are coming up tomorrow. They bought Natania a rocking chair for Christmas and are bringing it up tomorrow, wohoo!
January 18th, 2014, 03:53 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Thanks, Melissa! I also love these days. Love it Spartan and super organized. Except for one toy plate and cup(plate is hiding somewhere and cup is in the SUV), a small snap-up play tent, and a roller coaster table secured to DD1's bedroom floor, every last toy and stuffed animal--even ones from their beds for nighttime--are in their closets.

Not getting rid of any more toys, but I found clothes to donate. I also have 2 plastic pumpkins I really want to toss. Never took them trick or treating because of Alice. I've wanted to take her, but DH doesn't. Makes me mad sometimes. He doesn't even care to do Easter baskets because she won't "get it." She and her sister will be getting goodie baskets this year, though.

Three on Earth and seven in Heaven. Hoping to get knocked up in 2016. Sometimes.

http://arwenart.com
January 18th, 2014, 04:13 PM
Veteran
We went shopping today! I had some gift cards from Christmas to use up and we wanted to get out of the house. Nothing too exciting. I got a few baby things, an artificial tree, some sandals, and a toy cash register for my older son. And I cheated on my diet and ate some Mexican food, I couldn't resist and it was so yummy! The boys are worn out now and are watching a movie while I relax
January 18th, 2014, 06:23 PM
Leah
Lazy morning, dinner out with SO's parents and older kids tonight. We may go out for a good beer or two if we and my sister feel up to the going out and babysitting. No date night next weekend because were planning on going to the Kumquat Festival, so maybe that'll motivate us. Tomorrow is looking pretty relaxed too - football is happening. Go Broncos! (I love me some Peyton Manning and my team was out of it looooong ago.)
soul_donut likes this.

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump
January 18th, 2014, 07:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Last night we had some friends for dinner. Was really nice to cook for sOmeone else and do app dinner and dessert. A proper guest dinner them today I had ballet class we ordered in Chinese and are in bed early as last night was a late one. Tomorrow is SiL's birthday dinner at DH's parents house. Should be good MIL is a good cook.
January 18th, 2014, 08:20 PM
Super Mommy
We went shopping a little today. I got a VS card for Christmas so I picked out some things there, DH is looking at a new TV, went to my son's basketball game and to eat today. Tomorrow is church. I'm off on Monday too!
January 18th, 2014, 08:43 PM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
Well it might be 8 states but 2 we just drove through the shortest parts and one was probably only a mile in Counts.
January 19th, 2014, 02:57 PM
Go Broncos indeed! It is currently 20-3!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search