Finding/Making Time for exercise

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By jennyrae03
  • 1 Post By Laurenj915

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 20th, 2014, 08:29 PM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
How do you do it?

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
January 20th, 2014, 08:48 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
My girls don't currently nap at the same time. Doesn't happen! =P I'm multipurposing my bike as a shelf blockade, though. I think I may get a video or something. Dance around the ankle biters. The ONE time I was able to get my 45 minutes it felt heavenly. My whole body tingled when it was over.
January 20th, 2014, 09:51 PM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
Dh is helping a lotttt. I'm going to zumba tomorrow so that'll be 1.5 hours with baby just him and her. I also have a wii fit u that helps I need to do more though.
January 21st, 2014, 03:46 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not getting any in here yet, SO CAN'T WAIT for spring so we can get out for walks 2 times a day while the big kids are in school! I did buy a workout game for the xbox kinect though.

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

January 21st, 2014, 06:48 AM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH and I go to the gym 3 nights a week. Usually I take Logan with me in his stroller. We walk around the track for a while, and if the gym isn't busy I just park his stroller next to the machines while I work out. If it is busy and too many people milling around, we just walk while DH works out and then when he is done, he walks with baby so I can work out. Sometimes my mom or his will offer to take the baby so we can go without him.
sweety_pie and Grlsshp9 like this.
January 21st, 2014, 10:23 AM
Grlsshp9's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't, I need to, but dang I get limited free time and exercise isn't first on my list when I get it.

January 21st, 2014, 12:22 PM
Laurenj915's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyrae03 View Post
DH and I go to the gym 3 nights a week. Usually I take Logan with me in his stroller. We walk around the track for a while, and if the gym isn't busy I just park his stroller next to the machines while I work out. If it is busy and too many people milling around, we just walk while DH works out and then when he is done, he walks with baby so I can work out. Sometimes my mom or his will offer to take the baby so we can go without him.
I can't believe your gym lets you have child there. Midwesterners are so nice!

DH broke my treadmill (and his toe) yesterday while moving it. So I guess I will be finding a dvd to do now. I don't leave the house without Tessa because when I come back DH will just tell me how she cried the entire time. And the makes me really mad at him for not being able to handle her.
jennyrae03 likes this.

January 21st, 2014, 12:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Dh is wonderful and watches Henry three times a week while I work out. I do 2 x 20 min sessions on the rowing machine and take a 2 hr ballet class 1xper week. It is my "me" time.
January 26th, 2014, 07:58 AM
Julie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurenj915 View Post

DH broke my treadmill (and his toe) yesterday while moving it. So I guess I will be finding a dvd to do now. I don't leave the house without Tessa because when I come back DH will just tell me how she cried the entire time. And the makes me really mad at him for not being able to handle her.
sorry that I'm taking the thread in a different direction but I had to comment. Lauren, I totally get you. I will need to be out of the house from five till midnight on tuesdays but Josh really needs to nurse to get to sleep for the night and the bottle just doesn't put him to sleep. My SO will try a tiny bit to stop him crying, but he gives up pretty quick so I know that my poor baby will be crying himself to sleep every tuesday night until May. Anyway, as far as exercise goes, I use my elliptical and I do crunches and free weights. I do it whenever josh naps. my two and a half year old is just in the other room playing or watching tv.

January 26th, 2014, 10:54 AM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurenj915 View Post

It's the local YMCA - they're pretty family friendly. They do have a daycare service but you can't take your child there until they are 6 months old, so for now he just hangs out with me in the stroller!
January 26th, 2014, 12:48 PM
Leah
^^ that's awesome. I wonder if the local one here would be so accommodating.

No exercise for me currently, though I'd like to. I'm sure SO would watch him no problem, but he already does a bunch during the week while I work so I hate to give any more time up right now. He'sgetting better with the stroller so wwalks may be something we will start once we're moved, settled, with time.

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump
January 26th, 2014, 01:12 PM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
Yes! I want to go to the park with her and whatnot.....
but its like 10 degrees..

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search