How's your sex life....

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 20th, 2014, 09:30 PM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
Since baby?

Come on ladies, spill it!

Mine sucks. We have done it twice since baby, and one of those times we got interrupted by her crying so had to stop halfway through.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)

Last edited by joonzgurl; January 20th, 2014 at 09:54 PM.
January 20th, 2014, 09:44 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Sex life? What is this strange thing that you speak of?

I think we've had sex...twice? Maybe once. Maybe none. I know the last time didn't work. I was just too tired. I'm up at 5 AM every day, and he stays up till 2 and sleeps later. If you are trying to have sex at midnight, it will just not work.

Wait, it was twice. One worked, the other did not. Does that count as twice? It was weird. We've been married going on 9 years, and the only other time it didn't work was when we were TTC #2. Sex every day fatigue. Maybe this is sex never out of shape.

Three on Earth and seven in Heaven. Hoping to get knocked up in 2016. Sometimes.

http://arwenart.com
January 20th, 2014, 10:53 PM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
Meh. Could be worse. Needs to get better. We're at once a week, which was what we were at before we got preggo since it's always hurt! It's hard cause I'm so tired and by the time she does go down I want to do other stuff It's getting there...slowly...
Grlsshp9 likes this.
January 21st, 2014, 04:44 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are at least once a week, but it sucks because when baby goes to bed I just wanna relax, NO ONE hanging off me touching me. Me time is hard to get! lol Blahh, it will get better again though.

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

January 21st, 2014, 11:01 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweety_pie View Post
We are at least once a week, but it sucks because when baby goes to bed I just wanna relax, NO ONE hanging off me touching me. Me time is hard to get! lol Blahh, it will get better again though.
Exactly. I've never been overly fond of being touched, but lately it's 10 times worse. Don't give me more than a peck on the lips, I don't want to be hugged, I don't want to hold hands, and you know what? Don't even look at me. I'm tired.

Since DD3 was born, it's been like this:

October - sick, sick, sick, sick, ....Halloween.....
November - sick, sick, sick, not sick, Thanksgiving, SICK
December - sick, sick, not sick, Christmas....
January - New Years, SICK.

We are sick like ALL THE TIME. It's getting ridiculous. DD1 had this thing on her arm that I thought just might be a ring worm, but now she has a fever and is all lethargic so it may be an abscess or something. Or the flu with a ring worm. DR will say this afternoon, but seriously, AGAIN? Sick again? Ugh! And DH has the nerve to want sex sometimes? He's lucky he hasn't been punched in the face.
Cccbb61013 likes this.

Three on Earth and seven in Heaven. Hoping to get knocked up in 2016. Sometimes.

http://arwenart.com
January 21st, 2014, 11:21 AM
Grlsshp9's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ours is good we do it at least once a week, Nick expects more like at least 3 times which is unrealistic with a baby and frankly I don't want to do it at night when she goes to bed because I have to wake up with her and I feel like I'm losing sleep, because I am!

January 21st, 2014, 12:35 PM
BelloFiglioLA's Avatar LAH * CLH
Oh sex....those were the gold ol' days.

Ours is seriously lacking. We've had the whole baby crying and ruining it thing too. Basically Camden doesn't go down for good until Midnight. He sleeps in a co-sleeper beside my bed, in my room. DH stays up later and has his own room so it's pretty difficult at the moment. (He snores horribly, separate bedrooms isn't because we don't like each other )

January 21st, 2014, 01:13 PM
Laurenj915's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I told DH we could have sex as many days a week as he wants as long as it is during nap time. It seems silly but at night I am so freaked out about losing precious sleep I am not totally present. That has been working out since he is home during the day. I am with the girls about being touched though. With a very needy toddler and a baby, I really like my personal space.
Grlsshp9 likes this.

January 21st, 2014, 01:53 PM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
Ohhh ditto on that! I'll hold hands during the day and cuddle on the couch as long as I can cross stitch or something lol.
I had to tell Dh to stop pressuring me for sex or he would not get it at all. Like, dude, I'm tired and I'm trying - dont ruin what chances you have.

Soo happy I'm not alone!
~Momma*2011~ and Grlsshp9 like this.
January 21st, 2014, 07:14 PM
Super Mommy
We have this same convo all the time. I am tired. Really tired.
January 21st, 2014, 07:43 PM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Uhh...I am so not in the mood for sex. Like ever. We do it like 2-3 times a week, but 100% of the time that's me umm..."finishing" him in a real big hurry because I just want to get it over with. I have zero sex drive since baby was born. I'm blaming it on the breast feeding.
sweety_pie and Grlsshp9 like this.
January 21st, 2014, 09:26 PM
Cccbb61013's Avatar Veteran
Twice for us. I hate my body. His isn't too great either. We've totally let ourselves go. It's not sexy, it's embarrassing. He's been losing weight for a while & now since the holidays are over, I've decided to join him. Plus we've never used protection (got pregnant twice with clomid) except right after my pregnancies. I've used birth control once & it destroyed my non existent sex drive. So no BC for me, but even though the chances are small, I don't want to get pregnant right now. So condoms it is. Condoms suck. And they smell gross. So weird feeling, weird smelling, fat sex? No thanks!

January 22nd, 2014, 07:24 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We get to it a few times a week.
It's just a mater of, does baby a bit in the evening and give us a chance.
January 22nd, 2014, 08:44 AM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Going strong!!! Although this is the first postpartum I've had where I've felt super human. I'm usually so exhausted and just want sleep, never have any energy, depressed, etc. I feel GREAT this time. It's really weird but I'm super grateful! We are 5-6 times a week. Of course, dh is a seasonal worker and has been home for the last week so that makes things easier.

January 22nd, 2014, 10:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Henry wants to be held all the time, and especially when he's sleeping, so it doesn't leave much time for dtd. We're at like three times since H was born. I wish it was more, but it's so hard to get time alone with this super needy baby, and when we do get to it it's because the baby is sleeping deeply and we can get a few mins before he wakes up. Right now it's all about baby, but if things are still like this at 6 months all bets are off and Henry will need to learn to sleep on his own!
January 22nd, 2014, 10:27 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think we have done it three times since he was born...and those were only with him begging. I get freaked out since I am not charting and he still hasn't called about the big V so I have been taking pregnancy tests two weeks after we dtd each time lol.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

January 22nd, 2014, 02:09 PM
Leah
Needs to get better here. Between the nugget in bed and work schedules, our sex life is needing work. My drive is better than during pregnancy - nonexistent drive for me then - but it's still not back to pre-pregnancy. SO's patience is wonderful, though I know it's driving him nuts. It's just hard to feel sexy when I barely have time to shave my legs, ya know?

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump
January 23rd, 2014, 09:24 AM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
We have sex everyday or every second day we don't go more then a day but we have always been bunnies lol

After 13 1/2 years and 5 kids we still hump like bunnies lol
Karrara 9 1/2 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 07/1/06, Kayda 6 1/2 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 1 10/10/13

January 23rd, 2014, 01:19 PM
~Momma*2011~'s Avatar I love my little girl!!
UMMMM, I wish I could say that it's good but it's been majorly lacking for all the above mentioned reasons.

Poor DH, he's patient but also running out of patience. I still feel gross and never in the mood because I'd rather sleep.

January 24th, 2014, 12:02 PM
Grlsshp9's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm completely with the whole "pushing it" thing, Nick has actually threatened to end our relationship if I don't initiate sex during the week and if we don't do it more, he obviously is not a sympathetic person. & if he had it his way we would do it every day, but that's not how I work!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search