With tax returns drawing near...

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 27th, 2014, 09:00 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Anyone planning something fun? Luckily, we haven't had to pay since we had children so we can normally do a little something fun with the girls. This year we are driving up to Hot Springs for a few days. I hoping to entice DH into considering a move to the Ozarks. We were wanting to move to Washington State(someplace I've always wanted to be), but one of the big draws for that was we had good friends there. Now they've left that state and moved back here. Hot Springs and that area would only be about a 7 hour drive from family and friends. And there are people we know there. I hate starting over finding friends.

Other than that, we are replacing our stupid dishwasher. Not fun at all.

So what are your plans?

3 on Earth and 7 in Heaven NTNP for #4 and doing the boy diet till!
http://arwenart.com
January 27th, 2014, 09:44 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We will do all kinds, we always get a nice bit back as we have the kids as well and I'm a SAHM. We will pay bills (not fun lol) and buy some stuff we will need soon, highchair for baby, new carseat, etc.

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

January 27th, 2014, 10:22 AM
~Momma*2011~'s Avatar I love my little girl!!
Basically pay bills and now with 2 kids we'll have a extra bit to spend on us. Maybe DH and I will go out to dinner.... hmmmm I've forgotten what that's like. LOL

January 27th, 2014, 10:25 AM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
Uhh...nothing fun here lol. We just bought a new bedroom set..so we're going to pay off all our credit cards and Dh's car.
All our fun is planned for when we move cross country in the middle of the year - giannnttt road trip!
January 27th, 2014, 10:58 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
Basically just paying off bills. I will buy Soph her new car seat though.

Jamie age 37-Single mommy and loving life
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
January 27th, 2014, 11:55 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Paying the last couple months of DDs preschool tuition, savings and saving the rest for Disney later this year.
January 27th, 2014, 12:19 PM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nothing...we pay in a **** ton of taxes every year because DH is self employed as a farmer. We don't get money back! Lol
January 27th, 2014, 01:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We're boring and put extra money into our mortgage to pay it down faster. Woo hoo.
January 27th, 2014, 03:20 PM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DH is getting a motorcycle. We have been a one car family since October 2012 so we are FINALLY getting a 2nd way of transportation and I get my van back! woohoo! Dh's work is literally 1 mile away so it hasn't been too bad with having one car, but still.

Then some will go to credit cards to get them paid off and the rest will go to savings to move to Florida, hopefully by the summer.

Sometime after all that's done I'd like to trade in the van for an Acadia. I want my SUV back, I miss them.

January 27th, 2014, 03:53 PM
Laurenj915's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Adding a garage/crossfit gym on to our house. The contractor is coming to give us a quote tomorrow. We have most of it saved already but the tax return will put us over the edge and we will be able to do it. It will be so nice to have storage that is not the corner of the livingroom or half of Tessa's bedroom.

I will be happy for DH to have his crossfit gym too. He can put all his football and firefighter stuff out there and I won't have his gigantic framed college football jersey in my hallway anymore. I keep telling him football and firefighter memorbillia is mancave decor only.

January 27th, 2014, 04:31 PM
SierraWinter's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wish we were getting money back, pretty sure we're gonna owe
January 28th, 2014, 06:52 PM
Super Mommy
We will pay for the boys summer camp. Any left after that will go into the home addition fund. We are planning on adding a room on to the back of the house, like a family/play room.
January 28th, 2014, 08:03 PM
Leah
Quote:
Then some will go to credit cards to get them paid off and the rest will go to savings to move to Florida, hopefully by the summer.
This is a very florida DDC.

I'm not sure there will be much fun with mine. Property taxes first thing, then some home improvement stuff because were finally moving into my house. Savings. SO's vehicle fund too hopefully. We're pulling off this one car thing as long as possible and doing ok, but it'll be nice to have two.

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump
January 29th, 2014, 10:07 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are getting quite a bit back, but we're putting it all towards debt and savings. We're paying off our last credit card (woohoo!), paying off the back taxes on the land we're inheriting, and the rest is going into our 'we may be getting out of the Army in November' savings account.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

January 29th, 2014, 02:10 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I want to go to Disney! One day, hopefully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Corinthians10:4 View Post
We are getting quite a bit back, but we're putting it all towards debt and savings. We're paying off our last credit card (woohoo!), paying off the back taxes on the land we're inheriting, and the rest is going into our 'we may be getting out of the Army in November' savings account.
We always have a credit card to pay off first thing. That's our plan for almost every Christmas, put it all on the card and pay for it with taxes! Then we keep it paid off till September or so. Seems like everyone has a birthday at the end of the year!

3 on Earth and 7 in Heaven NTNP for #4 and doing the boy diet till!
http://arwenart.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search