Sleep....where are you??

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 17th, 2014, 04:30 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Omg I'm so tired, since about 4 months Christian has went from sleeping 8-9 hours to waking every 2-3 hours. He's almost 5 months now, when does this end?? lol He wakes to be fed 3 times a night, I'm trying my hardest to hold off on solids (gave it to my other 2 much younger) because all I'm hearing is wait until 6 months, But I'm tempted to try it soon. Maybe hes extra hungry now and needs something else.

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

February 17th, 2014, 06:04 AM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hear you...Logan was sleeping typically 6-7 hours in his first stretch at night, and now that we put him in his crib, he's up every 2 hours, 3 if we are lucky. It's definitely a big change for us and is making us kind of grumpy! And he's only 3.5 months! Blah, I think I have a ways to go before this changes for the better!
February 17th, 2014, 06:46 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Lily has been doing that, but it got better. I suddenly noticed she was extra long last night. Growth spurt? She is the size of a kid at 6+ months now. Normally I tell my 6'4" husband that all of our girls look normal next to him. They feel huge next to me. Not Lily. Lily looks huge next to DH. But anyway, she's been waking up a lot till 3-4 AM and then sleeping till 10 or so. Slowly getting longer.

3 on Earth and 7 in Heaven Hoping to get knocked up in 2016...sometimes.
http://arwenart.com
February 17th, 2014, 07:21 AM
Grlsshp9's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That exact thing started happening to me when Miah was almost 5 months, it's probably 4 month sleep regression, look it up and see if he fits the criteria. It doesn't last long.

February 17th, 2014, 08:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Henry had this too, from about 3 months to just recently (he's 4 m 1 w), now he's sleeping a bit longer again, but it's not perfect.
February 17th, 2014, 08:56 AM
This has been happening now for at least 2 weeks I was thinking the sleep regression thing. Ugh its old now!! LOL

February 17th, 2014, 10:32 AM
MrsPea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh man Doug is always up 2-3 times a night, he's only gone 6 hours once! What do you do to get them to sleep longer?

February 17th, 2014, 12:35 PM
Laurenj915's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think sometimes they start sleeping better when they start rolling over to their tummy. Also, putting my shirt (the one I have been wearing all day) in the crib really helps for us. If tessa wakes up a bit in the middle of the night and smells my shirt she goes back to sleep. I guess she thinks I am there. Sawyer has two of my tshirts that he still sleeps with and he is two. They are like blankies to him now.
sweety_pie likes this.

February 17th, 2014, 01:28 PM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
Phoebe just got over that. It lasted for months because she got sick and blah blah blah.
We just swaddled again, but now she really wants to sleep on her side so when unswaddled I let her. It was hard and if you feel he's ready then go for it But it will get better!
February 17th, 2014, 02:20 PM
Cccbb61013's Avatar Veteran
As you know, I started Brady on solids but he's still doing something similar. I don't know if solids would really help. He has been sleeping 8-9 hours for the longest time. Now he's averaging 4-6 hours. One night it was 2 hours & was up a 1/2 hour after I went to sleep! Last night we were up at 4am & he had a fever some I'm thinking the past couple & the next couple nights will be because he's not feeling well.

February 17th, 2014, 04:01 PM
fancypants27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lexi is still waking every 3 hours.... she has never slept longer than 5 hours - and that was 5 times total. i'm beat.

February 17th, 2014, 08:52 PM
SierraWinter's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Natania goes to bed around 8-9pm, sleeps straight through till 6-730am. She's been doing this since before Christmas. Unfortunately I have a head cold and now she's acting off, like she is fighting it and has woken up the last few nights coughing and really reflux'y.... I have to nurse her for about 30 minutes to get her to go back to sleep.
February 19th, 2014, 05:59 AM
Ohhhhh when does this get better!! LOL Mommy is DYING here, for real!!

Last night he must have woken every 15 mins until 6:30 at which point 7 I need to get up and get the kids off to school. HELP MEE!! LOL

February 19th, 2014, 08:16 AM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh man, that sounds awful!! When do these kids start sleeping "normally?"

I'm feeling pretty beat over here too...Logan is still up every 2 hours, sometimes sooner. I discovered that even though he starts crying, and settles down with a bottle, that I don't think he is actually hungry? I think he just eats because we give it to him. He is capable of sleeping for 6-8 hours at night, so obviously he is capable of going that long without a bottle. If he wakes up crying at night and I move him to my bed, he immediately goes right back to sleep (no matter how long it has been since his last bottle). Therefore I don't think he is waking up/crying because he is hungry - so I'm going to have to try and find some other way to soothe him and get him back to sleep, without him staying in my bed...tricky.
February 19th, 2014, 08:51 AM
I WISH Christian would sleep in my bed even lol
jennyrae03 likes this.

February 19th, 2014, 10:28 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
Me too lady!!! No advice but some compassion Somebody aught to tell our babies that happy mommies mean happier babies!
February 23rd, 2014, 12:32 PM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
William is doing the same thing. He was consistently sleeping 4-6 hours to start the night with. Now he's up every 2 hours all darn night.
I know it's not for hunger. Half the time he falls back asleep after a few minutes of nursing.
Hoping things get better at night soon!
February 23rd, 2014, 02:51 PM
Still not better here, sad to say! lol Seems to have gotten WORSE if thats possible! I'm getting about 4-5 hours of broken sleep, and NO mommy time before bed!

February 23rd, 2014, 08:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yep, this hit this week. I thought it was better, well, that lasted a day. Now he's up every two hours crying until 4 am then it's every hour. It can take 30-45 mins to get him back to sleep so I am getting no sleep. Plus during the day he only sleeps for 44 mins at a time and recently this has been only about 30 mins. I'm dying. I feel your pain. Arg!!
February 24th, 2014, 05:55 AM
Yep, still going through it here, will it ever get better! lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search