Has baby been sick yet?

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 22nd, 2014, 10:14 PM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
Dawsyn is sick right now. Thankfully not too sick thanks to my antibodies, but quite snotty.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
February 23rd, 2014, 03:53 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are dealing with a cold here now too, hes really snotty and stuffy. He had his first cold when he was about 2 months old. That's about it though thank god!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}

Forever missing my Mom...
February 23rd, 2014, 05:40 AM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Can I refuse to answer on the grounds that I don't want to jinx myself?

No, he hasn't been sick yet. I keep thinking he's going to one of these days but it hasn't happened yet. **knock on wood**
February 23rd, 2014, 11:19 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
W has had a couple colds. I guess it's inevitable when his brother and sister bring home colds from school. :/

My other two were not sick until much older. I guess because they were home with me and didn't have school aged siblings!
February 23rd, 2014, 11:33 AM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
Ugh yes at 2 months. She had just gotten her shots so we think she picked it up there at the peds. Ended up in the ER since our ped sucks and there is no way to call them. She was fine though We love that Nose Frida though!
February 23rd, 2014, 02:26 PM
fancypants27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yup, she's had a cold come and go for the last 2 months

February 23rd, 2014, 04:15 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Lily missed her two month shots at two months(got them at three months). So one of the vaccinations--Rotavirus--arrived a month too late. I was ticked. My dad brought it to us, and I ended up in the hospital I was so dehydrated. Luckily, everyone else barely felt it. Lily still had to feel the tummy pains, though. Other than that, she had what I could swear was some asthma early on due to being around 3rd hand smoke.
February 23rd, 2014, 09:19 PM
Cccbb61013's Avatar Veteran
Although I got two different diagnosis' from two different doctor, I've made my own diagnosis that Brady had the stomach flu at 1 week. Heartbreaking. He had another cold just after Christmas which I don't even really remember since I have the worst memory ever (my mom brought it up the other day & I do remember being mad at my inlaws for guilting me into a visit which ended up getting my kids sick hehe). And we were both sick last week, my first one of the season! And I gave it to him ;(. It was a weird one though. I'd be perfectly fine for a few hours, then really achy & sore throat. Then fine. Then bad. Night time was the worst & it seemed to be the same deal for Brady. Luckily it didn't last long.

February 24th, 2014, 07:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yep, Henry got a cold about two weeks ago. Turned into mild asthma and we had to use a puffer for him, that was fun...not! Also, I tried using the nose frida, but he freaked when I used it and it made him puke a couple of times so I didn't use it much. He finally seems to be over it. *knock on wood* I had to get a chest xray though to make sure it wasn't pneumonia (it wasn't), and they put him in this weird baby torture tube, thankfully he didn't cry too much. Hopefully there's nothing more for a little while.
February 24th, 2014, 07:08 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
Sophie had a cold about a month ago. Just snotty and a little cough. Thankfully it was short lived. The rest of the house had the flu, so I am very thankful that she was just slightly sick.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
February 25th, 2014, 02:20 PM
Christian has been sick twice with colds...so much for that breastfeeding immunity. Nothing serious though...just a nuisance!
February 25th, 2014, 11:22 PM
SierraWinter's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH and I are just getting over colds that have had us sick for two weeks....I'm shocked and very thankful that Natania has caught it. She gets really snotty from her reflux, I love love love this thing: Graco NasalClear Nasal Aspirator - Free Shipping
February 26th, 2014, 03:56 AM
Proud mommy!
A couple of colds with cough and yucky nose. The first was a week after starting daycare, so she was 11 weeks. She has one now

February 26th, 2014, 12:19 PM
"Shay-see"
Dealing with his first one. He probably got it at daycare. It's sort of inevitable, but they have to build their immune systems sometime, might as well start early.

He has been doing pretty well. I was ready to give him baby tylenol but then he broke the fever on his own before it got past 101. One down many to go. That's life.

February 26th, 2014, 02:20 PM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jude got sick around a month old with a cold. Thankfully it didn't last long and he hasn't been sick again since even despite us not feeling 100% here and there. Hopefully that means he got immune system vs. dh's.

February 26th, 2014, 04:42 PM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
Ugh I think phe and I are now getting sick again. Sniffles for both of us and small fevers I think.
February 27th, 2014, 04:20 PM
Super Mommy
he had a cold and the stomach virus
February 28th, 2014, 09:08 PM
MrsPea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
At the end of January my mom kissed Doug on the lips and he got stuffy after that, then I got a bad head cold, which I passed on to DH. We both got it worse then Doug, thanks Mom!

The worst part was him waking up with post nasal drip. Poor guy usually wakes up with a huge grin and that week it was in tears.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search