Waking up every 3 hours still...am I alone?

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 25th, 2014, 02:18 PM
Just wondering if anyone else's little ones are still waking up all night. Christian still wakes up every 3 hours to eat. He had a few nights of going longer and then was back to every 3 hours again. I think maybe I need to feed him more during the day?
February 25th, 2014, 02:24 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
My first child did that or worse till she was 14 months old. She was up every hour when she started to need real food, but giving her that only extended her sleep an hour or two. It was horrible! Some babies just seem to be night owls.

DD2 was inconsistent with her sleep till around months. 6-7 months, I seem to remember her finally giving me a full nights sleep on a daily basis.

DD3 is still waking up at least once, and I don't expect a real full night's sleep for another month or two.

Could he be teething maybe? Or maybe hungry?
February 25th, 2014, 02:54 PM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are last night was pretty bad. Good nights it's only one wake up. Usual nights it's 2. Last night was 3. Ugh. I'm wondering if it's teeth too since he's been drooling out the wazoo and gnawing on his hand non stop. He's pleasant otherwise though.

I thought formula babies were supposed to sleep better?

February 25th, 2014, 03:34 PM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
Blah. Here too. We were getting 5 hours then 2 + 2. Now its 2...3...1...ughhh. During the week I'm the only one doing night shift too.
I think teething it making it much much much worse.
February 25th, 2014, 03:47 PM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was just reading online how babies at 4+ months SHOULD be able to go 8 hours at night without a feeding. That's not saying they won't wake up, but they aren't necessarily hungry. I realized this is the case with Logan. He will wake himself up and had trouble getting back to sleep. At first I thought he was hungry, but he kept falling asleep halfway through his bottle. I discovered he wasn't hungry at all, just wasn't able to soothe himself back to sleep.

Now that I figured that out, he will sleep anywhere from 6-9 hours without waking up. Granted, to get him to stay asleep I usually have to put him in my bed, but...
February 25th, 2014, 05:09 PM
fancypants27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lexi is still waking every 3 hours.

February 25th, 2014, 05:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ha, three hours would be a dream, we're between 1 and 2 hours. 4 month sleep regression is kicking my butt...
February 25th, 2014, 05:44 PM
Cccbb61013's Avatar Veteran
For the most part Brady sleeps through the night. We've had a couple of off nights in the last month (sleep regression or teeth??). But his sleeping habits during the day drive me nuts. I held him while he napped today & he slept for an hour. It was amazing. He only sleeps for 20 min at the most most days. I've been keeping track of his eating habits because I know the doctor is going to ask & they've been so weird I'm just going to tell him the total he averages a day. But he's been drinking 2oz every hour or 2 like a newborn. Then he'll pop in with a 4-8oz here or there. It's weird. I don't know how it gets him through the night but it normally does. The day? I'm right there with you.

February 25th, 2014, 07:20 PM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OMG Don't even get me started on this. Christian used to sleep 7-9 hours a night 2 months until 4 months. 4 months came and OMG the kid never sleeps. 3 times awake in one night would be a DREAMMMM!! Our night goes like this, get him in bed by 10:30 usually sometimes 11 (after rocking him for almost an hour ) then until about 12 he will wake every 15 mins or so, and i have to go give him his paci, and touch his hand until he drifts off again. By 1-2 he will finally sleep decent ( I think, either that or I'm so used to getting up I don't notice.) 4-5 comes and he wakes SCREAMING, every night, never fails, so i feed him, cuddle him, rock him, and he will drift off and wake every 10-15 mins until 6 when he passes out solid. Then 7 rolls around and its time to get up with the older kids. This has been going on for the past month and only seems to be getting worse rather then better. I'm at a loss, and ready to pull all my hair out. Its almost 12 here now and he hasn't slept longer then 20 mins at a time since he went down 9:30

Oh and I'd GLADLY co-sleeps, did it with my other 2 best kind. BUT this baby will NOT sleep in a bed with me, in fact he screams as if I'm hurting him when I lay him next to me or on my chest. He fell asleep in my arms today and I just let him sleep, I started drifting off sitting up, so I tried to lay down a little with him on me, he woke up crying within 2 mins. JUST doesn't want mommy to sleep?!?! What else could it be?!?!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

February 25th, 2014, 09:10 PM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
We are still up a lot too. Cosleeping and nursing laying down are my best friends.

My first didn't sleep longer than 2-3 hours until 16 months as well.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
February 26th, 2014, 05:31 AM
I wish Christian would take a pacifier to settle himself back down. He does nurse and seems very hungry when he wakes up. He is in the pack and play next to me...maybe it is uncomfortable too.

He is teething - has 2 teeth already!

Man I miss my sleep!!
February 26th, 2014, 05:55 AM
What's his symptoms of teething? I'm curious whats going on with my Christian lol

February 26th, 2014, 07:35 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
Sophia is up 2x a night now. It used to be one. For some reason I don't really mind though. She is still a better sleeper that I am. I have horrible sleep patterns and always will I guess.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
February 26th, 2014, 10:06 AM
~Momma*2011~'s Avatar I love my little girl!!
Carter was sleeping better before he hit 4 month. Then the 4 month sleep regression hit and he sleeps like crap. Most nights it's 4 hours then every 2 after that. He's getting better at self soothing and being laid down awake. So that's a step in the right direction.

Carter is eating his fists ALL the time, he sucks on them so loudly too. Thinking this little man is teething and it might be the reason for wake ups.... we shall see.

February 26th, 2014, 10:46 AM
Christian has his hands in his mouth constantly. He also drools Not sure which teeth are next but I'm sure more are on their way...my other kids were teething non stop for te first year..ugh
February 26th, 2014, 10:52 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Atlas goes to bed at about 9:00 then wakes up at about 1 and 4 to eat. He was sleeping throughout the night until he was about 2.5 months though.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

February 26th, 2014, 10:59 AM
"Shay-see"
We're all pretty solidly in 4-month sleep regression territory, so this is normal and transient, right?

...right? right???

mizza411 likes this.
February 26th, 2014, 03:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasaidh View Post
We're all pretty solidly in 4-month sleep regression territory, so this is normal and transient, right?

...right? right???

Ack! It better be!!!!!
February 26th, 2014, 05:23 PM
Hope so
February 27th, 2014, 03:04 AM
I hope so too! But is it supposed to last over a month??!?!?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search