What would you do....

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 10th, 2014, 07:27 PM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
So we have the ball this friday from 6-12-ish. It's going to be an hour away from our town. A friend has offered to babysit and they have babysat for us 2x now for about 2-4 hours each time. We can also just pay for babysitting at the ball for about 70-100$ total.
I just dont know how I feel about having her so far away. If something happened that's an hour drive with no traffic and I know there will be over a thousand people there.
But then again Idk who will be watching her at the ball or how many kids will be there.
what would you do? I have enough milk and she's a lot better about crying - but I want to have fun since this is a big night too and not be stressed. I kind of am leaning towards the daycare but dh is all for the friends to watch her.
We're not too close to these people btw and when I told them ONLY bananas they fed her apple stuff so I'm a little like "what else will they give her?" and with my allergies lord on knows how she might react
March 10th, 2014, 10:08 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I would have personally flipped my lid about the apples since they can trigger really bad reflux when babies are on the newer side. Lily had it horribly for 48 hours when I just drank apple juice a couple months ago. I still haven't had more than a couple apple slices since. Maybe something about the pectin in there? No idea why it happens.

I don't know what exactly I'd do in this situation. I know the feeling. The only sitter available here is my mom, and she's just past the age to keep children now. In an emergency, I guess I would go with my traditional-parenting mother, but since a ball isn't an emergency, I would be more inclined to bring the baby to the daycare. But a room full of strangers watching my child is not a guarantee that the daycare situation would be any better than my mother. I don't know about your child, but ours has developed stranger danger so the daycare would suck for us.

My husband has presented a third choice, and he says that it would be his only choice, of keeping the baby with you. I told him it wasn't an option, and he insists you keep the baby at the ball. Cause that's what he would do, and it really is. He trusts no one with our kids.

Last edited by Spyctre; March 10th, 2014 at 10:09 PM. Reason: JM made one HUGE paragraph
March 11th, 2014, 05:47 PM
Ugh I am so upset. Apparently we have no choice.We have to leave her intown because we needed to turn the money in yesterday although no one told us that. Dh and I decided we'll just tell them we've given her her food for the day. I'm so nervous though And I would bring her but this is a fancy event and I dont think she should be there and possibly cry the whole time.It'll be okay hopefully - I'm just a worrywart
March 11th, 2014, 06:23 PM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not sure what I would do either, I hate to leave my little ones with anyone lol I'd say in the past 10 years I've left mine a handful of times lol I'm a big sook though.

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

March 11th, 2014, 09:18 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
You're not a worrywart. I wouldn't want to go with my children, and I wouldn't want to leave them. I can't wait till they are older so we can go out on dates again.
March 12th, 2014, 07:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That is so frustrating. Could you remove or hide foods that you wouldn't want her eating for a little piece of mind? Also, maybe even though there was a cut off they'll make an exception if you plead your case? Most people would accommodate if they know that you are interested. I would have brought him with me and checked in every hour or so.
March 12th, 2014, 09:02 AM
Ditto on the older part. I never thought it would be so hard to be away from her. It really is like missing a part of myself right now And no it's definitely too late... I think it'll be fine hopefully. They like Phoebe and know how to handle her when she gets...well...you know. I'm just finding reasons not to leave her I think. lol
March 12th, 2014, 10:04 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
I'm sure she will be fine, but I understand completely. It's probably harder on you than it will be on her. That's how it always went with my kids.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
March 12th, 2014, 12:41 PM
Leah
Maybe just stress that she cannot have certain foods, other than those you've said are allowed, per her doctor's orders. Tell them she gets acidy or something and it can make her feel horrible.

I get it. We've gone out without Logster a few times, but always close. Being an hour away is probably compounding the stress...but we all will probably have to do it at some point. Try to have fun.

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search