Feeling Blah.

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 23rd, 2014, 12:17 AM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
I am just in a bad place lately and I figured I can vent here.I've wanted to be a doctor for a long time. Long time. Then I started working and figured PA would be fine too - better hours.
Now it looks like I won't even start on my bachelor's degree till I'm 25 due to us moving to the middle of nowhere (the nearest school will be 90 miles!).
I know it's not a bad age - but all my friends are graduating and I'm at home with the baby. I love it - I do, but it is just not what I pictured and I really love school and learning and I'm just at a point where I have to go to it and can't do anymore online.
I'm in two classes - but I don't even want to do those anymore I'm doing the bare minimum to get an A (or even a B) and just ignoring it till last minute.
I can't talk to Dh - he feels guilty enough for dragging me away from civilization lol. And my family just goes "Well, you're doing the best and enjoy it."
I do. But I'm still upset.
April 23rd, 2014, 03:55 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Try being 30 and still not having done anything but raise babies!!

But seriously though, I know exactly how you feel. I can't wait to get my feet wet into some college work and "grow up" and get a job. Sure I've loved staying home raising my babies but I want to do something more.

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

April 23rd, 2014, 09:31 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Ditto. I feel like that at 32! I wish I tried harder to stay in school before babies. I know teaching and being a commissioned artist is kinda neat, but I just imagined adulthood being a bit grander than stuck at home most of the time with 3 kids, 1 of which is going to be with us forever. Plans for old age and travel are gone. DH can't go back to school cause he's the breadwinner, and I can't yet because the girls are so young.

Lately my life is a mess of first world problems!

Three on Earth and seven in Heaven. Hoping to get knocked up in 2016. Sometimes.

http://arwenart.com
April 23rd, 2014, 10:23 PM
Yep - I knew I wanted a child before school since mine will take me forever and I don't mind watching her...but it's the moving to the middle of nowhere with no opportunities and my family telling me this is all I should do. They make me feel guilty for even wanting something different - like I don't love her if I want to put her in daycare
April 24th, 2014, 04:24 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can't put my babies in daycare, thats why I'm still sat here doing nothing lol I will have to raise him until hes off to school at 5, thats just the way I am lol Then I will have raised all 3 of mine until school Never missed a thing. I'm planning on registering for one online course come sept/jan just to get my feet wet, and a full program of office administration maybe a year or 2 after that so it will line up with Christian going to school when I go to work.

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

April 24th, 2014, 10:45 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I wish DD2 could be in daycare. She's so social. She would love it. But it's too expensive.

Three on Earth and seven in Heaven. Hoping to get knocked up in 2016. Sometimes.

http://arwenart.com
April 24th, 2014, 06:27 PM
Cccbb61013's Avatar Veteran
I never went to school & totally regret it. I was more into partying. & making out with DH haha. When we finally settled down we decided that DH should go to school (he never went either. Guess he was into making out with me!), I would be the bread winner & he would work part time & full time as he was able. After he graduated, I would go to school. Well we got married, DH did graduate with a pretty worthless degree & at that point we had bills so didn't have the money for me to go & we had our first baby the month after he graduated. About a year later he got a job in a different field & started making more money a week then we ever saw combined in a month or more. At that point being young & not having major bills, we had more money then we knew what to do with so I became a SAHM. Fast forward 5 years later with houses & expensive cars & student loan payments, it's definitely not as much money as it was back then & I could kick myself for nit going to school. I'm 32 now & if I could do anything (offered at a local school) it would be PA. But at my age with my babies & DH's work schedule, I know I could never do it. It sounds like you can. I look back now at being 25 (which I'm sure I will do to 32 when I'm 40) & realize the world was mine for the taking. I just wish I would have. Get your degree at all costs. 25 is sooo young. It will be one if the best decisions you ever make. Even if you need to take some time off for yourself. As long as you keep with it, no matter how long it takes. At least you have already started. It's really hard to get started or "restart" once you're older unfortunately. Good luck & good job!

April 25th, 2014, 12:26 AM
Oh wow thank-you so much! I just have had to drop out once already and now it seems like I have to again due to moving it's just so frustrating. I know I'm young - but it seems like forever away!You still have time though! I think my father was in his early 30s before getting his degree and he has his masters. At least your school is local

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search