Dangerous things?

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Laurenj915

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 24th, 2014, 05:18 PM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
Anyone finding some dangerous things for baby? Things that might have been safe previously?

Yesterday Phe got a MAM paci stuck in her mouth! I don't think she noticed, but I am going to throw it out since it was a 0-6 month one. And today she got her thumb stuck in a soothie paci...so that's gone too.
April 25th, 2014, 04:35 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
No problems like that, but DD1 used to get caught in the bed rails constantly. Poor chubby little legs would be wedged, and it was bumper pads that were "the problem." lol
April 25th, 2014, 07:09 AM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well I evidently need to baby proof sooner than I anticipated! Last night I had Logan laying on his tummy on a blanket near the couch, with his feet near the couch and head towards the tv. I went to the kitchen for a glass of water, and when I came back he had turned himself around and was eating the cord to my breast pump, which was sitting on the floor next to the couch! Little stinker.

Anyway, here's a few things I plan on doing: I have a basket on the living room floor that I keep extra extension cords in (our living room is really big and the couch is in the middle, so I can't plug in computer or phone without an extension), so I'm definitely going to wind those cords up and put twist ties around them so he can't strangle himself; I also need to move my house plants, or at least find out which ones would be harmful if he got into them - some plants are poisonous to babies;obviously, lock all cabinets that have chemicals in them, under kitchen and bathroom sinks; I also plan on getting down on my hands and knees to look at things from baby's point of view, to see what might be appealing to him!

That's all on my list for now, aside from outlet plugs and baby gates on the stairs.
April 26th, 2014, 02:56 PM
Laurenj915's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I HAD Tessa sleeping on the crib matress on the floor in the guest bedroom. Her crib doesn't fit in there and i am not ready to put her in the crib in Sawyer's room yet. Well, now she is in the crib because one night i heard her crying and went in. She had rolled all the way under the full sized bed and i had to lay on my stomach and drag her out by the feet! She went from not moving off one spot on the matress to rolling a marathon distance!

I have to keep paper off the floor or she will get it and try to eat it.

That's it so far but I know it's about to get crazy around here.
soul_donut and jennyrae03 like this.

April 26th, 2014, 06:38 PM
Cccbb61013's Avatar Veteran
The sun! Took my 4 year old to play baseball. April. 10:30am. 50 degrees. 1/2 an hour in the direct sun. Stupid me thought the sun was a good thing & keeping him warm since it was windy & chilly. As it warmed up the rest of the day I made sure to keep him covered but that night his face was sun burnt. Since I kept him covered the rest of the day, I know when he got it. Felt like the worst mom ever. Lesson learned!

April 28th, 2014, 11:23 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
I was reading a magazine the other day and Sophie wanted it, so I gave her one of her own to play with. She ended up chewing on it and I had to dig little pieces of it out of her mouth.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
April 28th, 2014, 05:30 PM
SierraWinter's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Natania has learned that she can roll anywhere she wants to go....so she is everywhere now. So we are baby proofing sooner than we thought we would have to.
April 29th, 2014, 10:24 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
Lauren! Lol - that would be scary but looking back, hilarious.

Ben hasn't gotten into a lot of scary stuff, though I have seen him shred through paper with those fangs of his. I don't count that though. I think his strength and height is the biggest danger for him. He can launch himself out of a carseat/bouncer/you name it - he doesn't know what it feels like to land yet but I'm sure that's coming someday soon. :-X

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search