infertility after a c-section?

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 30th, 2014, 05:07 PM
mama2ladybugs's Avatar Super Mommy
i can't remember where i read this but i read that having a c-section can cause future fertility problems. does anybody happen to know how likely that is? we were planning on ttc 1 more in a few years but now i'm wondering if i should even carry that kind of hope or not?

Thank you Babydoll213 for my beautiful siggy

WTTC #3 Fall 2017
April 30th, 2014, 06:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't have personal experience, but I think many of the women who post on JM has c-sections with their first and had no issues conceiving a second.
April 30th, 2014, 06:38 PM
Cccbb61013's Avatar Veteran
I know a lot of women that have had c-sections. I don't know any that suffered from infertility after. I have a cousin who had 2 babies. A friend who just had #3, another who has 4, coworker with 3, SIL with 2, I could go on & on!

May 1st, 2014, 04:34 AM
oh ok, so it must just be one of those "it could happen" things but rare. i do hope to have a vbac and considering we are moving back to maryland the end of august, by the time we are ready to ttc i would definitely be able to go to the hospital i wanted to go to for my 1st which allows vbacs.

WTTC #3 Fall 2017
May 1st, 2014, 07:37 AM
Loni's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didn't have a csection but I had unexplained infertility with #2 but went on to conceive #3 and #4 with no issues whatsoever.
May 1st, 2014, 04:57 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I have one friend out of maaaaybe 6-7 ladies I know that has infertility after her section, but it's not due to that. It's due to a screwed up thyroid. Except for her, the other ladies' children were all conceived back to back, less than a year apart. Seems like they have no problems whatsoever. Don't worry. I had a horrible time conceiving my first two, and didn't have any trouble at all getting #3. Reproduction, like life, isn't perfect. #1 was a m/c; #2 vaginal birth; #3, 4, 5, the twins, and 8 were miscarried; #9 was born; #10 was a chemical; and baby #11 was conceived less than a year after the birth of #9. Vaginal births only. Sounds like there's a c section fear monger. All of my section friends had no miscarriages between their section child and birth of the next!

Last edited by Spyctre; May 1st, 2014 at 06:24 PM. Reason: stupid me, there their they're...
May 1st, 2014, 06:09 PM
SierraWinter's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've never heard this, my SIL got pregnant 6 months after their first. Guess I'll find out soon enough when we try again
May 1st, 2014, 07:55 PM
i swore up and down throughout my last pregnancy that i was done. i wanted eric to get a vasectomy because i couldn't take being pregnant ever again. after i had vivian i carried that same feeling for a long time. it's been just recently that i've figured i want 1 more. i'm just glad that this clearly isn't a common thing because i'd be so heartbroken if i got my hopes up for 3 years just to find out i can't conceive because i had a csection. i know it's still a possibility (according to whatever site i read that from) but i at least feel now like it's pretty safe to plan on having 1 more. i just hope i'll be able to have a vbac.

WTTC #3 Fall 2017

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search