Logan's 6 Month Update / Mastocytoma

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 2nd, 2014, 08:07 PM
Leah
Logan had his 6 month appointment Tuesday. He is 18.6 lbs, 26.5 inches. He likes getting teeth immediately after doctor appointments so his third came in today, his first upper tooth.

He's got mama down, though he still mostly uses it when he's fussing for me. He has his word for boobie too. We had an almost dada/hopeful dada moment once.
He's doing the one leg crawl that I see seems popular amongst our October babes. It's not classic, but he can get places if he wants to. He sits, but doesn't get there by himself. Logi did freak his daddy out today by almost faceplanting after unexpectedly pulling himself up to stand.

He's still in bed with us, but I'm working on it, I swear! * fingers crossed, sorta *

He's really getting into food. Still loving the boob, but willing to try everything. He's done well, no reactions other than being a little constipated once or twice.

He's just an amazing baby. I'm crazy about him. People flock to him. I think he could be responsible for a baby boom in the next 7-9 months here in Pinellas County. He's so beautiful, he just lights up. His personality is amazing.

The only downer is that he possibly has a mastocytoma. At first we were told mastocytosis, and Google done freaked me the hell out there. We got clarification and so far being just a singular spot, the doctor isn't worried. If he develops another or more symptoms, then we'll see a peds dermatologist to confirm. I've read that he could be more prone to allergic reactions, but he's been mostly ok so far, so I'm hopeful he'll be in the overwhelmingly large percentage of kids with single spots who grow out of it, no problems. The one maybe allergic response was when the dog kissed his cheek after she'd been eating fresh cut grass; his cheek puffed up and reddened. I was at work, but SO Googled, they took a warm shower, and it was nonexistent an hour later when I saw him. This does make me more determined to avoid daycare until he's old enough to communicate to me and other adults. And of course the mosquitoes are flying, so he's gotten a couple bites that freaked us out. SO plays like it's nothing to worry about, but I know he's worried too. I'd never heard of if until now, so some of the stress is just from it being so unknown. We're just going to be extra cautious with the food introductions and bites and such. I'll be a walking peds medicine cabinet with benadryl always on me. Anyone have any anecdotal info about mastocytomas or mastocytosis?

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump
May 2nd, 2014, 09:03 PM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, I can't believe how much he is accomplishing at 6 months! Teeth! Crawling! Pulling up to a standing position! Saying words! I feel like my Logan is just a little lump compared to yours! Lol

I have no advice on the skin issue (I had to google what it was), but am glad that you are aware of it and cautious!
May 2nd, 2014, 09:35 PM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
Awww... Everyone is moving and getting teeth but my child (adjusted for age)! lol

I had to google also, but I will say that Phe is allergic to dogs. I know this because I am and my brother is and when a dog licked her she got hives alllll over her leg. I am still allergic, but it depends on the dog That's honestly the only anecdote I can give sorry! I hope it gets better and it sounds like it will (from my googling)
May 3rd, 2014, 05:09 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
He's growing so fast!! My little man is not moving as much as that either!! lol

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

May 3rd, 2014, 08:18 AM
Leah
I think much of his movement stems from wanting to be independent as well as just wanting to see everything. He also wants to use the spoon himself and drink from our cups. I think I'll have my hands full with him, lol. It's crazy how fast it's happened.

May 3rd, 2014, 03:47 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
No info about the skin spot(benign tumor?), but we know the pain of sensitive skin and many allergies here. DD1 is allergic to like all diapers. She is just recently out of diapers at night, and the constant rash on her butt is finally going away. Just 6 years of it! And DD2 was simply touched by a cat owned and got hives. I miss out on visiting a lot of friends and family that insist on inside cats because of DD2. All three get asthmatic around 2nd and 3rd hand smoke. I miss visiting friends because they smoke, too. Can't everyone just be smoke and pet free?

3 on Earth and 7 in Heaven NTNP for #4 and doing the boy diet till!
http://arwenart.com
May 3rd, 2014, 09:11 PM
Leah
Ok, make that 4 teeth. He's got three on the bottom now. I think my nips just inverted themselves.

Mac & Arwen, did/do y'all have to/had to use anything for the allergies? Beyond a cream? If so, at what point do you decide to go the benadryl route? Or any alternatives?

May 4th, 2014, 02:05 AM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
^^hahahahahaha! You crack me up. That kid is going to be sawing through steaks before you know it!
May 5th, 2014, 09:50 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
wow, he is a mover and a shaker huh? I don't know much about allergies, besides those to certain meds. Logan has allergies to all cillin's and codeine. So far Soph hasn't had a reaction to anything. she is around dogs all the time at our house and cats at her sitters house, and all is good there. I can't believe he has so many teeth, soph is yet to get one, lol.

Jamie age 37-Single mommy and loving life
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search