How's baby sleeping?

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By jennyrae03
  • 1 Post By QL1516
  • 1 Post By soul_donut

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 4th, 2014, 12:17 AM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
SOOOO?
Phe wakes up every 2 hours pretty much still. We are so bad though. She sleeps in her bassinet (she still can't/wont pull up) on a pillow with a blanket over her arm and legs - sometimes we have to put something heavier on her legs to keep her from kicking/scratching. The eczema makes it bad I think.
May 4th, 2014, 03:03 AM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Logan is *mostly* sleeping through the night. Well, if I'm using the technical definition of it lol. He goes down usually around 8:30 or 9, and wakes up around 4 for a bottle, then goes back to sleep until around 7:30.

Of course, this has been an on/off thing the last couple weeks between teething and him getting sick.

He sleeps in his crib in his own room, and I typically try not to use a blanket. Sometimes though (like tonight), his skin feels really cool to the touch and I worry he is getting too chilly. I wait unti he falls asleep and then tuck a blanket under his back and across to his tummy (he sleeps on his side), and always under his armpits, so that he can't pull it to his face. That kids loves to nuzzle his face in blankets!!
SierraWinter likes this.
May 4th, 2014, 08:30 AM
Leah
He's a weird sleeper. The kid fights sleep, but if you let him he'll sleep until noon. Being that he's still in bed with us, he normally is awake when we lie down. He'll nap before, but he'll wake up when we go to bed. He'll sleep pretty well from then until we have to get up in the morning. On the weekends though, he'll just keep on sleeping. He's still asleep now at 1030 and no indicator he's waking up soon. I'm hopeful once we get him in his own bed, he'll stay asleep earlier and wake earlier.

Then again, his daddy is on the other side of me still asleep too, so maybe a little sleeping in isn't a bad thing.

The good sleep is canceled out when he's teething.
soul_donut likes this.

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump
May 4th, 2014, 10:47 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
whoa nelly!! Jealous of those sleepers!

My boy is sleeping and has been for over 2 hours in his crib! DH is going to London next week, during sleep training and my bday, boooooo. He's doing a great job of running the CIO while he's here this weekend and getting baby used to the crib. That's such a nice thing! I don't think the crying gets to him in the same way it gets to me - cuts to the bone! I have earplugs ready for next week when I move him to the crib at night when DH isn't around to help hold me back from "rescuing" him after 2 minutes of crying. Right now he goes to bed at 7:30 ish, sometimes wakes at 11 (usually let him cry and he goes back down for a bit), wakes at 2 or 4, then again every couple hours after that and is ready to party at 6:30 AM. Naps at 8-9 am.

This morning is really out of the ordinary! He must have been LOW on sleep.
SierraWinter likes this.
May 4th, 2014, 02:45 PM
SierraWinter's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Natania has been sleeping straight through the night since Dec around the holidays. She usually wakes up around 7am & we transitioned from Rockn Play to crib about three months ago. It's cold up where we live so she sleeps in a footed sleeper with a sleep sack. We stopped using swaddle blankets as soon as she could grab and pull them over her face, which was around 3 months of age.
May 4th, 2014, 07:03 PM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Christian goes to bed in his crib around 9-9:30 and will sleep until 4am usually (stirs a handful of times for his paci or ocean wonders.) Then I will lie him in bed with me and feed him, and then put him back into his crib and he will sleep until 6:30-7:30 usually (stirs a few more times for paci) This kid will NOT sleep in bed with me, at all not even for an hour lol which is so strange for me seeing as both my other 2 slept with me until they were 4-5 years OLD!!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

May 4th, 2014, 08:05 PM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweety_pie View Post
Christian goes to bed in his crib around 9-9:30 and will sleep until 4am usually (stirs a handful of times for his paci or ocean wonders.) Then I will lie him in bed with me and feed him, and then put him back into his crib and he will sleep until 6:30-7:30 usually (stirs a few more times for paci) This kid will NOT sleep in bed with me, at all not even for an hour lol which is so strange for me seeing as both my other 2 slept with me until they were 4-5 years OLD!!
that is unusual! I feel like if you give them an inch they'll take a mile.. Maybe Christian is just an independent boy Ben enjoys being in bed with us but sleep-wise doesn't like it much. More fun for playing and pulling mommy's hair than sleeping.
May 5th, 2014, 06:13 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I don't really know for most of the night. We cosleep, and she will go down around 7:30, wake up at 10 for a few minutes, snack, go down in her PnP till 3-4ish, go into bed with me, and then she'll normally sleep till 8.

She's still exclusively BF so that may be the reason for the night snacks. She refuses jar food so far. So we are always waiting a few days to try again.

Three on Earth and seven in Heaven. Hoping to get knocked up in 2016. Sometimes.

http://arwenart.com
May 5th, 2014, 08:42 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_donut View Post
that is unusual! I feel like if you give them an inch they'll take a mile.. Maybe Christian is just an independent boy Ben enjoys being in bed with us but sleep-wise doesn't like it much. More fun for playing and pulling mommy's hair than sleeping.
He's definitely different then the other 2 in every way! lol I don't mind though, now I won't need to struggle to kick him out of bed at age 4-5 lol

If I drift off next to him i wake up to my hair being pulled out or him ripping my lips off haha

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

May 5th, 2014, 10:54 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
Sophie still sleeps with me. Eventually we will move her to her own bed, but I am not ready for it yet, lol. She is my last baby and I just want to savor every single minute of it, lol. She goes down around 8ish and sleeps till about 1:30 or 2, then wakes up for some booby and then back down till about 6:15 when I wake them all up to get ready for school and the sitter. I have to leave the house by 6:45 for work.

Jamie age 37-Single mommy and loving life
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search