switching the girls around

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Spyctre

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 4th, 2014, 08:15 PM
mama2ladybugs's Avatar Super Mommy
i had converted athena's crib into a toddler bed when she started climbing out of it. since we only have a 1 bedroom apartment right now, i have the crib on one side of our bed and we had vivian sleeping in the pack n play. well recently athena has started climbing into the pack n play with vivian and today she opened vivian's bottle and poured the entire 8 oz of formula all over her and the pack n play. i was so angry! since she won't stay out of the pack n play, i had to put the crib back together so i could start putting vivian in it and now i'm stuck on what to do with athena. i personally wouldn't mind co-sleeping for the next 4 months until we move into a bigger place, but eric's gonna raise hell over it. he has already told me he doesn't want to go with co-sleeping because "she will never sleep in her own bed again". our other option is to buy her a toddler bed now, which i don't really want to do because 1. we are supposed to be saving for the move and 2. there's nothing wrong with co-sleeping in the first place!!!

idk...i know when we move she's going to need a bed anyway but i wanted to get her a regular bed once we got there that she could use for years instead of a toddler bed she can only use for 4 years.

Thank you Babydoll213 for my beautiful siggy

WTTC #3 Fall 2017
May 5th, 2014, 06:03 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
If I was saving, I'd make a place on the floor for the older one to sleep. Depending on adult schedules, I may even stick her on the couch. Other than that maybe spending $10 on a kindergarten nap mat. You could save it for school after.
jamieshalon2 likes this.

3 on Earth and 7 in Heaven NTNP for #4 and doing the boy diet till!
http://arwenart.com
May 5th, 2014, 07:02 AM
ooo, i LOVE the idea of the kindergarten nap mat!! we tried co-sleeping last night, and it actually went horribly. she woke up 2 hrs earlier than she usually does and started kicking me in the chest and stomach. i was kind of surprised seeing as when we went up to Maryland for a week last month, we went with co-sleeping and she did perfectly fine. i don't know if it was just last night or if she is going to do this every night but i think i'm gonna try the kindergarten mat instead. our other idea that we thought of last night is maybe getting the mattress now, so she at least can sleep on that and then when we move we can get the bed itself.

i think i still like the kindergarten mat idea best. lol

WTTC #3 Fall 2017
May 5th, 2014, 10:55 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
a kindergarten mat sounds great.

Jamie age 37-Single mommy and loving life
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
May 6th, 2014, 10:38 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
It's nice and small. =) Though if you did go the mattress route, you could lean that against the wall during the day to keep it out of the way. Co-sleeping can be painful. Mine all have the jimmy-legs. I get kicked all night.

3 on Earth and 7 in Heaven NTNP for #4 and doing the boy diet till!
http://arwenart.com
May 6th, 2014, 07:50 PM
yeah she kept kicking me. we ended up getting a mattress after all because we figured we can just get the bed part later.

WTTC #3 Fall 2017
May 7th, 2014, 06:30 AM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
co-sleeping can totally suck. I have scratches on my stomach from my lo's horrendously sharp big toenails.There are also these super cute couches from disney with princesses on them that can fold out to a little bed They're like 25$ but foam! You can get them a Baby's r us.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search