Summer Plans

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 7th, 2014, 10:17 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I have only a week of teaching left. Gotta say I am not looking forward to the missing paycheck the next couple months and having a bored 6 yr old at home. Vacation plans aren't for 2 months. Boredom, here we come!

So are y'all looking forward to summer? Vacation plans?

Three on Earth and seven in Heaven.

http://arwenart.com
May 7th, 2014, 10:49 AM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My husband road-races (just as a hobby) so we will go to Road America in Wisconsin in June, and then a smaller track in Omaha in July. Other than that, I don't think we have any plans.

I'm hoping to spend some time with Logan at the swimming pool!
May 7th, 2014, 11:27 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Kids are signed up for swimming lessons the first 2 weeks of summer, and VBS the third week of summer. We have a week of nothing, then we are going to Miami for a week.
The rest will be a rotation of play dates, library, pool and other spots around town. It always seems to go by too fast. I'm looking forward to he break in homework, packing lunches, drop offs and pick ups!!
May 7th, 2014, 12:03 PM
Leah
We'll have SO's older kids for a week in June, so I think there's an Adventure Island day trip planned then. Logi and I will likely hang back from that though. We've talked about aiming lessons for Logan, but other than that, same stuff, different day here. We will be moving to my house, but that's only a within city move.

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump
May 7th, 2014, 12:23 PM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
Right now I don't really have any plans. that may change though.

Jamie age 37-Married to Widget age 33 for 14 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
May 7th, 2014, 12:35 PM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
Movinngggggg.Probably a lot of time spent in Tucson with Dh's uncle, the pool, and playdates hopefully!
I just want to explore Arizona We're only there for 6 months so it's going to be a lot of trips I think.
May 7th, 2014, 01:50 PM
mama2ladybugs's Avatar Super Mommy
We're moving the end of August back to Maryland and I'm sure we will still be working on potty training Athena. Eric has been working on it a little bit with her before, and I do mean JUST Eric because I was pretty much procrastinating because I simply felt like it was gonna be hell and I didn't know how to go about it. Well, we decided to start full time potty training yesterday since we can't keep clothes on her anymore.

She was doing well with Eric, only 1 accident yesterday and then he told me today when I got home from work that she had 1 accident. Today was my 1st day working with her on it because I had a double yesterday at work...yeah, she threw herself on the floor in a tantrum. Why?? I was trying to help her on the potty and asking if she needed to use the potty.

I was actually looking forward to working on it with her until that happened. Now I want nothing to do with it whatsoever and I know that just isn't how potty training works. I'm not going to try again today. I tried a few times before I came to that conclusion and she threw a tantrum all 3 times and peed on the carpet. What aggravates me most about it is I feel like he is the only one she listens to with ANYTHING! It's like she thinks it's ok to do stuff she shouldn't because I'm mommy, not daddy. I don't know why because I definitely don't let her get away with anything she does wrong.

Thank you Babydoll213 for my beautiful siggy

WTTC #3 Fall 2017
May 8th, 2014, 05:04 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I'm holding off on training DD2 for a few months or until she's 3. I know it's bad of me, but kids just get it so much faster when they are older. Plus she's got this copy baby thing going so I think it'll be pure hell to try!

Three on Earth and seven in Heaven.

http://arwenart.com
May 8th, 2014, 06:59 AM
Loni's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My son has 3 weeks of preschool left but my daughters don't get out of school until June 23. We are going to visit family over Memorial Day weekend and then again as soon as the girls are out of school. July is full of kids going to camp and family visiting us. In August we are taking the kids to Niagara Falls and as soon as we get back school starts again. Summer is very short this year due to all the snow days and man is it gonna be busy!!
May 8th, 2014, 08:44 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No plans as of now, but I'm sure we'll be having lots of beach and park days!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

May 9th, 2014, 05:31 AM
Laurenj915's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyctre View Post
I have only a week of teaching left. Gotta say I am not looking forward to the missing paycheck the next couple months and having a bored 6 yr old at home. Vacation plans aren't for 2 months. Boredom, here we come!

So are y'all looking forward to summer? Vacation plans?
They don't divide up your yearly pay so you get a paycheck every two weeks all year round? That is what my county did when I taught. Thank goodness!

My summer isn't much different from any other day other than hiding from the sun! It is in the 90's today. Uck! We will just go about our storytimes, playdates, and trips to the beach, park and zoo. We are going to Boston/Maine to vistit family in August so that is something to look forward to.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search