birth control...vent

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 8th, 2014, 11:57 AM
mama2ladybugs's Avatar Super Mommy
i got the nexplanon implant put in back in december. i felt like it was my best option because i didn't want to go with anything i could stop/take out myself in case i have my "baby fever" moments or whatever. and condoms...well, we just aren't consistent with them, so i didn't want to rely on them.

i still love the idea of not having to worry about birth control whenever we have sex and that it lasts 3 years but OMG the bleeding is getting SO annoying!!! i've been trying to write down the days i have bleeding/spotting so i could hopefully find some kind of pattern with it but there is NO pattern! i bleed most of the month every month. i had 2 periods last month and spotting in between. i finished the 2nd period last sunday, had 3 days bleed free, and just started spotting today again!

it's frustrating and i'm coming up on the 6 month mark next month having the implant, so if it's gonna subside, i think it'll be then, but i've even looked up other people's experiences with it and a lot of them said they had irregular and frequent bleeding for the entire 3 years!!! i do NOT remember the dr ever saying anything about it lasting the whole 3 years but apparently that's pretty common.

going to the dr and getting it removed isn't really much of an option as i work so much that i just don't have time and not only that but part of me still feels like i'm not at the point of feeling like i would otherwise cut it out of my arm myself. lol i also don't have money to go get it removed right now either...at least not because of bleeding. i think when i mentioned the implant before, when i was trying to get opinions on what bc to go with, everyone here said they didn't have experience with it...i can't really remember. but if anyone here has had experience with it, what happened with it for you? did you have bleeding the whole time or was it just weird for 6 months and then subsided?

Thank you Babydoll213 for my beautiful siggy

WTTC #3 Fall 2017
May 8th, 2014, 12:04 PM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
I know they told me with just about anything 3 months of spotting is normal, I would probably call about 6 months though! I have no experience with the implant, but with seasonique I bled alllll the time.
I only bled for maybe a few weeks after the mirena
May 8th, 2014, 12:44 PM
mama2ladybugs's Avatar Super Mommy
i don't want to go with another iud...i had the paragard in after athena and it fell out of place and i didn't even know until i went to the hospital in excruciating pain. the pill, i have a hard time remembering to take at the same time everyday, condoms, like i said we just aren't consistent enough with them and we definitely can't afford to have anymore kids anytime soon. i haven't tried nuvaring...idk. i feel like i just don't have many options when it comes to birth control.

they said it could take up to 6 months for my body to adjust...so i'm just assuming that includes the bleeding.

Thank you Babydoll213 for my beautiful siggy

WTTC #3 Fall 2017
May 10th, 2014, 06:55 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I have a friend that had the implant, and everything was fine for her, but my sister mentioned that if I got something like the implant or mirena that I could and probably would bleed for 6 months before it settled. I hope your bleeding stops soon!

3 on Earth and 7 in Heaven Hoping to get knocked up in 2016...sometimes.
http://arwenart.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search