i'm sorry everyone...*update in OP*

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 11th, 2014, 06:45 AM
mama2ladybugs's Avatar Super Mommy
i don't mean to be a downer, especially on mother's day, but lately i've been feeling so depressed...last time i remember feeling this bad was right after i had my older daughter, athena. i cry all the time, i struggle to move, and i shut myself in rooms to be alone. we are really struggling finanacially right now and can't afford counseling, so i just feel lost and don't know where to go. this is the worst/most depressing mother's day i've had so far, and i just don't even know how to make it go away.

i just need it to go away!

***update***

i don't know what was going on with me...maybe a mix of the bc hormones, my mind playing tricks on me, and stress...anyway, i wanted to let you all know i am feeling back to normal. monday was my day off from work and the first day i felt better. the negative feelings haven't come back...hoping they don't.

Thank you Babydoll213 for my beautiful siggy

WTTC #3 Fall 2017

Last edited by mama2ladybugs; May 14th, 2014 at 05:47 PM.
May 11th, 2014, 10:05 AM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
Idk about where you're at now, but I'm sure there is a health clinic nearby that is free - I know Virginia had some not too far from Maryland. They will either do it free or on a sliding scale, but they usually only have specific days for certain things (like stds, pregnancy, regular health, ect) It sounds like depression I would know since I had it after my LO. They put me on zoloft after I tried to cope by myself for a few months. It really helped, but also getting out of the house helped.
Do you have any parks? Those helped - the sunshine and playing. Also maybe some me time! I'm sorry your going through this.
May 11th, 2014, 11:17 AM
Leah
Don't worry about being a downer. I agree with Mack, it sounds like depression. I had it when I was younger. Here we have a 211 info helpline that refers to resources, but even if you call any larger counseling center, they'd likely know of one that works on a sliding scale. Take whatever appointment they offer and if they recommend medication, do it and don't feel bad. It doesn't mean forever. It's a brain chemistry thing and the medication helps balance that, just like a cholesterol medication or whatever. I get it if you want to handle it yourself, but when you've got other stress going on, it's just a lot. You end up anxious about it all, just a cycle of worrying about the stress of finances, of caring for your family, of putting a smile on, and of trying to deal with the depression. In the meantime the depression hinders your ability to handle the other things.

Good luck, and vent away if you need to.

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump
May 11th, 2014, 12:25 PM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
Also I want to add that moving can be very depressing! The house is a mess, you know bills are going to pile up, and then the stress of driving - ugh. I can completely understand! Just think how awesome the new place will be !
May 11th, 2014, 01:35 PM
i just got to thinking...the birth control implant carries depressed moods as a side effect. now i'm worried that the implant is causing it. but how do i know if that's why i'm feeling like this or if it's something else, like the stress of everything else? i don't particularly want to get it removed if it's not causing this problem but i don't want to randomly get up one day or come home from work and end up doing something bad to my girls because it got worse. i am so freaked out right now!

WTTC #3 Fall 2017
May 11th, 2014, 07:21 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Vent away! These ladies have some good advice. I don't know about checking into things like this. I had a bought of depression once, lasted 7 months. I gained 20 lbs that are still with me. It was horrible. I agree with getting it all checked.

Coincidentally, a friend of mine that has always had depression issues posted this on pinterest yesterday. It really is a chemical thing! I wish I got meds for mine.

Vent anytime you need!

3 on Earth and 7 in Heaven NTNP for #4 and doing the boy diet till!
http://arwenart.com
May 11th, 2014, 08:28 PM
Leah
Even if it is a side effect, medication or treatment would still be an option. I mean, if it gave you heartburn you'd probably avoid any food that set it off or take some Tums, right? Same thing except some people want to act like there's somebody wrong with depression. If it is the birth control, maybe it'll let up around six months along with the bleeding, hopefully.

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump
May 11th, 2014, 08:36 PM
i hope it lets up. if it does at 6 months than i only have a couple weeks left. june 3rd will be 6 months since i got it put in. part of me does think i'm just really stressed out. money is tight, we are trying to move, i hate my job with a passion (i know, who doesn't?? but it's so much worse than i can even explain). i'm gonna watch it for now, try my best to just keep talking it out for a while so it hopefully doesn't get worse. if it does get worse, then i'll just have to go to the dr and deal with how to pay later. idk.

WTTC #3 Fall 2017
May 12th, 2014, 07:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
This sounds like something you should get help for immediately. If you're concerned for your safety or the safety of your children then screw the financial aspect. There must be some resources in your area. If you PM me where you live I will research it myself on your behalf and send you the information. Depression is something that most people need outside help to conquer, don't let finances or pride get in the way of getting help. Please look into this or let me do it for you.
May 12th, 2014, 08:47 PM
MrsPea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Baby blues can hit you anytime in the first year as well. It's often triggered by outside stresses, like the holidays. You should really get help, you can't take care of others until you take care of yourself. I hope you feel better soon. <3

May 14th, 2014, 05:48 PM
bump for update

WTTC #3 Fall 2017
May 15th, 2014, 06:15 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Good! I'm glad you are feeling better. Maybe just a small bought of the blues? Happens to everyone. I hate getting bluesy.

3 on Earth and 7 in Heaven NTNP for #4 and doing the boy diet till!
http://arwenart.com
May 15th, 2014, 07:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Good news! So happy to hear this. If they come back and stay a while don't be afraid to look into getting some support. Hope the blues stay away though! xx
May 15th, 2014, 09:05 PM
thank you ladies

WTTC #3 Fall 2017

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search