Craziest Pregnancy Moment

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By QL1516

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 19th, 2014, 02:36 PM
Super Mommy
I was playing Candy Crush on Facebook when I randomly started thinking about the night before I went to the hospital to have Vivian. I was working a closing shift and we were short 1 person. I had been having BH contractions for a few hours but it was about an hour before I was due off work and they seemed to be getting closer and A LOT more painful. So I told the manager "I know you don't want to hear this but I need to go home. I think I'm gonna have to go to the hospital tonight". He got really p***y over it and was like "I'm just curious. How do you expect me to close the store now??" My reaction was "Oh, I'm sorry! Would you like me to deliver this baby in the back of the store tonight???"

LOL I must have gotten through to him...maybe he actually visualized that in his head, because he just looked at me for a moment and then told me to clock out and go. I was so angry but nobody was putting me and my labor and delivery on a schedule...as if that's even possible. I ended up not having to go to the hospital and the following night I closed again and told him "I'm not working next Sunday, just so you know!" He still had an attitude with me and all but the general manager and the owner of the franchise both told him he was being unreasonable and that he wasn't understanding the situation lol. Thankfully, I did have her Monday night and I didn't have to deal with him the following week anyway.

So I was wondering, what was your craziest pregnancy moment? I'm pretty sure that was the craziest out of both of my pregnancies.

May 19th, 2014, 08:05 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Mine isn't so much crazy as just plain miserable, but I once threw up an entire box of fruit loops. I wanted those things so bad, just craved them. So I had a bowl, and 5 minutes later threw it up. It was purple. I was still hungry so I asked DH to get me another bowl. This went on about 5-6 times. Finish the bowl, vomit. Finally there was a handful of cereal left in the box, a box my husband was holding as the purple vomit came up yet again, and he cut me off.

"No. Just no."

And he took my box away. =( This was with DD2. My pregnancy with her was horrible. The max I threw up in a day with her was 17 times. It was so bad I ended up getting surgery to hopefully fix it at 14 weeks pregnant. And after the surgery, I went home in my mom's pick-up throwing up in a pink hospital bucket. Only now it hurt because of the incisions. I hate pregnancy soooo much! lol

James Arwen est. April 2, 2005
Alice Marie - January 9, 2008
Winter Rose - February 14, 2012
Liliana Vale - September 25, 2013

8 in Heaven Trying for #4!
May 19th, 2014, 08:52 PM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
Not that I can think of off the top of my head, but I did start to only eat things that would taste okay coming back up. Five guys? Uh...that stuff burns and I actually called out of work because of it

Peeing myself a few times was hilarious...

When they asked if I wanted to touch/see her coming out. No. No I did not.

I was talking to a coworker and I said something and she went "You must not want kids do you?" And I went "Well, that's funny since I'm pregnant!"
May 20th, 2014, 05:24 AM
Leah
I think when my water broke was maybe it for me. Being overdue and no real contractions I told SO to go ahead and have a couple drinks with my brother when they got off work. They'd been busting their butts, sure, blow off some steam, I'm just sitting on a ball watching football. And of course, soon as they got a little tipsy, my water broke. My brother was hitting on some girl when he answered my SO's phone. I told him and then heard him start yelling, "oh $!#/, the water done broke!"

I can only imagine what that girl thought....

Or the night at 38 weeks along I got really mad at SO and walked two miles to a bus stop instead of waiting for him.
jamieshalon2 likes this.

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump
May 20th, 2014, 05:32 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I really can't think of anything lol Maybe just being told I didn't look like I was in labor by like 5 different nurses lol One even said I looked like I was about to go modelling or something!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

May 20th, 2014, 05:57 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweety_pie View Post
I really can't think of anything lol Maybe just being told I didn't look like I was in labor by like 5 different nurses lol One even said I looked like I was about to go modelling or something!
lol that reminds me of when i went into labor with athena. i had already been in labor a while when we got to the hospital and got me checked in. they first had the audacity to ask me how i was and then when they got me in the room and hooked me up to the monitors they said, "we just have to confirm you're in labor now and then we can send them over with the epidural".

"i ASSURE you, i AM in labor!!!" i said, almost yelling. hahaha

May 20th, 2014, 04:04 PM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The only thing I can think of is when I was about 38 weeks, I kept leaking some sort of fluid (sorry TMI), and went in to be checked. They told me it was just CM and not to worry about it. It would come out in large quantities, like I had peed myself a little.

So then the night I ended up going into labor, I had a bit of leakage and didn't think anything of it. Started having really bad back labor, went in and they told me I was staying. Once I got to about 5cm they had the doctor come in to break my water. He stuck his hook in there and then said "umm, your water already broke...?" Yeah, turns out my water broke at home and I thought I was just leaking again!! Haha
May 20th, 2014, 07:33 PM
MrsPea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hmm, 1st trimester I was craving deviled eggs all the time, so my manager randomly texted me a link to 10 Best Deviled Egg recipes and I then HAD to get up and make more deviled eggs.

Also the day I went into labor I had packed a lunch for me and my mom needless to say we didn't get to eat it. Once I got my epi and things calmed down a bit DH & my mom had the lunches. Well there was a can of sprite and a can of ice tea in there, one needs to be shaken before opened... Yup DH grabbed the spite and shook the crap out of it and came very close to spraying it all over me. Thankfully, he looked before opening!

May 25th, 2014, 06:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hmm, I had a pretty uneventful pregnancy, but can think of a couple things.

I had an early scan to make sure everything was going well and I was supposed to drink a ton of water to make sure they could see something so I got up early and drank the few glasses of water I was supposed to and 5 minutes before the appointment puked everything up. I was so worried they wouldn't see anything, but it was fine, saw my little kidney bean at 8 weeks.

When I was 6 months or so I stayed late at work to get some stuff done and took a cab home and the cab got into an accident. My boss and the ceo of the company were so horrified I never worked another later night!

I wish I had more fun food things, but there was nothing out of the ordinary. I couldn't eat much from 7-15 weeks and by 19 weeks was back to normal. Where were my cravings for pickles and ice cream??
May 28th, 2014, 08:12 PM
Cccbb61013's Avatar Veteran
I can't remember with this last pregnancy, but it was worse than the first so I'm sure there were many. But with my first, I came home from work & DH had made beef stew. Not even good, home made beef stew, it was dinty Moore in a can. I looked in the pan & there were like 3 chunks of beef left. I started yelling & ran through the house & threw myself on the bed & bawled my eyes out. I can't count how many times my husband has mocked me for that one. Every time we see a can of dinty Moore he mocks my "Napoleon dynamite" (to quote him) run through the house while crying.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search