First Birthdays

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By QL1516
  • 1 Post By sweety_pie
  • 1 Post By MrsPea
  • 1 Post By Lemon
  • 2 Post By MrsPea
  • 2 Post By ILoveStorm2011
  • 4 Post By MrsPea

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 31st, 2014, 11:16 AM
MrsPea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm already in full on planning mode here! We're having a bowling/ pizza party since it's mainly an adult party with a handful of little ones.

I've pinned 2-3 themes on pinterest already but I think I'm going to go with a primary color/ rainbow theme. The others I'll save for future birthdays.

So lets have it ladies! What are you thinking?

May 31st, 2014, 01:11 PM
Leah
I too have a Pinterest board full of stuff. I think I'm going with a Mickey's Not So Scary Birthday Party. My family loves Disney and we haven't gone recently so I'll get our Disney itch this way. I love the colors and the idea of Disney treats.

We just did a rainbow/blue party for my niece and it was so pretty. I did Rainbow Jello and made pom poms. I did get cake as a 4 layer ombre blue. Just don't use coconut oil - our layers with coconut oil substituted feel apart. Would probably be fine on a sheet cake though.

It's crazy it all seems so close! Weren't we all just waiting to pop?
MrsPea likes this.

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump
May 31st, 2014, 04:14 PM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
I have no idea and I don't want to think about it lol
I just want a cake smash picture session and a really fancy cake (to eat). I don't think we will know many people so a get together (6 maybe) is more likely
May 31st, 2014, 09:11 PM
Cccbb61013's Avatar Veteran
I'm assuming Brady's birthday is going to fall on the same day as my town's Mummers parade. It's basically a Halloween parade that I've loved since I was a kid & 2 years ago we bought a house across the river from where I grew up & the parade route runs on the street that crosses the end of our block so it's within walking distance. All my family members including aunts, cousins, their kids, etc watch it together. It's a tradition. Last year there were a few events I didn't want to miss in October (I absolutely love October which is why I planned an oct baby. In hindsight, I never would've planned it for a month that there's so much to do!), I got to do most of them but he came a day before the mummers parade. Luckily for me it wasn't a huge deal because a) it rained so a few family members didn't go & b) the rest were actually in the parade so the tradition of watching together didn't happen. This year I'm assuming the parade will fall on his birthday so I am planning on having everybody back to my house after & I'll have a little halloween themed birthday party. The house will already be decorated. I'll tell the kids to wear their costumes. I'll do a Halloween cake & make some vegetable soup or something fall like. & if it doesn't fall on the same day as the parade, I'll probably still do the same thing.

June 1st, 2014, 07:29 AM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've started pinning ideas too! I'm definitely going to do a Halloween theme! There will mostly be family here, except maybe a couple of our friends who have babies (not sure if they will actually show up). Unfortunately Logan's birthday is during harvest, so I don't even know if I can get Joel and his dad to stop long enough to come in for a birthday party!
June 1st, 2014, 08:33 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We won't really have a party, just our family. But I'm thinking about superhero theme and him having his own superhero cape and mask! lol
soul_donut likes this.

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

June 1st, 2014, 06:10 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
We'll probably do the same as the other two. We'll make a cake and 1 cupcake, and we'll invite our family. More than likely only my in-laws will show. We'll serve lunch, cake, and give the girls a nice nap while the adults chill watching a movie.

I sometimes envy my sister's and sister-in-law's big bashes for their kids--every year. At least ours is always laid back and relaxing. I hope we can give bigger parties to the older ones eventually, go to a place with a ball pit or something, pray they don't get a staph infection.

Three on Earth and seven in Heaven.

http://arwenart.com
June 1st, 2014, 07:45 PM
Super cute ideas! I'm excited to see everyone's LO in their 1st birthday suits. lol
sweety_pie likes this.

June 2nd, 2014, 11:42 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
I am thinking ladybugs for Sophie. The thought of a fairy party popped into my head today too, but I may wait till she is older so that she can wear her fairy wings and rock them proudly
We usually do pretty big parties up until about age 9 or 10 and then we just do something really cool with the kids that they want to do.

Jamie age 37-Married to Widget age 33 for 14 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
June 3rd, 2014, 04:51 PM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Halloween theme. Can't wait!
jennyrae03 likes this.
June 4th, 2014, 06:57 AM
My venue/ food is almost all booked, just have to go in and finalize! Now to go stalk Etsy...
Druslady96 and jamieshalon2 like this.

June 4th, 2014, 07:49 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
I have to get through my mom's 60th and Brady's 7th birthday party in August before I can do too much for Sophie's. for now I am just saving websites, lol.

Jamie age 37-Married to Widget age 33 for 14 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
June 9th, 2014, 10:16 PM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
We decided on Giraffe theme!! Already picked an outfit/tutu and planning on a custom cake (we didnt have a wedding cake...so...living through this lol) and going to make a small smash cake...and then a themed photoshoot and I have to do one in her little Korean outfit..I cannot believe this is happening soon!
jamieshalon2 and MrsPea like this.
June 10th, 2014, 07:19 PM
Haha, the first time I read that Mack I thought you said graffiti theme, and said to myself badass! But a Giraffe theme is going to be adorable!

I know I booked my venue, and felt really sad & overwhelmed right afterwards. Our babies are growing up so fast!

June 27th, 2014, 09:54 PM
Druslady96's Avatar Veteran
I've been "planning" my son's birthday since he was born! LOL. We call him "Junior" so we are going to do a Disney Junior party… but mainly Mickey Mouse Clubhouse meets Jack and the Neverland Pirates… LoL. Just throwing in some Sofia the First and Doc McStuffins for the little girls. My friend gave me some Jake decor, My other friend has a big Mickey and Minnie wood cut out that she made for her some's birthday, another family member has some mickey decor from her son's party and a couple other people said they have stuff for me. I've been buying stuff here and there as I've seen cheap stuff shopping and I just contacted a balloon artist last week. Just to locate a magician and maybe face painter, characters… Since the weather is relatively calm here, I think we are just going to do it at a park. Though about my house but I think there may be too many people since we can't really use our not so big backyard. I have a bunch of ideas pinned on Pinterest too… I just hope I don't go too out of control. LoL.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search