Allergies!

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 6th, 2014, 08:52 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Ugh! Guess who got hives from their grandparents' freaking dog? DD2 so far gets hives from cats, and now DD3 can't be around dogs. It's fine because I hate indoor pets, but it really sucks when everyone else has them. Except for ONE FRIEND that lives in THAILAND, every one of my friends has either cats, dogs, both and/or smokes. I can't visit anyone! I have asthma, and 2/3 of my girls have major allergic reactions to mongrels. =P

Wait, I can go to in-laws'. They have fenced-in outside dogs. So it's safe inside. So that means I can go to my in-laws' and I can stay home. Forever. UGH!

3 on Earth and 7 in Heaven NTNP for #4 and doing the boy diet till!
http://arwenart.com
June 6th, 2014, 09:48 PM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
Is it just the licking or dander? I'm suppperr allergic to dog saliva but otherwise I'm okay to be around them Even Lo is allergic to them apparently.
June 7th, 2014, 07:03 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I'm guessing dander because they put the demon outside when we come. It likes to jump and scratch. My FIL said she could just be allergic to whatever the dog rolls in outside, but I've never seen grass give hives. Do you know what this means? I can't even sit on their furniture and touch my child.

Inside pets are nasty. They poop, pee, and shed everywhere! No matter how much you clean, you miss some of their hairs which become fossilized and then set out to imbed themselves in your foot. You walk around going OW for hours, and you don't see anything cause those hairs are always WHITE! And they never fail to try to molest my children. I really don't understand people's love of animals. I don't. My parents had them my whole life, and all it did was gross me out.

New black sweater gets washed. Now it's an old black sweated riddled with dog hair! Don't touch the carpet. Dog just wiped it's butt. Watch out for the pee/poop! Grab the baby! He/she is trying to eat the bird poo! Why is the kid's finger bleeding again? Put their finger in the bird cage. What's that smell? Ferret. Will the hedgehog EVER not puff up at us? Watch where you step! One of the newts escaped!

I did not grow up in a home. I grew up in a zoo. Don't get me wrong, I like LOOKING at animals. Puppies and kittens are so cute. All those pinterest animal pictures are beautiful. But do I want to be around them outside of a real zoo? No. No, I don't.

Sorry for the rant. I'm just over not being able to visit anyone EVER anymore. I miss going to people's houses. It's always my house that has to have company because of this. Always the host, always supplying to food/drinks/cleaning service... Gets old!

June 7th, 2014, 10:40 AM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
I can understand. Part of the reason I did not want animals just now is because of the dirt and my anxieties.And you *can* be allergic to grass, but the dog might be more likely. I've have the allergy test done and I'm allergic tooo I think every type of grass but ragweed But I marked not allergic to dogs but let one lick me and I get hives everywhere!!
June 7th, 2014, 07:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Aww, this sounds so tough for you. I do love pets, and have a dog myself, but I can see why not everyone loves them and why you are not able to visit anyone else. That sucks so bad.
June 7th, 2014, 08:38 PM
Cccbb61013's Avatar Veteran
Hahaha I like dogs, but I totally feel you. After my dog goes I don't want another pet. I have OCD so the dog hair, eating s**%, stepping in s**%, cleaning up s**%, peeing in the house, licking my area rug after eating s**%, salmonella laced dog food, dog hair, dog hair, hair chunks, hair on my clothes, hair in our food, hair on toys, disgusting dander air that I can see in the sunlight is so not happening...blaaaah. Never again.

June 7th, 2014, 11:53 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Cccbb, that's how I felt about the dog I grew up with. She was a great dog, and she even saved my brother's life more than once. However, she freaking put her nasty everywhere! My mom and I were the only ones to clean up after her. She wasn't mine, she was my dad's. HE was the one that always wanted dogs, and she WAS a good protector for her 17+ years. She died blind, deaf, and unable to walk. She defecated on herself all day long. I cleaned it, my mom cleaned it. Just us. After her, I never wanted one of my own. That was IT. I was done with dogs forever. 17 years!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search