Adding Some (More) Gray Hair....

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By QL1516

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 13th, 2014, 12:21 PM
Leah
So Logan has been quite mobile for a bit, even if only getting the classic crawl down over the part few weeks. Logan also still sleeps in bed with us, though I've been working on getting him to sleep in the pnp next to the bed as kinda a first step to transition him into his crib.

Today I'm home sick, but working (oh I remember the days before I worked remotely and I actually got to be sick). The office is on the other side of the house, but I can hear Logi wake up and start chatting. I had told SO that I was going to the office, so I don't think about it when I left the two of them. We've never had an issue. I hear Logi start crying so I go to see if he's hungry. It's a normal cry. I walk in the bedroom and I don't see Logi with SO and the crying sounds like it's coming from the pnp... but Logi isn't in there.

He's on the freaking floor, and has partially crawled under the bed. He's crying because his head is big and he can't back out. I scream, SO jumps up, we get him and he's totally fine. It's just that his 92% head got him stuck.

The most amazing part of it all? He didn't fall out of the bed. I would've heard it, he would've cried from being scared even if he hadn't hurt himself. I've sat with him on the couch when he's decided he's getting down and he inches down feet first, safely. So apparently my kid thinks it's just totally fine to be all peace out homies, I'm getting out of bed. WTH kid, you're not even 8 months yet?! I felt grays sprout. Literally just spring from my scalp.

TL;DR: My almost 8 month old can get his butt out of the bed. Tried being sneaky and crawling under the bed and got stuck because of his big head.

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump
June 13th, 2014, 07:16 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Sounds like a boy! lol My baby brother once rolled off the bed and right under it. My mother swears to me she hears a voice clear as day to tell her to wake up and check on her son, and she goes to find an empty bed. It's the middle of winter, and it's freezing(bad insulation in that house) so they were pretty worried. Looked everywhere for at least 30 minutes before finding the child under his bed and turning blue. Got hypothermia! Getting under beds must be a boy thing. Never heard someone I know complain about their daughters doing it. lol

James Arwen est. April 2, 2005
Alice Marie - January 9, 2008
Winter Rose - February 14, 2012
Liliana Vale - September 25, 2013

8 in Heaven Trying for #4!
June 14th, 2014, 03:32 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My oldest son rolled out of our bed and under his crib lol

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

June 16th, 2014, 10:35 PM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
Awww. I wish mine could do that even though I know it would cause trouble!!!!!
June 18th, 2014, 09:55 AM
Leah
I was totally into having a boy, but this had reminded me that my brother ended up in the ER no less than half a dozen times compared to none for the three girls. He's all about getting places as fast as he can - falling is an OK way to move for him.

Yeah. .... brb, gonna wrap my house in bubble wrap.
Spyctre likes this.

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump
June 18th, 2014, 07:58 PM
MrsPea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so paranoid about Doug rolling off our bed. It's a high bed. So of course that's his favorite place to sleep.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search