Oh no- -babyproofing for crawlers!

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 24th, 2014, 07:05 PM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
Lo managed to get one of the plastic doorstopper ends in her mouth (the tiny white plastic part). I'm going to hot glue all the others, but does anyone have any other tips for baby proofing for crawlers?
July 24th, 2014, 08:03 PM
Leah
I didn't even think about those because I don't think SO has any... I'll have to check my house.

My list includes cords, sharp corners on any furniture head level or lower, outlets, cords for curtains or blinds. ... I'm going to check all the furniture for loose pieces. Cabinet doors, and I'll probably remove some knobs.

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump
July 25th, 2014, 06:56 AM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Umm, at my house it's basically "nothing on the floor." That kid finds EVERYTHING! I had to take all the decorations out of my living room and move them to places that he doesn't typically crawl around in. He's always on the move and I can't keep up!!
July 25th, 2014, 08:09 PM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyrae03 View Post
Umm, at my house it's basically "nothing on the floor." That kid finds EVERYTHING! I had to take all the decorations out of my living room and move them to places that he doesn't typically crawl around in. He's always on the move and I can't keep up!!
We can't even have anything on the nightstands/coffee tables anymore. She can get on her tippy toes and pull them down.
July 25th, 2014, 08:36 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Lily gets everything, too. Currently, I am unable to open my dishwasher to let them finish drying. Not good since I have some high end, quite deadly cutlery constantly being washed. My chef's knife is used for literally every meal and snack. I have been either putting them up damp or waiting till night. I hate waiting!
July 26th, 2014, 04:09 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Christian still isn't getting into much lol no walking or crawling yet. He can pull himself around the floor some, but is slow and don't make it too far so just the living room is with in reach for him.

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

July 26th, 2014, 06:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ugh, H is always getting into everything. We keep all wires away as he is prone to pulling things down onto himself. He is always trying to get himself killed, it's a wonder any of us survive infanthood. He is always unplugging anything he can get his little mitts on and sticking the end in his mouth (while the other end is plugged in to the outlet- ack!)
July 28th, 2014, 04:17 PM
Cccbb61013's Avatar Veteran
Brady hasn't even started crawling yet & he's still into what feels like everything just by scooting. I can't even imagine when he starts crawling. Today I went through DS1's room & got rid of all the small toys/choking hazards. Initially I didn't want to do the whole baby gate thing, we did it with DS1 & it ruined the walls in our apartment, the larger sized gates we need to fit our openings & have doors to accommodate our 5 year old & the dog can get pricey & I wanted him to be able to chase his brother around. But I've since changed my mind. I plan on basically just gating off the living room & keeping him in there. I'm still going to get some cordless blinds, get a door knob thingy for the basement bc the steps scare me to death, secure my dresser to the wall & some other things, but the gates are definitely being put up!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search