Sleeping through the night...

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2014, 10:45 PM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
I KNOW I'm going to jinx myself..but for 2 weeks now Lo has been sleeping through the night in her own bed 90% of the time We don't know how it started really. Sometimes we have to put her in and let her cry for about a min because she's too tired to fall asleep on us/wants to keep playing in the living room, but mostly she goes to bed without a fight. She sleeps 7-12 hours sometimes!!! It has been the most rejuvenating thing ever; however, when she doesn't sttn, it's horrible and I get more exhausted than before. Anyone else doing the sleeping through the night dance?!!? For those who aren't...we went from up every 2 hours on the dot to sttn!!
July 27th, 2014, 04:52 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Christian sleeps through the night now for a few months, goes down about 9:30-10pm and sleeps until 7-8am usually. Stirs a few times in between that just for his paci and blanket again lol But no bottles in the night.

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

July 27th, 2014, 06:46 AM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Logan usually sleeps through the night as well, although he has been teething and that has interrupted the routine a little bit. When he's on his good days he goes down about 8:30pm and usually wakes up around 7am. He does stir in the night, typically when he has rolled onto his tummy in his sleep and then wants to be on his back again but can't figure out how to get there - he evidently forgot how to roll from tummy to back when he started crawling? Now he will just sit up in his crib and cry until we lay him back down with his bink and blankie lol
July 27th, 2014, 08:19 AM
Leah
Logan is still in bed with us and he's been restless recently. The doctor told us at this age they might start waking up from dreams. Some nights it's lights out all the way through, others I swear he's on the boob every hour. Or wants to sleep sprawled on top of me. He really likes sleep once he's there though.

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump
July 27th, 2014, 10:40 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Only way my first son would sleep right up until age 3 was right on my chest, and he was a big boy! lol

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

July 27th, 2014, 02:06 PM
Leah, Phe was doing that! So annoying! lol. She did that and tossed and turned and we thought it was teething..but it kept going on for 2 weeks so we just started putting her in her crib.

She falls asleep in the weirdest, most uncomfortable looking positions, but only DH moves her lol. I do not move a sleeping baby, but we have 2 standard pillows on the floor of her pnp so it's more comfy.
July 27th, 2014, 02:30 PM
"Shay-see"
A goes down in his own bed every night, but after a few hours he wakes up and cries and Aaron usually moves him into bed with us at that point. Sometimes he will just sleep, and sometimes I can only console him by nursing. My doctor wants me to try a version of CIO with him and get him sleeping through the night in his own bed, and without eating. IDK though; i'd love it if he slept all night, but getting through the first few nights of CIO might be too much, and if I don't do it right (if I give in), it will just make things worse for him. :/
July 27th, 2014, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasaidh View Post
A goes down in his own bed every night, but after a few hours he wakes up and cries and Aaron usually moves him into bed with us at that point. Sometimes he will just sleep, and sometimes I can only console him by nursing. My doctor wants me to try a version of CIO with him and get him sleeping through the night in his own bed, and without eating. IDK though; i'd love it if he slept all night, but getting through the first few nights of CIO might be too much, and if I don't do it right (if I give in), it will just make things worse for him. :/
Our ped wanted us to do that too and we tried..and I caved. We really don't do CIO like normal. She cries maybe a minute and passes out - but it only works when she's actually tired and just fighting sleep. If she's not she'll cry and cry and I won't let her just sit there crying. I can't stand it. I feel like I'm betraying her when I hear Mooooma. I never thought she'd go longer than 2 hours without feeding but it just happened one night and now she can.
July 28th, 2014, 04:08 PM
Cccbb61013's Avatar Veteran
I don't really know what Brady would do if I tried to let him Sttn. Typically I put him to bed between 7-9pm (tonight at 6:30 bc he was getting on my nerves so bad. Now mommy is drinking hard lemonade at 7) & then I dream feed him before I go to bed. I'm a night owl so usually it's around midnight or 1. Then he gets up between 6:30-7am, I feed him & he's up for like a 1/2 an hour & we'll go back to sleep until like 8:30. Today we went back until 9:30! I don't know if he'd sleep straight through if I didn't do the dream feed. In theory, at this age he shouldn't NEED to get up to eat, but Brady boy does what he wants!

July 28th, 2014, 05:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
H goes down at 7 pm each night. I dream feed him at 10 pm before I go to bed and then go to sleep. If he cries before 2 am I usually wait to see if he's really crying or just fussing between sleep cycles, normally though he sleeps until about 2:30, I feed him then he sleeps until about 6 am. If he cries for more than 5 minutes or stands for a minute or more without lying back down (i.e. he's trying to get back to sleep) then I go feed him. He's not on solids yet (his choice, not mine) so I think he still needs night feeds.
July 28th, 2014, 08:12 PM
Laurenj915's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so jealous of you girls with babies who sleep through the night. Tessa only wakes up once to nurse at night but I would be so happy to sleep though the night. I guess she doesn't have to get that 5:30 feeding but she is such a good baby and it pretty much our only alone time without an insane 3 year old boy running around.

July 30th, 2014, 06:32 PM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Heck no, William does not sleep through the night. He is up to nurse 2-4 times.
As his first bday approaches I plan to try to night wean. I'll probably send DH in when he wakes, which the baby hates.
"I didn't request you. Send in the one with the boobs!"
July 30th, 2014, 09:48 PM
That's the only reason I think she started getting better. Dh puts her down and picks her up.

Oh BTW. I jinxed myself, but it's only like once now so that's better than before!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search