Babies get you sick in the weirdest ways..

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 10th, 2014, 03:08 PM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
So Phoebe got a cold the other day. Figures since she decides she must taste every cart, bench seat, table, item she gets her hands on.She also has this weird thing about putting pacis in my mouth.
She did so the other day and it was covered in snot!
Thus, now I am sick myself
Ew.
The end.

Have you gotten sick in a weird, gross way?
I think the first time she got me sick she sneezed in my mouth at 2 months...
August 10th, 2014, 04:51 PM
Cccbb61013's Avatar Veteran
Not from the baby but my 5 year old tongue kissed me the other day when I thought his "allergies" were acting up. And not tongue kissed in a perverted sense, but I am a smoother. I am constantly kissing my boys. They are just too cute for me to not kiss them. Sometimes my 5 year old will see me coming in for a kiss & stick out his tongue & I'll end up kissing his tongue because I don't realize it's out. Of course he gets a major "ewwwww so gross!!" response which encourages him to do it even more. The baby did it to me at toys r us the other day! I don't know if it was on purpose but he laughed his little head off at my shrieks. So yeah, after I kissed my 5 years olds old nasty germ ridden tongue, I got a nasty cold that I'm finally done with today.

August 10th, 2014, 06:28 PM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
I think this is just a day thing.Phoebe kisses now...wideee open mouth and tries to bite/lick me.
August 10th, 2014, 08:04 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Not in a gross way but normal ways. I caught my very first cold when I was pregnant with DD2 from kissing DD1, of course. Some kid in her class was sent to school sick, and he had a very special cold. It wasn't viral, that sucker was bacterial. I told my parents not to visit, but my mom did anyway. She kissed Alice claiming she was too healthy to catch it. My mom tells me later that it was the worst cold of her entire life. She gave it to my dad, and he ended up in the hospital...right with me. Yep, a bacterial cold sent pregnant me to the hospital. In the end our entire family caught it, some of our extended members caught it. None of them believed how contagious it was! All of the elderly with it were hospitalized.

All from some snotty kid at school. And my child? I pay attention to her, and I recognize illness coming on. I kept her home so she wouldn't spread it to others. But they were all exposed anyway since that same kid kept getting sent to school. I know the child is mentally disabled, but how stupid do his parents have to be to send him day after day?

Three on Earth and seven in Heaven. Hoping to get knocked up in 2016. Sometimes.

http://arwenart.com
August 11th, 2014, 09:07 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
I caught a nasty stomach bug from Sophie recently. Like Arwen, it was bacterial not viral. Lasted us both 2 weeks. I never thought we would get better.

Jamie age 37-Single mommy and loving life
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search