I'm white, baby daddy is black=]

Forum: Interracial Families

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Interracial Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 19th, 2010, 02:08 AM
asherzbaby's Avatar Regular
So I'm white, and the father of my unborn child is black. I wonder if my baby will be lighter or darker? Hmm...my child will be cute either way though! Lol. =)
February 19th, 2010, 09:48 AM
CrystalAnne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wondered about skin tone with my baby boy, too. I am a glow-in-the-dark white euro-mutt lol (english/irish/scottish and more) And hubby is 1/2 black 1/2 hispanic. . .Jacob is ALMOST as dark ask Gabe in the winter lol. . .In the summer Gabe tans so dark you'd never know he was 1/2 hispanic. In the winter he gets so light you'd never know he wasn't a dark-ish white guy. . .And Jacob's eyes look like they might be Green or Hazel, because when he was born they were denim blue, not already brown. My daughter's eyes were steely grey at birth and they turned chocolate brown, so you never know. He's only 2 weeks old so we will see if it changes!

Sorry for the rant. . .but I remember wondering the same sorts of things. . .I still wonder how curly his hair will be. Gabe's is really really really curly and mine looks like I have a spiral perm if I don't straighten it. If Jacob had straight hair I'd wonder where he found it! Good luck with your pregnancy Happy and healthy 9 mos to u!
Crystal, proud SAHM to Gracie 9, Jake 3, Zoeyanne 2 and Paige 2.[/CENTER]
February 20th, 2010, 06:35 PM
Perfectly~Flawed's Avatar ♥ Proud Potterhead! ♥
Send a message via AIM to Perfectly~Flawed Send a message via Yahoo to Perfectly~Flawed
You'll never know until they are born! Even then they change so much!

February 21st, 2010, 09:55 PM
Yeah I guess I'll just have to wait and see=]

February 21st, 2010, 11:47 PM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
You will find when your baby is born, he/she will be totally different then what you expected.. That's how it was with both of my pregnancies..

February 22nd, 2010, 03:41 PM
Your babies are beautiful! What are they mixed with?

February 23rd, 2010, 12:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
You never know. I'm really curious about my baby too. My hubby and I look so different, so it should be interesting. When I picture my baby, I picture him having more of my features, brown eyes, black hair, golden brown skin. Who knows.

February 23rd, 2010, 08:49 PM
ShelliBelli's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yep, its hard to say. I expected Brighton to be on the lighter side because his half brother and sister (that have a black mom as well) are light but I never expected him to be blonde hair blue eyes and the same color skin as me.
February 23rd, 2010, 11:06 PM
I would never guess your baby was mixed!

February 26th, 2010, 12:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I agree you will never know, my son is darker then I am, but still pretty light and his hair is curly, but not an afro and light brown. He has really light eyes.
March 8th, 2010, 02:31 AM
Mom.to.PinknBlue's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am curious about my little one as well. I am so white I swear I glow in the dark and DH has the most beautiful olive tanned skin tone I have ever seen...

Just remember that no matter what your child is beautiful!
Amelia: Wife to Ryan, Mama to Harleigh, with a boy on the way
March 14th, 2010, 10:50 PM
mamalexi's Avatar Veteran
mixed babies are usually the most gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!! Just my opinion....

Thank you marriedc for my perfectly beautiful siggy !!!!

March 18th, 2010, 04:22 PM
beckii's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to beckii Send a message via Yahoo to beckii
I honestly never thought about it. But my daughter was definitely darker when she was born, then her skin tone lightened through the months. Babies, no matter what mixed race can always end up a different tone than expected.
beckii ... momma to my beautiful princess Mikayla Lynn 01.18.06

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search