Qotw - Families reaction.

Forum: Interracial Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Interracial Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 1st, 2010, 03:56 PM
Perfectly~Flawed's Avatar ♥ Proud Potterhead! ♥
Send a message via AIM to Perfectly~Flawed Send a message via Yahoo to Perfectly~Flawed
When you introduced your SO to your family how was their reaction? Do you have any folks in your family who are, for lack of a better word, "racist"? Or more uncomfortable with you dating/married to someone outside of your race? If so, how do you deal with them?

March 1st, 2010, 04:33 PM
karmaissotrue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to karmaissotrue Send a message via Yahoo to karmaissotrue
Ell my Family was fine with it, they welcomed DH with open arms. His family not so much, we still have issues now but DH & I have created our own family we don't need them

THANKS SO MUCH KILIKI FOR THE WONDERFUL SIGGY
March 1st, 2010, 04:37 PM
Veteran
My family loved my DH as quickly and as much as I did. And we have a fabulous relationship with both our families. I have 2 sisters married outside our race to. We have a lot of diversity.
March 1st, 2010, 04:40 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I have family members who can go to h*ll. I don't care to see them, speak to them or even be near them because they are nasty individuals. Never really had any problems with SO's family.
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
March 8th, 2010, 01:13 AM
Mom.to.PinknBlue's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My parents were fine when I introduced DH to them. My mom's ex husband is filipino as well so I know she wouldn't have an issue with it. I wasn't so sure about my dad, but he loved him right away. The remainder of my family adores him. The only people I am worried about are my uncles on my mom's side and my maternal grandparents. They are from ohio and in their town, about 95% of the people are racist. Which is ridiculous. DH hasn't met my mother's side yet, so hopefully when he does it will be uneventful!
March 8th, 2010, 08:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My family was/is very supportive and try to make him feel like apart of the family. His family, on the other hand, try really hard to make me feel unwelcomed and not apart of the family. For many years, it bothered me (it still does a little bit) until I finally said screw it, these ppl are not going to bring their stress and drama into my life. So I won't have anything to do with his family. It was mostly his mother. Every now and then she tries to come around and play dumb as to why I won't have a relationship with her. I quickly remind her lol. I don't think she cares to really have a relationship with me. My DH kicked her to the curb too. So she's just trying to use me to get back in good with him. I'm over her and her crap.

March 10th, 2010, 01:16 PM
Lori
Send a message via Yahoo to mercuryice
Hi~
I haven't exactly joined this board yet, but I guess I can as me + DH still = family!
I am a very classic white girl - blonde, light eyes, & very very fair skinned, married to a very obvious Native American.
After I first brought him over to meet my parents I of course being concerned if there was any problems, decided to ask my mom and she looked at me like I was crazy. LOL. I was just over-reacting.
In my immediate family is is openly welcomed. We have some problems with one Aunt and one great Aunt & a couple of my dads cousins making remarks however since they are not immediate family we both try to look past them.
His family is more then welcoming to me and we are very very close as well. Sometimes I feel that I'm more excepted in his family then in mine as they always are supportive to us.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search